Is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn a good game??

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

Thinking about picking up this game for the PS4 after reading some reviews on it. Not big on having to pay a subscription fee on top of already paying for PSN to play multiplayer but it looks like it could be a fun RPG game to play. For anyone who's played this, what's your take on the game? Also tried Elder Scrolls Online but the constant online lagging issues and some other issues with the game kept me from enjoying it.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Depends. If you can get into the really final fantasy Japanese anime style some of the characters look like then ya. The music is amazing, the gameplay is fun, and the world is large and very well crafted. It takes key ideas and concepts from all the best MMO's blends them, and adds it's own flair with the final fantasy lore at it's heart. I've played many MMO's from WoW, Guildwars 1 and 2, Runescape, conquer online, Aion etc.. and the pc version of FF a realm reborn is 100% the most polished and well put together MMO I have ever played.

Hell I'd recommend it on musical score alone. As with MMO's the music can make or break it. Because if it's not awe inspiring, captivating, or doesn't make you feel like each area has it's own personality then the game greatly suffers. This is not one of those. Each area has it's own feel and obvious personality simply from the music scores, the pretty graphics and awesome gameplay inspired by the best in the genre are just a plus in my books.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

it's a fantastic game, but I forced myself to quit because that's all I was playing. It's very easy to get into, you level very quickly and well, that's kind of the problem... Once you hit end game, it's grind after grind after grind.

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dark_rising76

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it this afternoon since Best Buy had a pre-owned copy for $4.99 versus a guy trying to sell it to me for $20 on Craigslist. I also read that I don't need the PSN to play FF XIV. Which is good because the only multiplayer game I was currently playing was Destiny and that game has gotten very repetitive for me lately. Had to take a break from it for awhile until Metal Gear Solid V comes out. That way, the only thing that I would have to worry about paying at the moment is the $13 subscription fee.

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dark_rising76

Went and got it yesterday, now just waiting for the long download and patch update.