Is Pikmin 2 for the Gamecube worth $48?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts

I could buy another Gamecube for less. But I can't find that game anywhere. I got the first one for like $7 and really liked it but $48 for a Gamecube game? Jeez...

Is it worth it? Anyone actually have it?

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Pretty sure gamestop is cheaper. And it's about the same.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7945089/Pikmin-2

Save 18 bucks but you only get the disk.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 im_mr_brown

Gamestop has it for $35 but I don't know if it comes with the case and manual. I'm kinda OCD like that :D

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 im_mr_brown

martinX3X

Thanks for the site! I've never heard of it before but it looks pretty cool. I would want the complete game though with the case and everything.

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

If you have a local Play-N-Trade game store in your areathey should have it for cheap I assume.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

I would wait on this one. New Play Control Pikmin 2 came out on the Wii in all other regions but here. I think if Pikmin 3 comes out you'll see New Play Control Pikmin 2 come out for less money than that.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Try eBay I guess. They re-released it for Wii, but only in EU and JP lands.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

Well, in my personal opinion, it was originally sold at a higher price. Although it is used, there is a reason why it has held its value. Although I have actually never played the second Pikmin, I thought the first one was a cool if not anof the wall game. With that being said though, at least it had a lot of originality... something you don't find a whole lot of these days. So, I guess the question comes down to whether or not there is a new game out for a current gen system you might want more... if the answer is no, then you are spending no more then buying a new game... probably in most cases even less. I know that through my collecting there have been games that I wanted that held their value, there are even a few games I have gotten that were more expensive to buy used years later then they were when they firstl released. So long story short, I guess my answer is, if you want the game, and ifthat is the going price, then yes, I would say it is worth it!

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#10 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Oh my no. I'd say 10 bucks at the most. Veeeeeeeery maybe 15, as it's a collector's item and hard to find, but that's on you.
Megadaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Megadaman
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

Definately, Pikmin 2 was my second favorite GC game behind Windwaker. The story was awesome and you can get a buddy and have a blast on the two player mode, my friends and I would play it for hours. If you liked the first one this one pretty much improved on everything in that game.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 im_mr_brown

I guess I'll lurk ebay until a cheap one pops up. In the mean time, I just bought F-Zero GX for $7. WOOT!

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

I guess I'll lurk ebay until a cheap one pops up. In the mean time, I just bought F-Zero GX for $7. WOOT!

im_mr_brown
Gamestop has it for 4.99 :P
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 im_mr_brown

[QUOTE="im_mr_brown"]

rwallacefan

Gamestop has it for 4.99 :P

The ones near me don't have it at all. in fact, they've got very few Gamecube games at all.

On the Gamestop website it's listed at $35 but I caved and grabbed one from ebay for $38 :P and now my Gamecube collection is complete!

Smug_Duckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Smug_Duckling
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

[QUOTE="martinX3X"]

im_mr_brown

Thanks for the site! I've never heard of it before but it looks pretty cool. I would want the complete game though with the case and everything.

Glyde is actually a really good site for buying games. I've bought rare gamecube games for dirt cheap on that site. I definitely recommend it.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

i bought my pikmin 2 from a movie gallery game zone before MG went bankrupt for $3.99. came complete. would i say it was worth $50? well that's hard to say because it actually IS worth $50... that's what people charge for it. it's kinda rare,and it is actually a cool game. it doesn't have the evil time frame that the first one did, and it's 2-player. i'd say, no though, cause you can get it for the wii for significantly less money. if you don't own a wii and you can spare the money, go for it. you'll enjoy it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's a fantastic game, but for 48? I wouldn't pay that much for it. You can most likely find it for cheaper on Ebay or somewhere. I still have my copy in pristine condition :D