IPs that ur sad over their current state

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i love sonic, but i havent played a good sonic game since sonic adventure 2 and that wasnt even too good. makes me sad seeing new sonic games getting crappy reviews and sonic not being a series of games that i can have the faith to purchase without seeing a review anymore.

also banjo kazooie cause its dead

how bout u guyz?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Assassin's Creed. Unity was a massive step backwards in terms of gameplay progression and story. And after the epicness that was Black Flag, I felt so disappointed. Here's hoping their next project is better

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

The Chrono series. We haven't had a new Chrono game since Chrono Cross on the first Playstation, that's waaaaaaay too long.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

Freedom Fighters. Not really sad abhout it since it only had one game, just upset there are not more of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

Sonic is the iconically saddest IP

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I really miss mega man, would love to see some new 2d mega man games

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I agree with all the above. I will add Thief - such a shame how the newest reboot came out

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Resident Evil - Resident Evil 4 was amazing and completely rejuventated the franchise, but after that, they started going too far in the action direction and stripping off all of the survival horror elements.

Sonic - Sonic Generations was good, but other than that, Sonic has been pathetic since the Genesis.

Super Monkey Ball - The GameCube games are some of my favorite games of all time, but the series has sucked since they started forcing motion controls and creating too many half-baked mini-games instead of focusing on tight analog stick controls and sticking to just a handful of well-developed mini-games.

Castlevania - I don't like the 3D style and I don't like the Metroidvania style. I want some new Castlevania games that are 2D, linear, and very challenging.

Zelda - I don't like the light-hearted, cartoony Zelda. I want another Zelda with a realistic look and a dark atmosphere.

Mario Kart (battle mode only) - Mario Kart is still great in the racing department, but I'm really disappointed over the state of battle mode in the last few games. Battle mode when done correctly like in Mario Kart 64 is one of the greatest multiplayer experiences, but Nintendo just keeps finding a way to screw it up nowadays. The lazy lack of effort that Nintendo put into the battle mode in Mario Kart 8 was very sad.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

All of Bioware's. The RPG element s in the RPG have just drop down to being some of the worse out there.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

I'm a bit sad that Sonic's gone different after Generations,he should've tagged Tails to take him back to the old gameplay experience,I also see that the King of Sorrow does not want to see Klonoa grow up wearing his old suspender outfit,it made him look like a rural villager..he should've wore that blue zip jacket bringing back the stories and other experiences like in Lunatea's Veil

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@i-rock-socks said:

IPs that ur sad over their current state

The some of the non-routables really get me down, like all 254 addresses in 192.168.0.1/24.

But seriously, Resident Evil has been sucking since 4 (although some individual titles suck less than others).

I guess "The Old Republic" games aren't what they used to be. I had fun with SWTOR but I would really prefer a KOTOR3.

-Byshop

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Resident Evil - the series that made me a PS gamer is pretty much a dumpster fire these days

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Sonic is pathetic, a truly poor show.

I second Freedom Fighters and will mention Psi-Ops; one iteration was not enough.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The MegaMan franchise hands down. Capcom has been a torrential shit show for some time now in general.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@starwolf474: I kinda disagree i want Castlevania to make a proper transition into 3d instead of just being stuck in the past..

Hitman its easily one of the best stealth game franchise ever made and is now turned into a nauseating linear modern cookiecutter cinematic garbage... UGH why?

and really i just find RE series more amusing than sad.. its a trainwreck of epic proportions... something so horrifying to look at but you just can't look away because its such an EPIC fail.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#16 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Sonic most definitely. Dang sonic boom was horse manure.

Devil may cry reboot was pretty bad.

And compared to how great final fantasy has been it is brutally pathetic now.

Resident Evil as well.

soul calibur too

Lost Planet. The first one was a very solid action title but two and three were just pain awful.

Dead Space (need I explain)

Crysis one was good but two and three just fell short.

Ninja Gaiden.... one and two were simply amazing but 3.... oh my word ninja gaiden three......

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  1. Thief (Reboot was heart breaking. Originals are greatest stealth games ever created. Is this how you do a justice to such a wonderful franchise? Looking Glass, I miss you :-( )
  2. Crysis (Yeah, turn that graphics powerhouse open world game into COD with great graphics. Yeah, because that's what industry really needed right now. Crytek have become a mediocre game company from being awesome)
  3. Resident Evil (Yet another franchise was ruined because of COD kids. When will COD die? It is cancer to game industry)
  4. Sonic (Poor Sonic. Will this franchise ever see a good entry again? )
  5. Splinter Cell (Conviction was garbage. Blacklist is a lot better but still not there. Why can't we get another Chaos Theory like game with Micheal Ironside? Lol, was it necessary to turn an aged, slow but experienced person (Sam Fisher) into a generic 6/10 Action Movie hero from Hollywood? And don't even talk about the plot. Childish at best)
  6. Hitman (Absolution was a good game and I enjoyed it but Gameplay was dumbed down. It reminded me of Splinter Cell Conviction. Hopefully next one will be more like Blood Money 2.0, otherwise I'll remember Absolution as the beginning of the end)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

the first one that comes to mind is Assassin's Creed

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

well @Cloud_imperium has already summed mine up very nicely - thief, crysis and splinter cell. but just to add my own two pence -

i went back to blacklist after seeing so many on this board sing its praises but the second time round i disliked it more than i did the first. generic, linear, simplistic and miles away from what splinter cell should have evolved into after chaos theory.

sp-wise the first crysis is one of the best shooters i've played. two was a step in the wrong direction, not least for them completely changing the storyline, but was decent enough in parts. a strong third game would have rescued the trilogy in my eyes but instead we got the terrible-in-all-but-the-visuals crysis 3.

and finally the thief reboot. alarm bells were ringing long before it released but when it did i still excitedly spent £45 on it. after the first two hours of playing a guy thieving off others i came away feeling like i was the one who had been robbed ;)