Is it worth to buy a Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RedAlert8 (50 posts) -
I don't have a Xbox 360, and people keep telling me to buy one. I have PS3, but is worth getting a Xbox360? They just want me to play with them online. So is it?(Man I said that question more than I thought I would.)
#2 Posted by RedAlert8 (50 posts) -
I don't have a Xbox 360, and people keep telling me to buy one. I have PS3, but is worth getting a Xbox360? They just want me to play with them online. So is it?(Man I said that question more than I thought I would.)RedAlert8
OH! And why?
#3 Posted by IC3_C0LD_ZERO (297 posts) -
If you are really interested in it's exclusive titles, which aren't many and few of the are good then go for it. But if you want it solely for online multiplayer with your friends I'd say it'd be a waste of money. The next Xbox is less than a year away so better keep your money for it
#4 Posted by RedAlert8 (50 posts) -
If you are really interested in it's exclusive titles, which aren't many and few of the are good then go for it. But if you want it solely for online multiplayer with your friends I'd say it'd be a waste of money. The next Xbox is less than a year away so better keep your money for itIC3_C0LD_ZERO
I'll be sure to think about it. Especially since my friends want me to play Call of Duty with them. Even though I have for PS3. Thanks!
#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75101 posts) -
If you really want it and invest some time in it, sure why not?
#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9906 posts) -

Absolutely. The system has several amazing games that can't be found on PS3 like Trials Evolution, Mark of the Ninja, Forza 4 and Horizon, the Halo and Gears games, Project Gotham Racing 4, The Witcher 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Geometry Wars and more.

#7 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

I'd say wait for a price drop, but then I remembered: Microsoft doesn't do price drops. 

Simple answer: buy one if it has enough games to justify its still too high price tag.

#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (16454 posts) -

Absolutely. The system has several amazing games that can't be found on PS3 like Trials Evolution, Mark of the Ninja, Forza 4 and Horizon, the Halo and Gears games, Project Gotham Racing 4, The Witcher 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Geometry Wars and more.

speedfreak48t5p
Agreed. I say go for it and pick one up.
#9 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34367 posts) -

Yeah, it's worth buying, it has plenty of good games and features.

#10 Posted by Yoshi9000 (432 posts) -

eh, I guess, I just feel like xbox live is a bit of a rip off. If you really do have friends to play with then I guess it is worth it. Halo and Gears do have some pretty fun online multiplayer, even if I'm bored of halo now you may like it. Gears horde mode is still tons of fun to me, best survival mode I've played yet.

#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (31590 posts) -

It would be if the online didn't cost money. The system has a some good exclusives, but since you already have a PS3, you can get multiplats on that system and not have to pay for Gold.

#12 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

Nah

Least not for CoD.

I like the 360, I really do, but right now I think PS3 is on a hot streak.

I own both, I wouldn't rebuy a 360 right now if it broke down.

#13 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

yes its worth it.

#14 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

Just for the online? Nah.

#15 Posted by Evenios (1189 posts) -

I have both. If you have the money go for it theres a few good exclusives on it (halo if you like shooters, a few rpgs...minecraft) if you play a lot of games online and if you have a lot of firends who do use xbox live it may be worth it for you just know in order to play online for most games you have to buy the monthly xbox live Gold service though :-).  I honestly play on my pc more lately but both systems are pretty good.   Dont get a used xbox 360 though with the older red ring of death issues always buy it new.

#16 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
System recommendation threads aren't allowed on the PGD.