Is "Hard Boiled" on the PS3 "Stranglehold" HD or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 robhuck
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I've heard reports that the copy of "Hard Boiled" included with the PS3 collector's edition of "Strangelhold" is not HD as originally promised. I went in to buy it today, but nowhere on the box does it say the film is high def, and it actually includes a photo of the recent DVD box. The guys at Gamestop said they've been hearing reports that the film isn't HD, but no one in the store had actually put one in a PS3.

Does anyone own a copy, and if so, is the film HD?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I'd be surprised if it wasn't HD.  That said, just because it is HD doesn't always mean that they did a good job remastering the film.  Older movies don't always hold up on Blu-Ray.  I've got Dawn of the Dead and 2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu-Ray.  Dawn of the Dead looks like the DVD version for the most part, while the 2001: A Space Odyssey Blu-Ray happens to be the most gorgeous piece of video I've ever seen.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
it has to be HD its on a blue ray disc, im sure thats why the game has been pushed back an ungodly amount of time, that and i hope they fixed the sound and tequila time because they were glitched out the wazoo
kvn7918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kvn7918
Member since 2005 • 1544 Posts
it has to be HD its on a blue ray disc, im sure thats why the game has been pushed back an ungodly amount of time, that and i hope they fixed the sound and tequila time because they were glitched out the wazooAnimal-Mother
Movies don't magically become hd because it's on blu-ray,everything has to coded or in this case recoded for hi-res viewing.That's not the reason the game was delayed,compaines have had a lot of problems port ut3 engeine games over to the ps3.Heck even epic the creators of the engine is having trouble that's why ut3 was delayed on the ps3.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

I'd be surprised if it wasn't HD. That said, just because it is HD doesn't always mean that they did a good job remastering the film. Older movies don't always hold up on Blu-Ray. I've got Dawn of the Dead and 2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu-Ray. Dawn of the Dead looks like the DVD version for the most part, while the 2001: A Space Odyssey Blu-Ray happens to be the most gorgeous piece of video I've ever seen.rragnaar

Yeah, I just finished watching it, and it's definitely HD, but from what I can tell, the master is crap, and therefore the transfer isn't nearly up to the standards of your typical hollywood movie in 1080p. Then again, since this is a Hong Kong movie from the early 90s, you can't really expect too much. ;)

I'm honestly excited, because I was worried that it wasn't going to end up being HD after all, after I couldn't find any info on it online or even on the disc itself. The movie doesn't look great, but it definitely looks a little clearer and more vivid than DVD.