Is AC4 worth a purchase?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I just finished AC 2 and enjoyed it. As far as open world games go thought it gave a good mix of story, things to do and open world atmosphere. I liked it a lot better than GTA 5. The controls were pretty terrible and frustrating at times though. I'm assuming AC4 is better?

I have a ps4 and 360. I think these are the games i'm anticipating purchasing this year but none are jumping out at me as must buys either. Seems more like more a contnuation of the same in ways.

just not sure if spending money on AC4 is worth it over any of these titles..

Infamous

watch dogs

mlb the show

murdered soul suspect

destiny

Might substitute AC 4 over infamous I'm not sure?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

AC2 is better then AC4 in terms of story to me but Ac4 is the next best one especially because it has the next gen graphics. More side stuff to do also.

Hmm Ac4 or infamous tough call. No idea how Infamous will turn out but it looks like its going to be great. I got black flag but I can't miss out on Infamous second son.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Hell freaking yeah. Brotherhood is my favorite and AC IV is up there. I totally recomend it. My GOTY last year

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celtic_34

Also am I the only one who thought GTA 5 was completely overrated? Sure the world itself is huge and technically speaking and it's attention to detail is amazing but the game itself and characters are annoying and childish as hell. There really is nothing to do of interest outside of the main story. At least with assassin's creed you have likeable characters and progression and things to do outside of the story that actually matter somewhat.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

Also am I the only one who thought GTA 5 was completely overrated? Sure the world itself is huge and technically speaking and it's attention to detail is amazing but the game itself and characters are annoying and childish as hell. There really is nothing to do of interest outside of the main story. At least with assassin's creed you have likeable characters and progression and things to do outside of the story that actually matter somewhat.

True, but the sea battles are amazing aswell. Everything is just well done in that game and does not try too much and does what it is suppose to really well

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Celtic_34

Reason I ask is I'm here attempting to replay gta 5 holding off after I finished ac2 . I'm finding the same things wrong with it I thought before. It's not that good... There is nothing to do besides play the main story. I also just don't like the characters. At least AC gave that feeling of exploration. It's not oblivion or fallout which I thought was too much and too rpg but at least it has some progression and reasons to explore. GTA gives you this huge beautiful modern world which I like but it disappoints me every time I play it. Waiting for watchdogs to see what ubisoft can do with a modern world like that.

I guess I could wait for infamous but i'm thinking AC and ubisoft make the best open world games and I might as well stick with them. They aren't without their flaws. Typically the controls are wonky and ac2 was a pretty flawed game overall. I'm guessing ac4 is better though and more polished.

ACIV is on next gen too. ARghh. tough decision. If i get ACIV I'm probably going to pass on infamous.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

AC 4 is really good. It has lots of things to do and will keep you busy for quite some time.

kkviolet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kkviolet
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

i played both AC4 and AC2, and i totally agree AC2 is better than AC4, at least in my opinion....when i played AC4, at first it's really make me addicted to it, but when i played almost 3/4 of the game, i get bored of it. i just keeping doing the side quest like assassin contracts or naval forts......but if you like some game which happen on the sea and something like pirates theme, i think AC4 is a good choice. also, some weapons in AC4 is really awesome and fun! btw, i want to play watch dogs too!!!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

AC IV BLACK FLAG is a must-purchase IF you're a fan of pirates! u can't find such an exhilarating experience anywhere else ....being in the sea and getting involved in naval combats n finally boarding ships with awesome soundtracks in the background ...one of the most memorable moments of my gaming....

Generally Speaking, it's the best AC game after ACII (or ACB) n it does worth every penny....

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Yes if you are a fan of pirates and naval combat as opposed to actually being an assassin!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@I-AM-N00B said:

Yes if you are a fan of pirates and naval combat as opposed to actually being an assassin!

Literally it's not an AC game ....but the discussion is about purchasing the game or not!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I got all excited about Black Flag when the new consoles launched. And when Watch Dogs didn't make the launch, I picked it up with my PS4.

But once I had it, I barely played it. Not even because it was bad, it just got lost in the shuffle of other games I was more interested in. I never really cared much for the Assassin's Creed games so I'm not invested in the franchise or anything like that.

There are a few things in gaming that are usually pretty cool. Being a Ninja. Shooting a zombie in the face. Shooting a robot in the mechanical face. And, being a Pirate. AC4 is fun, but I've honestly barely put enough time in to recommend it to others. And if it came down to AC4 or InFamous, well I wouldn't need to flip a coin to decide. It'd be InFamous every time.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

as a guy who loved playing creed1 with no hud and found the creed2 handholding/dumbed-down features to bring the game down, i'm wondering if 4 has options to get rid of all the in-game clutter and idiot-guide?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Yes, absolutely. I'm playing on PS4. There's a great amount of variety to do. The protagonist is nice change, and James Kidd is the man. Pick it up, for sure. Adewale is a great right hand man, wish they included more of him.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#16 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

AC:IV is my favorite game I've played on the PS4. That being said I've preordered inFamous: SS and excited to play it.