Is it just me or are the Prince of Persia games hard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chocolate1325 (32494 posts) -

I decided to give Prince of Persia Sands of Time a playthrough but there was this one point in the game where I could just not progress because the enemies kept attacking me in waves and some of the puzzles were a bit of pain. Am I the only one who has experienced this or are the games pretty hard.

#2 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
the combat is the weakest part of the Sands of Time, but I feel everything else is great, especially the characters, enjoy them while you can, you'll never see the same prince or the same Farrah after the first sands of time game
#3 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
It's only hard during some combat parts, you can get easily surrounded and get your butt kicked. But the puzzles (apart from one, with the moon symbols or something like that) are fairly easy, so is the platforming.
#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16716 posts) -

The combat in the first sucks compared to the others, which makes it mroe artificially challenging. Aside from that no it's not a hard game. The last two are easier than the first because of the combat and the fact that the Sands of Time guage doesn't reset every time you get more sand.

#5 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
It wasn't that bad, and I'm the type who rage-quits easy. The hardest was the first time I had to wall jump back and forth multiple times. That took me forever. After like a million tries, I finally found my rhythm.
#6 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Nah,atleast not The Sands of Time.

#7 Posted by Seabas989 (10172 posts) -

The SOTs trilogy and the 2008 one aren't difficult. But they are great games.

#8 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

I think it's just you. I certainly didn't find The Sands of Time that hard at all. It was challenging, but not hard.

#9 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -
I used to struggle with the original on my Atari ST
#10 Posted by Apathetic_Prick (4784 posts) -

Having only played the original Prince of Persia on a monochrome Apple laptop and an NES and then Sands of Time...Sands of Time is nothing in comparison to the original in terms of difficulty.

I did find combat to be a pain because of the camera angles, though; sometimes the camera would just whip right around and reverse your controls in the middle of the fight or rotate to an area that prevents you from seeing yourself and stay locked there. That's really my only complaints with the game's difficulty, but it happened so often that I gave up on it.

#11 Posted by jsmoke03 (12841 posts) -

a bit frustrating but if i can beat it, anyone can. im not that good when it comes to difficult action games....so its passable

#12 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
The originals were wayyyyyyyyyy harder than the newer ones.
#13 Posted by Byshop (11324 posts) -

Echoing that the original games were WAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder.

-Byshop

#14 Posted by Megavideogamer (5361 posts) -

It is just the jumping mechanics and puzzles that can be a pain. They are platformers so the jumpy bits are going to be iffy at times. The first Playstation Prince of Persia had a horrid camera. But Death by Camera wasn't possible. Since you didn't actually die. All Prince of Persia games have the you have to patient with.

#15 Posted by judaspete (399 posts) -
Sands of Time gets pretty hard because of the sections with really long waves of enemies teleporting in all around you. Every game after that is much easier. Stick with it though. Sands of Time is my favorite one despite it's flawed combat.