Is it worth buying a PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pookie2232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pookie2232
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
I would like to get other peoples opinions,is the PS3 worth buying.I have a Xbox 360 with alot of games and I am very satisfied with it.But will Sony have more exclusives then Microsoft in the long run.I have heard that even Metal Gear Solid 4 will be coming to the 360.Besides Resistance,what other exclusives will the PS3 have that is worth playing.Spending $500 or $600 plus is alot of money for a console I might not use much if the 360 is better.To be honest,I can't say the PS3 is not good,because I have never tried it.Although I did not like the PS2.Thank You in advance.......
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts
I ask myself the same question everytime I go into Bestbuy.:P For me personally it's not worth buying right now because there have to be at least 5 games I'm interest in to buy the system.
Star_Wars117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#3 Star_Wars117
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
I really want to get one for christmas but im just not sure yet. Im having so much fun with my wii and 360 right now. There are just not enough good games on it except resistance.
mynameisjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mynameisjr
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
If you like hi-definition dvds, as I do it's good but for gaming not really
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

PS3

Pros: It has a BluRay player.

Cons: Very few games out for it. Games that were supposedly "launch titles" for PS3 are delayed indefinitely because of coding problems with PS3, It is far too expensive for what it offers, The $399 version is NOT backwards compatible, and has a cheaper slower chipset.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

I would like to get other peoples opinions,is the PS3 worth buying.I have a Xbox 360 with alot of games and I am very satisfied with it.But will Sony have more exclusives then Microsoft in the long run.I have heard that even Metal Gear Solid 4 will be coming to the 360.Besides Resistance,what other exclusives will the PS3 have that is worth playing.Spending $500 or $600 plus is alot of money for a console I might not use much if the 360 is better.To be honest,I can't say the PS3 is not good,because I have never tried it.Although I did not like the PS2.Thank You in advance.......pookie2232

mgs4 ff13 and ff versus are not coming to the 360, period. There's also uncharted, warhawk which is an online game, ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, folklore, resistence fall of man, ut3 * timed exclusive* God of war 3, White knight story, gran turismo, tekken 6, haze, killzone 2 and some tba titles. Basically the best titles in every genre are on ps3. You've gotthe best fighter, best stealth game, best rpg, best hack and slash, best racer and possibily best fps. There's also little big planet which has an original concept and home which is a simulation and fully pre-rendered.

mynameisjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mynameisjr
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="pookie2232"]I would like to get other peoples opinions,is the PS3 worth buying.I have a Xbox 360 with alot of games and I am very satisfied with it.But will Sony have more exclusives then Microsoft in the long run.I have heard that even Metal Gear Solid 4 will be coming to the 360.Besides Resistance,what other exclusives will the PS3 have that is worth playing.Spending $500 or $600 plus is alot of money for a console I might not use much if the 360 is better.To be honest,I can't say the PS3 is not good,because I have never tried it.Although I did not like the PS2.Thank You in advance.......gamingqueen

mgs4 ff13 and ff versus are not coming to the 360, period. There's also uncharted, warhawk which is an online game, ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, folklore, resistence fall of man, ut3 * timed exclusive* God of war 3, White knight story, gran turismo, tekken 6, haze, killzone 2 and some tba titles. Basically the best titles in every genre are on ps3. You've gotthe best fighter, best stealth game, best rpg, best hack and slash, best racer and possibily best fps.

You are delusional if you think PS3 has better games

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="pookie2232"]I would like to get other peoples opinions,is the PS3 worth buying.I have a Xbox 360 with alot of games and I am very satisfied with it.But will Sony have more exclusives then Microsoft in the long run.I have heard that even Metal Gear Solid 4 will be coming to the 360.Besides Resistance,what other exclusives will the PS3 have that is worth playing.Spending $500 or $600 plus is alot of money for a console I might not use much if the 360 is better.To be honest,I can't say the PS3 is not good,because I have never tried it.Although I did not like the PS2.Thank You in advance.......mynameisjr

mgs4 ff13 and ff versus are not coming to the 360, period. There's also uncharted, warhawk which is an online game, ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, folklore, resistence fall of man, ut3 * timed exclusive* God of war 3, White knight story, gran turismo, tekken 6, haze, killzone 2 and some tba titles. Basically the best titles in every genre are on ps3. You've gotthe best fighter, best stealth game, best rpg, best hack and slash, best racer and possibily best fps.

You are delusional if you think PS3 has better games

I didn't decide those were the best games in each genre alone. Anyone could tell that by reading the titles!

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Please read the board header and floated threads before posting. This belongs in System Wars.