Is it wrong that i.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

just bought a sega dreamcast?

I probably won't even use it

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Does it feel wrong?
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 angryfodder

Too be honest, I don't know how I feel. I actually bought it yesterday for £8

Today I bought my first game...MSR (before PGR - there was MSR) and the dude in the shop looked at me kinda funny - I don't think he realised they still even sold dreamcast games. I found them by digging about under the preowned PS2 self.

Shenmue 2 was still like £22 ($35-40??)

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I still use my DC for one game mainly, Marvel vs capcom (I wasn't rebuying it for another system). It was a good console and the 360 actually reminds me of it a lot, with more games thanks to a better life span.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 angryfodder

I never had one first time round - but borrowed my mates and really liked it.

The shenmue games are meant to be some of the best games ever....according to my mate.....so I might give them ago.

Soul calibar is cool too

Basically I have high hopes for this purchase - after buying the sega saturn turned out to be a bit of a mistake

V-Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 V-Nine
Member since 2005 • 684 Posts
Not at all. I have 3 Dreamcasts and 16 VMUs( I still raise chao and mags), still use them. Not to mention I STILL buy games for my old systems as far back as the NES. Hey I missed out on alot of stuff and to get them now is a bargain;) .
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordAndrew

Shenmue, Soul Calibur... Yeah, the Dreamcast had some great games. Now I feel bad for never owning one. :(

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angryfodder

Not at all. I have 3 Dreamcasts and 16 VMUs( I still raise chao and mags), still use them. Not to mention I STILL buy games for my old systems as far back as the NES. Hey I missed out on alot of stuff and to get them now is a bargain;) .V-Nine

I have coming close to a full list of all retro consoles now.

Why would you want/need 3 dreamcasts though? And more importantly, why 16 VDU - thats the memory cards right?

Whats a choa and a mags?

Oh and the VDU's - do they have an on board rechargeable battery? Or will I need to buy a battery?

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 angryfodder

lol - i've got it fired up now - its awesome!!!!

People should sell their ps3's and buy a dreamcast instead

skulper34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skulper34
Member since 2004 • 2747 Posts

angryfodder

yeah a lot of people were happier with the dreamcast than the ps2, even today, the only reason dc went extinct is because the playstation 2 was released, and you know how fanboys were, and because "sony, built in dvd player" was a big thing at the time, it sold more, if it wasnt for sony dreamcast would be a huge hit, and possibly sega might have made another console for this gen

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Not it's not wrong, DC had a great line up of games. I really enjoyed the original power stone. :D
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 angryfodder

The VDU thing is pretty cool! It doesn't work when I remove it from the controller though? I'm not sure if I need to replace a battery or something?

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Time to play some shenmue!
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angryfodder

A list of awesome games that I need to buy would be useful

at the moment I only have MSR - but I am looking on E-bay to get shenmue 1 and 2 and soul calibar

xavierdhjane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 xavierdhjane
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

at the moment I only have MSR - but I am looking on E-bay to get shenmue 1 and 2 and soul calibar

angryfodder

Its gonna be tough man. If you can't find it, your system and try to find a friend who will let you copy it. SEGA won't care, they stopped support for it last year. Meaning, the console is dead and they won't mind you experiencing it. Especially, not when that could be the convincing factor in making you buy a 360 just for Shenmue 3. ;)

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

Dreamcast wasnt bad when it first came out I actually enjoyed it much more than the Playstation back in the day but too bad the ps2 dominated the DC :sigh:

now you have to buy some good games for it, buy sonic adventure next and if you want get crazy taxi

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Check out Resident Evil: Code Veronica if you haven't already. That's a cool Dreamcast game. :)
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angryfodder
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

xavierdhjane

Its gonna be tough man. If you can't find it, your system and try to find a friend who will let you copy it. SEGA won't care, they stopped support for it last year. Meaning, the console is dead and they won't mind you experiencing it. Especially, not when that could be the convincing factor in making you buy a 360 just for Shenmue 3. ;)

There are a bunch on copies of shenmue and shenmue 2 on e-bay (uk) I guess they are kinda rar as they are expensive compared to the other DC titles that are only a few pounds each.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Shenmue, Soul Calibur... Yeah, the Dreamcast had some great games. Now I feel bad for never owning one. :(

LordAndrew

Yeah, that happened to me too. I bought a Playstation but I missed out on the DC because back then I was fully into PC gaming. Now I regret it. I'd rather have spent all that time playing Soul Calibur than configuring my Voodoo 2 SLI.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I have 15 minutes left (currently the highest bidder on ebay)before I am a happy (late) owner of the Dreamcast. I always wanted one but never got around to getting it because I was so pressed for the PS2.

Some of the games that I look forward to getting are Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber (even though I'm not a fighting fan), Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angryfodder

Good times - more retro gaming converts!

I am actually really surprised by the dreamcast. I am used to my retro games, being well, retro. I guess the dreamcast isn't as old as I thought it was. ok, its not cutting edge, and you can see that its an older system, but the graphics are surprisingly good!

GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts
Check out the Sonic games, Sonic Adventure 1 man, good times :D 1 might be hard to find because it had a bad reputation of breaking so easily.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]

skulper34

yeah a lot of people were happier with the dreamcast than the ps2, even today, the only reason dc went extinct is because the playstation 2 was released, and you know how fanboys were, and because "sony, built in dvd player" was a big thing at the time, it sold more, if it wasnt for sony dreamcast would be a huge hit, and possibly sega might have made another console for this gen

orrr sony had this little system called the playstation which had superb games and a vast library, and this led them to buy the ps2. it had nothing to do with being a fanboy, its called they built up a loyal userbase. take a look at the last sega two systems before the dreamcast and you will have your answer.

people were just waiting for the ps2 to come along.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I was outbidded on the previous auction but I found another one and won. So now all I have to do is sit back wait for it to get here. Once I get it I've go back an look for some games to go with it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordAndrew

I was outbidded on the previous auction but I found another one and won. So now all I have to do is sit back wait for it to get here. Once I get it I've go back an look for some games to go with it.

princesszelda

Sweet. Now I have to go find one. :)

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angryfodder
take a look at the last sega two systems before the dreamcast and you will have your answer.

OneWingedAngeI

Before the dreamcast was the saturn right? That was pretty rubbish, I have one, and there isn't much worth playing.

Before that was the mega drive though right? and that was awesome! (or are we taking about the mega CD...Which I think was an add on the mega drive?)

When was the dreamcast released? What was the competition at the time? N64 and PS1? I can't remember now

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LordAndrew
[QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"] take a look at the last sega two systems before the dreamcast and you will have your answer.

angryfodder

Before the dreamcast was the saturn right? That was pretty rubbish, I have one, and there isn't much worth playing.

Before that was the mega drive though right? and that was awesome! (or are we taking about the mega CD...Which I think was an add on the mega drive?)

When was the dreamcast released? What was the competition at the time? N64 and PS1? I can't remember now

Yes. At the time it was competing against the PlayStation and Nintendo 64, and was quite superior to both of them.

But then the PlayStation 2 came along and crushed the Dreamcast.

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

Check out Skies of Arcadia aswell. I played Legends on the GC and its one of my favourite RPGs. Don't forget Sould Blade too, before there was a calibour. The Sonic Adventure game also kicks but. Oh and House of the Dead.

Never owned a DC but played alot at a friends house. Its an aweful shame it didn't last long. The library was really good.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LordAndrew

Check out Skies of Arcadia aswell. I played Legends on the GC and its one of my favourite RPGs. Don't forget Sould Blade too, before there was a calibour. The Sonic Adventure game also kicks but. Oh and House of the Dead.

Never owned a DC but played alot at a friends house. Its an aweful shame it didn't last long. The library was really good.

-shmelo-

Soul Blade is a PlayStation game.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 angryfodder

I have decided that getting the dreamcast was def not wrong.

However, shenmue is going to csot me a good £25 - which does seem a bit wrong

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Just get some games on ebay...or just sell the dreamcast on e-bay and make someone else happy.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 angryfodder

haha - no way - I love my dreamcast now, there is no way i'm selling it!

I think i might actually prefer MSR to PGR!

-Xcalibur-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Xcalibur-
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts

Get Power Stone and Power Stone 2, Sonic Adventures, and Jet Grind Radio!

And if you can, find a semi-rare game called Tech Romancer, amazing mech fighting game.