Is Skyrim soundtrack the best video game soundtrack??

#1 Posted by jarinjnsn (6 posts) -

So my friend says elder scrolls music sucks a## but I say its the best video game music out there!!! Skyrims is the best with morrowind a close second.. Whats your guys thoughts and opinions on the elder scrolls music

#2 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

Jeremy Soule's a good composer, but I can think of better game soundtracks than Skyrim.

#3 Posted by SovietsUnited (2319 posts) -

It's good but nothing special, the best track (main theme) is essentially a different version of Morrowind's.
Wouldn't even add it in Top 150 tbh

#4 Posted by Pffrbt (6565 posts) -

Skyrim's soundtrack is mostly bland while sometimes becoming annoying. I really really hate the main theme especially. I mute the music when I play it.

#5 Posted by chaplainDMK (6842 posts) -

Can't remember a single note from it, so no.

#6 Edited by TheDarkWolf86 (267 posts) -

I personally enjoy it. Its not the best video game soundtrack out there, but it is among my top five.

#7 Edited by foxhound_fox (88755 posts) -

Oblivion's was far better.

And the idea that an Elder Scrolls game has the best soundtrack is just hilarious.

Shadow of the Colossus, NIER, Metroid Prime, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Lament of Innocence, all the Halo games... there are tons with far superior soundtracks made by far superior composers.

#8 Posted by uninspiredcup (9006 posts) -

It's certainly very good. Best ever? Well, not for me. It has a cool theme, other than that, nothing really stands out.

I'd say MDK 2 has the best (or one of the best) soundtracks.

#9 Posted by mastermetal777 (1717 posts) -

Skyrim has good tracks, but it's not the best soundtrack. That honor, for me, goes to Chrono Cross.

#10 Edited by illmatic87 (15292 posts) -

While Skyrim's mostly relaxing orchestrations has its moments: The Skyrim evenings, those powerful and identifiable barbaric choir hits and its most memorable for me being this one sweeping multi-textured pad), the soundtrack as a whole just never stuck out to me as compelling. It ended up just falling into the typical generic fantasy orchestration that Jeremy Soule tends to fall into.

He's had better fantasy soundtracks in his resume, notably the Icewind Dale and Guild Wars titles.

#11 Posted by PsychoLemons (2117 posts) -

Good but not the best.