In yor opinion. Is it more fun to play games on arcades or home consoles

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll In yor opinion. Is it more fun to play games on arcades or home consoles (27 votes)

Home consoles 56%
Arcades 22%
Both are equally fun 22%

I will say both. Though playing a game on an arcade makes it feel like if you're actually on the game. While on home consoles they add more features.

Games that were released on both

The Cruis'n games

Cars 2

NFL Blitz

Much much more

I think also Outrun

Yeah is weird though cause some people say is fun to play games on arcades. Probably cause gameplay is a little more enhanced I guess

• 
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Arcades are Noisy...... but the opportunity for Local Multiplayer is pretty much guarenteed......

But nothing beats playing at home....... you can just take your pants off and really get comfortable.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: true true and I voted "Home consoles" without noticing

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56016 Posts

Going to the Arcades back in the early 90s growing up was really fun with my friends going to arcades after school was the coolest thing on the block but then all of a sudden, Nintendo came out with there new console SNES. My parents got me my first Nintendo console, I was playing the hell out of it, I stop going to arcades. Home Consoles is were it's at so I don't need to fork over quarters when I can play the home console for free whatever/whenever I want.

Edit: I still love Mortal Kombat arcade and that was the only arcade game I love the most.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Both are equally fun as it depends on my mood, the setting, the game, the people around/with you, etc. I've had awesome times playing games with friends and randoms in arcades. I've also had awesome times playing games at home locally with friends and online with friends and randoms.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucianocasanova

@Archangel3371: kinda right

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Both are equally fun, it's been decades since I've been to an arcade but I have great memories about them.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I remember when I was younger. My friend Brady and I would save up for a $10 roll of quarters and head over to Thompson's Cafe. We would pump so many quarters into games like Mortal Kombat or my personal favorite Pit-Fighter. I cherish those times, but honestly, I love just popping in a game, sitting in my comfortable chair, and gaming away!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Home consoles for me

Stereodant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stereodant
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

Arcades do add a certain type of atmosphere that can't be recreated with consoles generally, but I'd say it's just a novelty for the most part and would choose the latter after an hour or so.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I think that both work equally, but it's primarily based upon location and atmosphere. I myself actually own an original Ms. Pac Man arcade game and I still boot it up from time to time, despite me having to occasionally pay for repairs for it. Arcade games are good for dated and quick play, but, much like Pac Man, I never really get too far into them, a design that many classic arcade devs inevitably realized when designing their games, likely knowing that games that required constant insertion of coins didn't have much attention for long periods of time, as people would run out of money. Excluding that, there's the fact that modern games aren't made or really optimized fro the massive arcade machines of the 80s and 90s, though, as I said, with the right environment or mood, they can still be a blast to play

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#11 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Never cared for arcade games in general. And I guess I'm too young to have ever really appreciated playing on an actual arcade.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

It really depends on the type of game. For fighting games, arcades were the best.

-Byshop

Refresh220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Refresh220
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

I prefer to play on home consoles.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Back when there was arcades that is where I did at lot of gaming. So coin op arcades were more fun back in the day.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Home consoles for sure.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Consoles. There's something to be said for playing a game in its original form, but consoles are way more convenient. Plus with most console games, you buy them and boom, that's all. One time thing. That's the way it used to be, at least.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Home Consoles hands down

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

an arcade can be fun if it's shooters or racers,but I have difficulty with certain machines,home consoles are fun too,but I don't like a certain hc also,and just to let you know..I made a rough comparison for both arcade and home consoles.

ArcadeHome Console
publicprivate (public for events outside home)
not portableportable
requires huge amount of energyrequires an average to high amount of energy
extremely difficult to maintaineasy to difficult maintenance
pioneer in motion capture*follower in motion capture*
one game for each machinemore than one type of game playable in a single machine
it pays to play a sessionobviously pay first,then play all you want
requires large amounts of spacerequires little space
exclusively found in arcade facilities,or amusement side of the mallself explanatory
peripherals includedperipherals included and extras sold separately
controllers are strapped and plugged to the machine at all timescontrollers are strapped and plugged to the machine at your own will
no fuss multiplayerlittle to big fuss multiplayer
changes in progress(high scores) made without notice(overwritten by a stranger)changes in progress made with notice(overwrite at your own risk)
doesn't save your progressprogress saved at will
no external saving devices (you can if you record it with a camera)external(internal as of now) saving devices used (extras sold separately)
certain machines give you prizes directlyprizes given during events involving the console
gives you tickets for additional prize in exchange at the gift exchange.........

it's hardly accurate as I don't go to arcades as often as I used to back then.

*=I might get this wrong too,

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Playing in an arcade and owning an arcade machine are two different experiences.

I would choose to play on a home console because I feel I can enjoy the game better. Playing in an arcade is noisy, the quality of the screen is not always good, and sometimes sharing space with some people (who like to hover over your shoulder) is less-than-pleasant. I would think owning an arcade machine and playing it at home is a better gaming experience, although, part of the fun of Street Fighter was pulling off a good move and hearing the reaction of the people watching.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lucianocasanova

@doozie78: what about arcades?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

in Puerto Rico there used to be an Arcade/Bar/Pub called Bierdcade which had a ton of machines with both old and new games and even some consoles, and the best part is that it was all free! Everything from Ninja Turtles to SFIV, Mario Bros, etc. and it was glorious. Music was varied, so everything from dubstep to rock, hip hop, trance and sometimes even a local band would play live and weekly tournaments of fighting games too. Getting drunk there with some friends was an experience.

A few months ago it was shut down because the capital of San Juan did not want to renovate them some permissions and I feel very sad that a place so cool could exist in this tiny island but is now gone.

I miss it sooooooo much....

Loading Video...