So my friend says elder scrolls music sucks a## but I say its the best video game music out there!!! Skyrims is the best with morrowind a close second.. Whats your guys thoughts and opinions on the elder scrolls music
- Member Since: May 22, 2014
- Posts: 25
- Member Since: August 8, 2006
- Posts: 21040
- Member Since: June 1, 2009
- Posts: 2428
- Member Since: December 2, 2010
- Posts: 6606
- Member Since: February 20, 2008
- Posts: 7004
- Member Since: November 1, 2009
- Posts: 402
- Member Since: March 12, 2005
- Posts: 93836
Oblivion's was far better.
And the idea that an Elder Scrolls game has the best soundtrack is just hilarious.
Shadow of the Colossus, NIER, Metroid Prime, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Lament of Innocence, all the Halo games... there are tons with far superior soundtracks made by far superior composers.
- Member Since: June 28, 2013
- Posts: 17364
- Member Since: August 13, 2009
- Posts: 3060
- Member Since: December 11, 2008
- Posts: 16502
While Skyrim's mostly relaxing orchestrations has its moments: The Skyrim evenings, those powerful and identifiable barbaric choir hits and its most memorable for me being this one sweeping multi-textured pad), the soundtrack as a whole just never stuck out to me as compelling. It ended up just falling into the typical generic fantasy orchestration that Jeremy Soule tends to fall into.
He's had better fantasy soundtracks in his resume, notably the Icewind Dale and Guild Wars titles.