Is Money the Most Important Factor Here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

The GameSpot sweepstakes for the new gen console giveaway got me questioning why some gamers are making such a huge deal about which console is going to be their best choice this time around. From your personal standpoint, is money the most important factor? I've read a lot about how some believe the xbox one is going to have a whole bunch of unnecessary and pointless features that they don't want to pay an extra $100 for. The alternative -- go for the next best thing which is very similar, but will leave you with a little extra spending money for the week, or to blow on games and accessories for their new purchase. However, if YOU were to be picked to be given a brand new console of your choice absolutely free of charge, would that change your final decision, or would you stick with what you've had your eye on regardless of what was being paid?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

if they were all the same price, i'd still want a ps4 more. sony is just the more exciting video game company. they foster new gaming experiences that keep me excited in the medium. they fund and publish games that are both atypical and great like jouney, flower, or shadow of the colossus. even with games that i don't think turned out well like heavy rain, at least i was interested in trying it (and i'm still happy that i did try it in conjunction with the better games even if i didn't like it ). yeah, they still publish killzone, uncharted, and other safe games too. it's not that i don't want to play any of those either. it's just that i don't want those types of games to be all (or even most) of what i play.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

For me not which to get, but when to get it.

The price will lower itself after awhile and an additional benefit, which I view as the most important factor, is a larger selection of games to choose from if you wait some months. I'd rather have a selection larger then 10 games when I buy a new console as I might find only 2-3 of them interesting enough to get.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I chose PS4 before prices were even revealed... so no..

I'm pretty sure most people on these forums are big enough gamers that they would never make their decision based solely on a $100 price difference.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I chose to forgo both and build a PC instead, as soon as both consoles were announced and detailed. It was more expensive up front, but the games are cheaper faster and exclusive console games don't do much for me (aside from Nintendo's).

So yeah, it was definitely about price for me. $400 for a console that can't be upgraded for nearly ten years and a few extra services that I don't care about just doesn't seem like a good deal to me. PS+ does a bit to mitigate that, but then there's the problem of not being able to upgrade halfway through the cycle to boost my gaming experience.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

Graphics is the most important for me, which is why i am going to buy the ps4 first when i am ready for next generation because its $100 cheaper and the games looks better on it, to me that is a great deal.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

@yukushi:

If the graphics are the most important to you(horrible horrible gamer imo if you hold graphics over gameplay), then why don't you get a gaming pc, because games released on pc will look better than games released on ps4 or Xone.