CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I've been playing the Hardline beta and I felt like I could use some of that more military feel, with the more destructive weaponry and stuff. I skipped 4 at 1st, but after playing Hardline, I remembered the good times in Battlefield 3 and I was hoping I'd get more of that in 4. And especially, after trying out Hacker mode in Hardline, I got very interested in Battlefield 4's Commander mode, which I remember was great in 2. I always like playing such roles in multiplayer games. But I've also heard countless complaints about the issues and bugs in 4. Is it really that bad?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious: I have been having a great time in BF4, i waited untill the prize dropped and got it cheap about a month ago and im really impressed by it actually, the physics in that game are insane and the graphics looks amazing on the next gen systems.

If you want to check out some gameplay from the Multiplayer and take a look at the physics and stuff you might wanna check out this video

Loading Video...

You should watch it in 1080p to get a glimpse of the graphics as well. Oh and btw i enjoy this more than what i have played from the BF Hardline beta but ya know it's just beta and it's probably gonna be a great shooter as well.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

No, many will still play BF4.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Depends on how you like your Battlefield. If you enjoy the ridiculous normal version of the game then ya I'm sure plenty play, but when I went on a month ago, most of the hardcore servers were empty. So if hardcore modes are more your style then I'd stay away.

Games finally a "finished" product though. Took them a year and some but it works the way you think it should be working now. No more getting stuck in a jet a 10000ft facing straight up into the skies boundaries.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CapnXtraObvious

@roulettethedog said:

You can still find players playing Quake 2 Online, so yes, there is still people on BF4.

Huh, but I'm starting to have a hard time finding players playing Titanfall online. Is Quake 2 newer than Titanfall or...?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ribstaylor1

@CapnXtraObvious: No quake 2 is just a classic, just like CS:1.6 there will all ways be some playing them. Titanfall on the other hand. Kind of small on content, and it apparently shows in it's dwindling online user base (Sorry only online mode is available)....

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CapnXtraObvious

Thanks for the answers. I'm wondering how much Battlefield 4 and Hardline differ from each other. I might want to get both, but I wouldn't want them to be too similar to each other.

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CapnXtraObvious

@ribstaylor1 said:

@CapnXtraObvious: No quake 2 is just a classic, just like CS:1.6 there will all ways be some playing them. Titanfall on the other hand. Kind of small on content, and it apparently shows in it's dwindling online user base (Sorry only online mode is available)....

Good to know it's never too late to jump into some of that 90s action. And Titanfall...I wasn't very interested in it, but decided to try it out when it was on sale. Then I found it so much fun, so satisfying, so well-made. But yes, it has one major flaw. It relies fully on online play. I thought it wouldn't be too late to jump in only a YEAR later. I'm still pissed that I spent money on it, got the version with all the DLC and got to enjoy it for only a few months or so. Didn't expect a game like Titanfall to be left to rot so fast. So, obviously, I've become very cautious no matter how popular, how new a game is. I've gotten burned more than once like this. And pretty hard.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ribstaylor1

@CapnXtraObvious: Same here. I no longer buy games the year of. Just isn't worth it anymore. If they can't hold a user base online for more then a year or two then it wasn't worth it to begin with, I still can't believe we are seeing a new BF so soon. Hell they just got BF4 running like a finished and fully functioning game a couple of months ago. Go BF4 if anything the maps are awesome, for what I played I loved it, but again I'm into hardcore modes and they seemed to have been dwindling in numbers. It's the last game I ever buy the year of as for $120 I might of had 4 months of the game running on my pc. Took till october 2014 to finally get it running again. I got the game on release so ya never again.,

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CapnXtraObvious

@ribstaylor1: What do the hardcore modes do?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ribstaylor1

Things do more damage. Hud and all the things that pop up showing stuff on the screen are gone. You won't be able to put C4 under vehicles and fling them across the map with people still alive in them. It's just more realistic as a whole. The normal version is just to much like cod mixed with ghost recon. With all the bad bits from cod and non of the good ones from ghost recon. Far less strategy is used on normal hardcore you kind of have to think about where your going and angles and hiding spots as you die a lot faster.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

Good to know it's never too late to jump into some of that 90s action. And Titanfall...I wasn't very interested in it, but decided to try it out when it was on sale. Then I found it so much fun, so satisfying, so well-made. But yes, it has one major flaw. It relies fully on online play. I thought it wouldn't be too late to jump in only a YEAR later. I'm still pissed that I spent money on it, got the version with all the DLC and got to enjoy it for only a few months or so. Didn't expect a game like Titanfall to be left to rot so fast. So, obviously, I've become very cautious no matter how popular, how new a game is. I've gotten burned more than once like this. And pretty hard.

That's my exact same experience with TitanFall, except I got it day one, had fun for days and just got tired of it and finally sold it. Online only didn't help either.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ojmstr

@ribstaylor1: That sounds awesome, so many times i could get many more kills when i flank people if my weapons would do more damage in hardcore mode. Btw if you can't find any hardcore mode servers just play at night time if you have the chance, mostly hardcore players online at that time.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

You'll have tons of fun with BF4 , it's a multiplayer masterpiece without a doubt...

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CapnXtraObvious

@ribstaylor1 said:

Things do more damage. Hud and all the things that pop up showing stuff on the screen are gone. You won't be able to put C4 under vehicles and fling them across the map with people still alive in them. It's just more realistic as a whole. The normal version is just to much like cod mixed with ghost recon. With all the bad bits from cod and non of the good ones from ghost recon. Far less strategy is used on normal hardcore you kind of have to think about where your going and angles and hiding spots as you die a lot faster.

That sounds good. I'm hoping Hardline will have that as well if I can't play it in 4.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Battlefield 4 sells 7+ million, only 2% are still playing

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Better late then never. A lot of people still play its a really fun.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ojmstr

People will play BF4 untill BF5 comes out, Hardline is just a spin-off title

mohit9206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mohit9206
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

Does anyone still play Battlefield 3?

Nutella_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Nutella_Armor
Member since 2014 • 41 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

I've been playing the Hardline beta and I felt like I could use some of that more military feel, with the more destructive weaponry and stuff. I skipped 4 at 1st, but after playing Hardline, I remembered the good times in Battlefield 3 and I was hoping I'd get more of that in 4. And especially, after trying out Hacker mode in Hardline, I got very interested in Battlefield 4's Commander mode, which I remember was great in 2. I always like playing such roles in multiplayer games. But I've also heard countless complaints about the issues and bugs in 4. Is it really that bad?

Man, do NOT go for BF4 if you're looking for a genuine Battlefield experience, save your money and save yourself from endless frustration.

The game is basically a DLC of BF3 but an extremely bad one. It's water-downed and it's a slot machine type game. All about the unlocks and no gameplay. I wrote about this sometime back it might help you: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065237125311185/

It's like they're trying to please the run n' gun CoD fanboys and the Battlefield players. Vehicles take a secondary role it's all built around run n' gun.

The game mechanics aren't the only thing flawed, the game is unplayable for many. I haven't played for a while so I don't know how it is exactly now but the game froze constantly. It froze the whole system and many players reported it fried their systems. I posted a thread about the freezing thing, I got more than 1500 replies: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493757864410/1/

A lawsuit was even filed. After a while I just started and now play for giggles n' shit. This game cannot be taken seriously.

For the first few months I did have fun but it was nothing lasting, nothing like the thing I had with Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3. The game does have a lot off flashy gun attachments, camos and things but nothing more.

Hope this helps.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ojmstr

@nutella_armor: Flawed game mechanics? Extremly bad? No gameplay?

Now take a look at the video i linked above

Nutella_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nutella_Armor

@ojmstr said:

@nutella_armor: Flawed game mechanics? Extremly bad? No gameplay?

Now take a look at the video i linked above

Please monica, my grandma can churn out better gameplay.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ojmstr

@nutella_armor: mmmk, my name is John btw John Rambo. I'll be honest with you, BF4 has it's flaws if you take a look at the broader picture. There are some annoying bugs here and there in both singleplayer and multiplayer, not often you see them though, it's not a gamebreaker, at least not on the PS4 but if we focus on the graphics, physics (destructable environments) etc.. and offcourse just the simple yet engaging and immersive action packed 1st person multiplayer gameplay with descent maps, modes, vehicles weapons, upgrades etc... then i really don't see this game as what you portrayed it to be in the first place "The game is basically a DLC of BF3 but an extremely bad one"

From my point of view, BF4 newest gen is the best, most immersive and most "realistic" 1st person shootem-up game ever made, no wonder why millions are playing it or has played it up through the last year and not suprising that the company behind this game DICE will make the next Star Wars Battlefront game.

Uploaded this video about an hour ago. Just some cool moments showing some nice physics in action and just some plain fun and engaging gameplay i recorded from last week. Don't understand the hate thowards this game, at least not when it comes to the gameplay which is really the most important part of a game.

Loading Video...

Nutella_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nutella_Armor

@ojmstr: I respect your opinion but I just don't see BF4 living up to being a true Battlefield game. The game is trying to appeal to a BIG audience thus more $$$. This makes the game very board in the sense of core values, they're not making something which will only appeal to BF players but also other players like CoD and whatnot. Quite mishmashed.

I'm surprise you mention destruction, in the base game and China Rising it's almost none existent, it would be a blessing if a tank round goes through a simple wall. Bad Company 2 was so beautiful. Everything could be taken down with ease. But of course the whole layout of those maps were different and the building design was completely different. If a BF games starts having destruction like the type in Red Fraction Armageddon that'll be a real treat.

It hasn't been too bad, Obliteration with vehicles is fun.

Cool vid.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

I say why not. You could find it for like really cheap on ebay or Gamestop.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ojmstr

@nutella_armor: Hey, i respect yours as well, everyone are entitled to their own opinion. Havn't played those games you mentioned but sounds awesome if they have more destructable environments than BF4. Thanks btw, glad you enjoyed the gameplay vid.

Nutella_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nutella_Armor

@ojmstr:

No problem!

Yea man you should try them.

Bad Company 2, Mercenaries 2, and Red Fraction Armageddon have the best destruction I've seen. In Bad Company 2 the destruction flows very well. The building debris and dirt kick up flows nicely. Imagine a BMP-3 ramming through a wall and lobbing 30mm rounds at a house while an Mi-28 attack chopper rockets the area nearby. That's what I love about that game, everything flows. Very hard though. After playing BF3 and BF4 I went back and played it for a while and let me tell you it is HARD. The normal mode is pretty much hardcore mode.

The destruction in Mercenaries 2 is huge. The graphics aren't great but if you can get over that it's amazing. Entire building complexes can be brought down, long suspension bridges can be destroyed, trees cut down, shacks obliterated, literally everything can be taken out. Only thing you can't do is deform the terrain.

I only played the demo for Red Fraction Armageddon but it also has total destruction. One of the weapons you have is a magnet gun with which you can rip things from their fixtures and hurl them at enemies. You can take the walkway in front of you and chuck it at the roof.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ojmstr

@nutella_armor: Sounds awesome, i love blowing shit up in videogames and it hasn't been to much of that in videogaming tbh, not those realistic destructable environments at least. Hopefully we will see alot of that in the coming years especially in 1st person millitary shootem-up games where i allmost feel it is a must have feature for it to feel immersive to play. I'll check out those games you mentioned one day and have them in my radar if they come out with sequals on the new gen consoles.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

With CTE still on-going within the PC community, and very frequently putting in new updates/changes, alongside BF4 still getting a couple more DLCs soon---BF4 is still in full swing.

Please do yourself a favor though, including everyone here. DO NOT run out and buy BF4. Rent it first. Then make a decision.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

@ribstaylor1: What do the hardcore modes do?

Break the game

Just ups the damage and removes some (stupid) HUD elements. BF3 for example had the idiocy of removing the fire mode indicator, the ammo counter (so you have no idea how many grenades or magazines you have) etc.. It makes most long 7,62mm guns (G3A3, M240, M60 etc.) totally overpowered (3 hit's max to kill, can do it in 2 easily; other assault rifles and LMG's can at best can do it in 3 hits, but more usually do it in 4 and SMG's will need 5-6 hits to kill) and it's just a snipers playground, since they can't be spotted and can more or less always one shot kill you.

It's just poorly thought out and skewes the balance in weird ways, like jets and helos which can totally dominate on normal thanks to spotting become almost totally useless against infantry, engineers become rather worthless in infantry fighting because their guns loose stopping power so quickly, while support can become crazy powerful if you use bipods.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Buy Bad Compnay 2 :P

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ojmstr

@chaplainDMK: Sounds really unbalanced if that's the way hardcore mode works, more like amateur mode than hardcore mode if you ask me :p What i mean by amateur are people/players who thinks they can mod or fix things that really are not broken in the first place causing a really unbalanced and less fun and engaging gameplay. Best to play the game the way it was ment to be played to get the best experience. I wish the killcam and those annoying huds that pops up was off by default though that's probably my only gripe with BF.