Is final Fantasy IX worth a playthrough?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

macintosh336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 macintosh336
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
pulling out the old PS1 and want to get around to playing some games I have never played yet wondering if FFIX is worth my time if so, how would you rank the following ps1 games in order of which one i should play first FFIX FFVIII Legend of the Dragoons
denerictkm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 denerictkm
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I NEVER log on. Like, ever. I'm surprised I still remember my log in stuff (I've changed my e-mail twice since I made this account), but I had to log on to say YES. Yes, yes, a thousand times YES. Final Fantasy 9 is one of my favorite games of all time, and without a doubt my favorite Final Fantasy game.

As for what order to play those in, it's up to you. I've never played Legend of the Dragoon, but it looks very cool. Final Fantasy 8 is a very good game if you're able to get past the draw system.

Falru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Falru
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

Most definitely. One of the most refreshing Final Fantasy's out there, and my personal favorite. Seeing as you can get it off Amazon for less than $10 as well there's absolutely no reason not to give IX your 40 hours of gameplay (my first playthrough time)

MilkyRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MilkyRay
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Definately play it. It has a wizard-of-Oz feel to it, but it's a GREAT game... Play FF VIII after that and Dragoon last. They're all fantastic, but you accidentaly put them in the right order! :)

zarathustrax7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 zarathustrax7
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

Yes, yes, yes, yes! FF IX is one of the best games ever. Is like how the clasics meet with the era of Final Fantasy on the PSX. Do it, man. You won´t feel disapointed. Also, is the easiest Final Fantasy for me, so, try to find everything in the game so you will have a great experience.

macintosh336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 macintosh336
thanks guys. convinced me to pick up a copy also, if there are any other RPGs that you think are on par or better than FFIX please let me know!
BasilVZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#7 BasilVZero
Member since 2006 • 1971 Posts

One of the best Final Fantasy games ever made, you should really play it.

+Great Storyline
+Great Combat System
+Great Cast of Characters
+Great Art Style (imo)
+Great Music
+Great Environments

-On 4 discs which swapping is kind of a pain
-Art style might not be a popular thing for many
-Main villain isnt as developed or popular as other villains like Kefka/Sephiroth

Guerdonmyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Guerdonmyth
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
Played ff8 12 years ago and I thought it was awesome. There are only a few cutscenes and it's definately not overdone like ff10,12,13. There is a weird card game in ff8 aswell.
Avatar image for AusBlackMateria
AusBlackMateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AusBlackMateria

wondering if FFIX is worth my time if so, how would you rank the following ps1 games in order of which one i should play first FFIX FFVIII Legend of the Dragoons

macintosh336

Yes! FFIX is definitely worth playing.

I would play FFIX first and then then FFVIII. I can't say anything about Legend of the Dragoons as I've never played it.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
FFIX has a much better story than 7 or 8.
Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

Yes, it's worth playing!

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

You'll not regret playing it :P

Avatar image for kingWithNoCrown
kingWithNoCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingWithNoCrown
yea, it is worth a playthrough. it is better than final fantasy 7 & 8 if you ask me :]
shmedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 shmedo
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts
YES!! It's by far my favourite of the Final Fantasy games it's FANTASTIC!!!
bgna8980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bgna8980
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Most definately, Final Fantasy IX is my personal favorite and not just for its charms and story but also for its characters. It was the only Final Fantasy game that put so much emphasis on characters because of the Active Time Events. It also has so many interesting side quests, the game is just amazing and while Final Fantasy X brought me into the series IX out did it for me, it is even the original creator of Final Fantasy's favorite final fantasy game as this was his ideal depiction of final fantasy.

Final Fantasy VIII is actually my second favorite final fantasy game because of all the twists in the plot and the changes in the combat system. The plot itself is divided into two timeframes the past and the present. The way the story interfolds everything is just great, although some may argue there are plotholes, the story and game itself is well worthnoting. It also has a couple of cute love stories.

BLaverock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 BLaverock
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

One of my favorites out of the entire series, and perhaps one of the truest to the franchise. Many players disliked it after having played the more technological FF7 and FF8. But in actuality, FF IX was considered a return to Final Fantasy's roots.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts
I downloaded FF7, 8 and 9 from PS Store last year and have to say I found 9 to be by far the most enjoyable. I'd definiately reccomend it!
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts

One of my favorites out of the entire series, and perhaps one of the truest to the franchise. Many players disliked it after having played the more technological FF7 and FF8. But in actuality, FF IX was considered a return to Final Fantasy's roots.

BLaverock
Yeah, people who were not familier with FF's roots got on my nerves about dising on IX. It is one of my favorites. It feels like a fantasy game with it's own flavor. it is still surprising to me how easily (we) all get divided by our favorite Final Fantasy's. :)

To the OP: YES! Play it! Love it!