Important Gaming Console Storage Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (926 posts) -

Many of you have entertainment set ups or stands. My question is this. If you're a retro gamer and you still like to play your old systems (Yes I play on HDTV because my new smart tv does in fact make it look good and not glitchy and unproportioned), then where do you store your extra systems if you've ran out of room on your tv stand or entertainment center? I saw some customer built vertical cabinets that looked like great ideas, but why don't I see any of these for sale? Do you simply just have to stop buying video game systems or store systems away when you get new ones? I've been losing sleep over this to be honest. The Atlantic Video Game storage only stores 3 systems. Not enough for me.

Check out this http://talkgoods.com/awesome-video-game-cabinet-for-the-avid-gamer/

I really need something like that. Why don't they sell extra storage space for consoles? I don't get it. Atlantic Video Game rack only has like 3 spots, it's not enough. I don't want my consoles on my floor, I need to get organized. Is there a store that sells something like that? It's amazing how in the world of gaming, nobody is talking about this. I don't get it.

#2 Edited by stuff238 (618 posts) -

Just google "video game shelf for consoles". Plenty of options available.

Or just go to walmart and get a really tall shelf and modify it your self. It is super easy to attach hooks for your controllers on the side. I should not have to explain how to do that. They just screw in lol.

If you want the wood pieces in the middle for the consoles.....then buy small wood pieces and put them in the middle lol. You can just screw them in yourself or glue them.

EDIT: Or just buy one of these 9 cube shelves..... http://www.walmart.com/ip/ClosetMaid-Cubeicals-9-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/22301288

#3 Edited by MDK12345 (926 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

Just google "video game shelf for consoles". Plenty of options available.

Or just go to walmart and get a really tall shelf and modify it your self. It is super easy to attach hooks for your controllers on the side. I should not have to explain how to do that. They just screw in lol.

If you want the wood pieces in the middle for the consoles.....then buy small wood pieces and put them in the middle lol. You can just screw them in yourself or glue them.

EDIT: Or just buy one of these 9 cube shelves..... http://www.walmart.com/ip/ClosetMaid-Cubeicals-9-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/22301288

Stuff238, The Walmart one has potential except they messed it up for not leaving them ''open.'' I need open shelves, and half of those are closed and there is no way to store systems and it's cords if they are closed. Thanks though.

But I have googled ''video game shelf for consoles'' for days and haven't really seen anything that makes sense. I really just want one like the one in the pic, a vertical one. Or the walmart one would work if only it were open.

#4 Posted by MDK12345 (926 posts) -

Been searching for 4 more hours online and am still not sure what to do