Infinite Undiscovery: The Final Unveiling, New Reviews

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Infinite Undiscovery is set for a September 2nd Release, A.K.A Next Tuesday

The Characters

Capell - The Flute Player

A flute player that is mistaken for Sigmund the Liberator and is imprisoned by the Order of Chains. Lacking the qualities of a hero, even his captors doubt his identity. Although he wants to remain uninvolved in the turbulent events surrounding him, it seems fate has something planned for this reluctant hero. Capell lacks a glyph, a symbol most humans have somewhere on their person, due to being born during a lunar eclipse and is considered bad luck because of it.

Laim - Hat Wearer

A young boy who is Faina's younger brother. Not much is known about either

Faina - Unknowner (Lol)

A teenage girl who knows Capell. Like Capell, the Japanese website lists her glyph as "unknown"

Sorenstam -Master Sorcerer

A green-haired man who wields magic. His ears appear to be pointed

Vika - Knife Wielder

A young boy with rather prominent freckles on his face. He is shown to wield knives.

Komachi- The Ninja

A beautiful female ninja who wields twin kodachi and uses magic. She is also shown to use giant versions of shurikens, similar to Yuffie Kisaragi of the Final Fantasy series, developed by Square Enix. She has a unusual hair**** in that instead of her hair being tied with a bow, she uses her hair in place of a bow.

Aya - An Archer

After Capell is tossed in prison, she rescues him, thinking that he is Sigmund the Liberator. However, after a short while she realizes Capell isn't Sigmund, but rather a minstrel who bears an uncanny resemblance to him. She has fought alongside Sigmund and fully places her trust in him.

Sigmund - A Knight

The Liberator for whom Capell is mistaken, the trailer suggests he is something of a role model to Capell ("When you find something to believe in, fight for it"). He is the only one capable of destroying the chains that bind the moon and is willing to do anything to unshackle it.

Eduardo - Warrior

Basic Info- Eduardo, age 17, is a swordsman who wields an unsurprising-but-still-ludicrous large sword, is also a member of the resistance. He looks up to Sigmund and always strives to do his best to earn his respect. Although he may seem cool and calm, his ideals sometimes cloud his actions.His anger can get the best of him and he is growing jealous of Sigmund's trust in Capell.

Eugene - Priest

A knowledgeable looking man, he uses a staff in battle. He is a friend of Sigmund and the heir to a wealthy merchant family. Though a kind man, he does have a dark side. It is unknown what is in the huge backpack he carries.

Touma - The Spy

A white-haired youth who wears a Japanese fox mask and wields a katana that appears to become a laser sword. He is a young aristocrat whose family has served the empress of Halgita for years. His family also controls an elite group of warrior spies called the Nightwhisper Guild. He is an old friend of Sigmund's and is one of the few people who knows his past. Though his actions are dignified and just, he is a tad naive.

Miruce/Michelle - Medic (Come to Papa)

A seductive looking woman who uses books to cast spells and is a healer. She appears to know Capell, and may possibly be his sister, judging by Japanese dialogue from the site. She is an avid fan of tea and always has a kettle and cup ready. Her Japanese name is Mirche

The Twins -Lucca and Locca, age 10, are fraternal twins from the town of Montana. Lucca, the brother is the beast tamer and Locca, the sister, is the summoner. These fun-loving kids stick together wherever they go and make a lot of seemingly cynical remarks.

Roka - Summoner

Luca - Beast Summoner

Balbagan - Berserker

A large man who wields a battle axe, he accompanies the liberation army to have a rematch with Sigmund, whom to he once lost in a duel. He is a rather simple-minded man, often leaving the thinking to others and spends his time napping or eating. He is the oldest of the party at thirty-five.

Sarande -Seductress (I know, but it sounds like a real word)

A seductive, red-haired woman who wears a elaborate dress the same color as her hair. She is shown to be an ally of Leonid's and wields a blood-red chain-whip

Gustav - Bear Companion

A giant red bear with a single horn growing from his forehead. He is actually Aya's pet who she has kept for years. He believes Aya to be his mother and protects her fervently, which prevents him from getting along with other members of the army (especially Capell). Judging from trailers, Capell can ride on Gustav's back

Leonid - Your Typical Antagonist

The man who has enslaved the moon with chains, he is seen as an antagonist. He is known as the Dreadknight and created the Order of Chains.

Reviews

- IGN (7.1)

- 1up (B)

- Gamesradar (7.0)

- Gamepro (6.0)

Images (Ordered From Newest to Oldest)

- Neogaf's collection of new artwork and images

- Worthplaying 25 New Screens

- Eurogamer Screenshot Update

- Worthplaying Screen/Achievement Update

- 30 Images From SpongyChicken

- Gamersyde's Images

- Gamesyde's Slightly Older Images

- Famitsu's First Scans

Videos

- Latest GameTrailer (Famitsu, If Forbidden Just Click Enter Again)

- 2nd Latest Game Trailer

- G4TV's Video Preivew

- Gametrailer's Video Preview

- Orge Battle Gameplay

- We Will Crush Them Gameplay

- IGN's Direct Feed Videos

- First Trailer

- JP Demo Video

Previews

- IGN's Preview

- Gamesradar Preview

- RPGamer's Preview

- Gamespot E3 2008 Hands-On Impressions

- 1up Interview

- IGN's E3 Hands-On

- Edge Preview

- Gamespy Producer Interview

Official Site (Visit to Check Out The Amazing Score)

Official Boxart

Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

Hajime Kojima: Particularly in Japan, the PlayStation 3 installed base is larger, but a lot of the people who have 360s are core gamers, and a lot of core gamers play tri-Ace games. While I can't say that I'm not at all worried, I'm confident that the core gamers will pick up the game. I'm not worried in America, because there's such a great installed base for the 360 there.

Exactly. The Xbox 360 is proving itself as a console for core gamers, even in Japan. And now that Square Enix has signed on to make exclusive new IP for the system, I don't see why they dont see fit to bring their other established series to the console as well. Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy... the list could stretch quite well.

That said, Infinite Undiscovery is looking ok. A little cliched at the moment, but the ideas are there for something good. The Tri-Ace titles are generally excellent and the seamless battle system with true environment interaction across the world map is an excellent addition - it's about time that happened.

I'm reserving judgement for now - but so far this is interesting enough for me to track...

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
When reading about the battle system, FF12 came to mind (no ramdom encounters, no separate battlescreen, AI controlled companions) which is a good thing. I have by no means played all of Tri-Ace's games (never played a Star Ocean) but I really love the Valkyrie Profile games. IU is a game I am really optimistic about.
morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
I absolutely loved Star Ocean 3's battle system. If IU's battle system is in any way similar..awesome.
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I hate the title, but the game looks like a good time.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HiResDes

Some of My Favorite Images:

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Tri-Ace games have always been solid and worth playing in many ways. The only one I didn't really like was Star Ocean 3, but their other games have been fun.

IU seems like it's worth checking out.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Kickass thread here. I have this game on my sights for a couple weeks now. I'm getting it as soon as I find it on the wild around here.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Yeah I was hoping to find someone who has played the Star Ocean games to maybe shed some light on how exactly we should expect Infinite Undiscovery to play.HiResDes
Based on what I've read about IU in this thread, IU doesn't seem like it's going to play like Star Ocean at all. The only similarity between IU and SO is real-time combat. Maybe the characters in IU will get different battle skills and have unique strengths and weaknesses similar to how playable characters are done in every other tri-Ace game.
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

This RPG is looking more and more impressive as the news keeps rolling in. I can't wait for this game.

It looks like RPG of the year might be really hectic this year. So far we got Lost Odyssey, The World Ends With You, and Persona 3: FES. Later this year we'll see/might see Mass Effect (PC), Fallout 3, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fanatsy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift, Last Remnant, White Knight Story, Infinite Undiscovery, and various other RPG's, both western and Japanese.

SirFrosty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SirFrosty
Member since 2006 • 610 Posts
I hadn't seen much about this game until now O.o It looks freakin' amazing! *is so glad he has a 360* I love Square's games, and it looks like this one won't be much different...Now, Frosty wants a release date! lol
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts
Thanks for teh update - the game does look rather good. I'll definitely look out for it. But I doubt it's coming this year.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
:o

This thread is beautiful. I really like how ambitious this title is, and I hope it all comes to fruition. My one hang up I have with the art style is similar to my feelings with both Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata. While I plan on owning and playing both in the future, I wish the character models seemed older. That's why Lost Odyssey is currently my favorite RPG this gen.

I'm still pumped for this game. Good work, TC.

Side note: Do we have a release date or an estimate yet for NA/Europe?

leilamayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 leilamayhem
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
I want it! When can we buy it?
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HiResDes

Couldn't Fit All I Had Into One Post

Everything We Know (Info Collection, Many Sources)

Basic Info

- Undiscovery is obviously a word we've created. The meaning is involved with the concepts of the game, which are discovery and impact. Over the course of the game players will discover many things that are hidden, and those things will have an impact on the development of the game and how things go. There's basically an infinite number of undiscovered things in the world, so Infinite Undiscovery.

- It's a collaborative effort between Square Enix and tri-Ace, and its our first endeavour on the next generation. The genre for the game is action RPG. It's similar to the games tri-Ace has put out thus far in having action battles, and that action has been brought to the forefront even more this time around.

- It is a Square Enix RPG at heart, and though it does tow the line, if it did involve those reflex elements, it would just become an action game, and we want to maintain the fun of an RPG.

- IGN learned for a second time at TGS this year that a game coming to Xbox 360 would require multiple discs. This time around, it's Infinite Undiscovery. The two game makers couldn't say exactly how many discs the game would require as it is still in the middle of production, but they were certain that it wouldn't fit on a single DVD. They also weren't sure how long the game would last, but estimated 30-40 hours.

- The game offers a variety of situations that unfold in a world that changes in real time and players' choices determine unknown discoveries waiting for them. The game's advanced technology and Xbox 360's muscle will offer gamers an ultimate fantasy world overflowing with realism and true role playing within a grand story.

- The offline game supports single player but it will be compatible with Xbox Live. After making RPGs on the PS2, we really wanted to do something on a system with higher performance. If you're talking about XBox Live, we plan to somehow involve it in the development, but as to the specific contents, I can't really speak to that right now.

Developer Background

- The director, Hiroshi Ogawa, was the main planner on Star Ocean 3, and he was also involved in Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile.

-The producer, Hajime Kojima, has been involved in everything since Star Ocean 3, which includes Radiata Stories, Valkyrie Profile 2, and this game, Infinite Undiscovery.

-The composer is Motoi Sakuraba, who has composed for all the tri-Ace games to date. I can't disclose the character designer at this time.

Gameplay

- When you explore the world when it's sunny, you will be able to see enemies a mile away and vice versa. But once you explore the world at night, their vision decreases - and a mini-map in the upper corner of the screen will indicate just how far they can see. You can try and sneak, but beware, vision isn't the only way for monsters to detect you - sound and smell, too.

- Director Hiroshi Ogawa gives an example of smell in the game: When you are running from a hunting dog, you can distract him by dropping apples from the trees, however, the guards might catch you by hearing the apples fall.

- The game will also provide a truly seamless transition to battles. "It's possible that when you think you've finished a battle, there'll already be an enemy approaching you right before your eyes." The one screenshot released to Famitsu shows a party of characters facing off against an enemy, with an additional foe seeming to approach from the side.

- Ogawa spoke first at a high level. "We're developing this game with the key words of Discovery and Impact," he said. "The image is that of 'feeling gameplay' that surrounds the various discoveries you make on the game field. In a world created through AI from the senses of sight, sound and smell, you make a discovery, and an by taking action based on that, you create a result with impact."

- One key element in the gameplay is the AI of the party members, which has been really been taken to a level where it almost feels as if they're people. So you can control the lead character, Capel, and the AI of the other characters in your party almost makes it feel like a multiplayer experience. It wouldn't have been possible on the earlier hardware, but this time around we've been able to make an AI that is so close to a human. Discovery really bridges all over the game. At the most basic level, discovering the enemy ahead of time will give you an advantage in battle. If you discover a sign that a tsunami is going to occur, you can react to that

Battle System

- Sometime in gaming history, an imaginary divide formed between Japanese RPGs (JRPG) and computer RPGs (CRPG). JRPGs became known for random encounter, turn-based battles, whereas RPGs typically developed for the PC by North American companies became known for a more real-time convention. Each developed its own following, as the former cherished the more strategic gameplay, while the latter embraced a more frenetic action-oriented experience. Those stereotypical delineations, however, have blurred with Square Enix's Infinite Undiscovery, which not only does away with random battles, but adds richer real-time combat elements such as character sensitivity to sight and sound.

- The actual battle controls are somewhat similar to Star Ocean 3. But the major difference is that whereas, say, in previous games, the field and battle situations had been separated, this game moves seamlessly in the encounter from field into battle. Movement and battle are seamlessly integrated in real-time, so while in battle you'll see huge things in the field -- large monsters, and large tsunamis that affect the situation and how battle plays out. One of the key elements is the overwhelming sense of things in the background that come to affect those in the foreground. As for villages and towns versus the outside world, there is a bit of loading there. The size of the fields will be much larger than Star Ocean 3, though, so there won't be loading so much, just in very few places

- Square Enix has again integrated a more action-inspired approach, allowing players to chain combos, lift enemies into the air, take on multiple mobs at once, or coordinate attacks with other members of your party. The environment is also more interactive than typical RPGs, featuring destructible cover. For example, you can shield yourself from a fire-breathing dragon by hiding behind a pillar--only to see the stones crumble from the fiery blast. The environment no longer serves as simple 3D eye candy, and you can even shoot at explosive--you guessed it--barrels to obliterate nearby evildoers.

- The game makes use of a new "Situation Battle" system. This system involves gameplay situations changing in real time, and players having to take appropriate actions. As an example, Ogawa showed a screenshot of your party attempting to escape from a prison. A giant ogre appears on the scene and wreaks havoc on allies and enemies alike.By fulfilling certain situational conditions, players will be rewarded with bonuses, which provide replay value for a variety of scenarios.

- The developers at tri-Ace take the real-time mechanic a step further by introducing stealth elements to the experience. Players are not only encouraged to use their twitch-action reflexes, but also sight and sound to get an edge on the enemy. Dark rooms and corridors, for example, will not only prevent you from locking onto opponents, but also penalize your ranged accuracy when attempting to shoot. Brighter areas conversely make it easier for players to hit their target, and the mini-map in the upper right corner makes exploration less arduous. In addition to ranged penalties, darkness also allows you to sneak up to opponents and initiate surprise attacks--but beware, monsters can also hear footsteps, so tread lightly.

- The battle system runs in real time, so the clock keeps on ticking even when you've opened up a menu. Typical of a Tri-ace game, the battles are action-oriented.

- Since Infinite Undiscovery is a real-time game, you won't be able to control every party member at once. The group can number up to four on the battlefield at a time, and you'll be able to swap characters in and out of that party from a larger pool of companions, but you'll only actively control the main character. The AI approach is something that's simple and easy to change on the fly. This is different from the other games where you go into your pause menu and have to stop there. The time spent preparing for battle is very important, so that once you get into battle, the things you need to change on the fly are easy to accomplish.

- If you've played tri-Ace's past games such as Radiata Stories or Star Ocean: Til the End of Time, then you know that the company prefers to keep its RPGs on the action side of the spectrum. Infinite Undiscovery stays on the same path, but with one important distinction - this time around there won't be a separate battle screen. All of the real-time action happens without a seam. That may seem like a no-brainer, but this is a pretty big step for a JRPG. Even with the world as your battlefield, though, the game will still control similarly to Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. However, you'll have to be on the lookout for obstacles coming from all angles that can affect the battles. Natural phenomenon such as a tsunami was one of the examples we were given, though the other (traps) seems much more likely to be a regular occurrence in the game.

Weapons/Magic/Upgrades

- It's pretty traditional in defeating enemies and earning experience and learning magic as you go. You gain weapons and magic dropped by enemies and found in treasure chests. Of course, that by itself would be pretty boring, so there are certain things you can add to weapons and combine with magic that affect the play. I can't really go into specifics right now, though.

- GameSpy: Does the appearance of each character change based on the gear they equip?
Hiroshi Ogawa: Not so much their bodily appearance, but the weapon will change.

The Environment

- There's a large focus on the moon in the worldview of the game. People derive power from the moon, and that's how the world comes to prosper. After that, the moon is bound in chains, which is where the story begins, and the power of the moon is lost to the people. The tsunamis are linked to the proximity of the moon, and, as the people derive their power from the moon, it has an effect on them as well, so the environment does come to affect the world in many ways.

Story

- You play as Capelle, a young traveller who looks like the legendary hero Sigmund. He's actually mistaken for Sigmund and taken prisoner by officials. He ends up being saved by Aya, a member of a rebellion army who travels alongside the real Sigmund. Apparently, she has also confused Capelle for the hero.He joins the Liberation Army, which is trying to save the world from the Order of Chains. "Wait what the hell is the Order of Chains?" a group led by Leonid, hell bent on... destroying the world.

- The story we know so far is this: The moon provides power to the people on the planet of Infinite Undiscovery. A dark force has bound the moon in chains to take its power and so the world loses the light. A hero rises up who wants to cut the chains, free the people, and vanquish the darkness. You don't play as that hero.

- The main character is actually a guy who looks just like the hero. The peculiarities aren't just of the visual nature either. This guy has something special about him. That special thing is one of the discoveries that he makes along the journey that motivates him to fight. The other motivation we were given is that he meets a heroine who changes his life. How romantic. Anyway, the look-alike eventually fights alongside the hero himself.

- Where the troupe goes and how they defeat the evil that has chained up the moon remains to be seen. Given the development studio behind the game, one could probably assume that Infinite Undiscovery will have multiple endings. However, the Producer and Director could not confirm that to us. Whether it will have a branching story has not yet been decided.

- The music is being done by the same composer as Star Ocean 3, though the ****will be less futuristic and more orchestral so as to fit in with the setting which will apparently be decidedly less futuristic.

- Most of the cut scenes are in real-time.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SteelAttack

Edit: I noticed that the one certain pic is gone now, was it too suggestive, as it kinda looked like the guy was touching her happy pair :lol:HiResDes

Nope. I can still see it. Happy!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

No, not that I know of, but I think we will be finding out within the next week or so.

Edit: I noticed that the one certain pic is gone now, was it too suggestive, as it kinda looked like the guy was touching her happy pair :lol:

Edit 2: Oh its back now, must be this crappy safari browser.

HiResDes
Nuts. I kind of want this in the very near future. I think the battle system sounds solid, and I like how much time they're putting into the more subtle aspects of the game.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Excellent thread Hi_Res.

I love how the game is looking and from the written info it is sounding pretty awesome, can't wait to get this game. I've always really enjoyed the Tri-Ace games and this one should be no exception. We're getting into quite a roll of RPG goodness coming out or soon to be coming out with games like Lost Odyssey and Persona 3: FES. I never played the initial Persona 3 but heard it was pretty awesome so I just picked up FES and am really looking forwar to playing it. I am also really looking forward to Last Remnant.

The name Infinite Undiscovery seemed really goofy at first but hearing him explain it makes more sense and sounds kind of fitting.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of things they do to give this game an online presence.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
Weird title. Is this game about creationists or something?
micki_free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 micki_free
Member since 2008 • 294 Posts

My most anticipated console RPG. Looks and sounds amazing

May be reason enough for me to buy a 360

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HiResDes

My most anticipated console RPG. Looks and sounds amazing

May be reason enough for me to buy a 360

micki_free

you have the coolest avatar I've ever seen, Micki Free is as cool as the other side of the pillow, the only thing cooler would be a Morris Day avatar.

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

Ugh.........hardcore JRPG cliches are back with a vengeance.:( But its not like I've haven't been willing to overlook lame stories and casts of characters for strong gameplay in the past.

While Tri-Ace has a track record of good games, something just doesn't seem right with these guys. They just haven't been able to put together the complete package together before save for the first Valkyrie Profile. When I think of some of the sheer horrors they have unleashed such as VP2's near incoherent plot and all aspects of Star Ocean 3 (lame characters, terrible soundtrack, barely serviceable gameplay, laughably poor overall production values) I already start to approach ID with cautious optimism.

Other than the usual under smoking age heroes, the gameplay looks interesting enough. Hopefully Tri-Ace doesn't **** this one up.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

New Trailer, OMG!

The score sounds fantastic, and the graphics/artstisle are shaping up extremely nicely

HiResDes

Sweet. Thanks for the update. I'll definately have to check this out.

This game is high on my wishlist and I can't wait to get it. Being a big fan of JRPGs I really love how the 360 is building up a pretty solid library of them.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
The game is coming out September 2nd according to GAF. It looks very good. I'm settling in for a long summer of JRPGs, starting with Persona 3 FES. I think MGS4 is the only non-JRPG I plan on playing for the foreseeable future. I am hoping this game is good. I haven't been too noisy about it, but I was actually very disappointed with Lost Odyssey. It had fantastic production values and a really great story, I just got to a point in the game where I didn't want to go any further due to the random battles, I had the same issues going back to play FFX here a while back. I'm hoping I can get past that and enjoy these games, because for me, nothing beats a good JRPG.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
wow kid heroes? HOW ORIGINAL. god SE get over that crap already. i'll be checking out the demo of this (if there isnt one i probably wont touch it) and hoping for the best, but im too skeptical to get excited about an RPG on the 360...or actually in general these days. come to thiink of it, i think my days of hype are over! :o
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HiResDes

The game is coming out September 2nd according to GAF. It looks very good. I'm settling in for a long summer of JRPGs, starting with Persona 3 FES. I think MGS4 is the only non-JRPG I plan on playing for the foreseeable future. I am hoping this game is good. I haven't been too noisy about it, but I was actually very disappointed with Lost Odyssey. It had fantastic production values and a really great story, I just got to a point in the game where I didn't want to go any further due to the random battles, I had the same issues going back to play FFX here a while back. I'm hoping I can get past that and enjoy these games, because for me, nothing beats a good JRPG.rragnaar

Well at least you won't have to worry about random battles, as you can see each enemy approaching in the foreground, though whether or not you can avoid these battles has not yet been revealed.

ineedanap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ineedanap
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
Looks great, I'll be sure to pick this baby up some time soon.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HiResDes

Looks great, I'll be sure to pick this baby up some time soon.ineedanap

Mods Don't Lock I'll UnOfficialize This Baby

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rragnaar
Looking good man. That video from earlier today was phenomenal. I hate that I have to see these things without sound while I'm at work. In any case, I'm hoping I can afford to pick this up towards the end of the week.(I have $3 to my name until payday...:cry: )
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
Everything i've seen from this game looks promising. The only downside is that with the release date being so close and no one talking about it, it leads me to believe the game won't be worth the time.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HiResDes

Everything i've seen from this game looks promising. The only downside is that with the release date being so close and no one talking about it, it leads me to believe the game won't be worth the time.Solid_Snake_7

So you calling me a nobody

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SteelAttack

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake_7"]Everything i've seen from this game looks promising. The only downside is that with the release date being so close and no one talking about it, it leads me to believe the game won't be worth the time.HiResDes

:lol: So awesome.

Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Solid_Snake_7

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake_7"]Everything i've seen from this game looks promising. The only downside is that with the release date being so close and no one talking about it, it leads me to believe the game won't be worth the time.HiResDes

ROFL...i meant, hmm, gaming journalists...i think... :P
morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
There was a video from earlier today?
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HiResDes

There was a video from earlier today?morph_basic

yeah but apparently it was about a week or two old, it is the first link under videos on the first page.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rragnaar

IGN's review is in... ouch.:(

You probably shouldn't judge a game by its title, but in all honestly, Infinite Undiscovery tells you everything you need to know. It only half makes sense -- and only when you squint your brain. That is the design approach in a nutshell. Some of the choices tri-Ace made don't make a whole lot of sense, but you can certainly play through some of the gaffes. This isn't a game marred with horrendous bugs or unplayable combat. And it's not boring. It's just misguided. The story is intriguing enough that RPG fanatics should at least give this a rental. Considering it's on the short side for a Square-Enix RPG, you shouldn't have trouble beating it in a week.

IGN

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HiResDes

IGN's review is in... ouch.:(

[QUOTE="IGN"]

You probably shouldn't judge a game by its title, but in all honestly, Infinite Undiscovery tells you everything you need to know. It only half makes sense -- and only when you squint your brain. That is the design approach in a nutshell. Some of the choices tri-Ace made don't make a whole lot of sense, but you can certainly play through some of the gaffes. This isn't a game marred with horrendous bugs or unplayable combat. And it's not boring. It's just misguided. The story is intriguing enough that RPG fanatics should at least give this a rental. Considering it's on the short side for a Square-Enix RPG, you shouldn't have trouble beating it in a week.

rragnaar

NOOOO!!!!!!!

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HiResDes
On second thought after reading the review, this is exactly what I needed a shorter rpg to hold me over with fun combat and an intriguing story...I think IGN's 7.1 doesn't really match the overall feel I got from the text, or maybe I'm just in denial about a game that I thought had a lot of potential.
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Solid_Snake_7
Uh-oh. Not looking good at all.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#45 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
I'm getting this game no matter what the reviews score it! And a 7.1 is still good so worth it to me.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Is a shorter RPG such a bad thing? I invest so much time in long RPGs that I wouldn't mind playing a shorter one.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

First off, this thread is awesome, Des.

Second of all, screw the 7.1. :P I want to hear what you guys have to say about the game.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rragnaar
In the end it is just one review anyway, if the other reviews back it up, then I'll be concerned. IGN has been wrong before.
fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
I hate games that the caracters look like plastic.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HiResDes

First off, this thread is awesome, Des.

Second of all, screw the 7.1. :P I want to hear what you guys have to say about the game.

Dutch_Mix

Well I know for sure I'm at least renting the game, and I might in fact be buying because I'd feel bad not supporting it and from what I've heard it is still fun...Tales of Vesperia's artstyle just doesn't quite do it for me, and i think I like the characters of this game much better, even if there are too many of them.