I'm into RPGs. PSP or Nintendo's DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Testoster0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Testoster0wn
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
As the title implies, I'm looking for RPGs (or games that will easily last a long time). I was going to pick up either a PSP or a Nintendo DS. Which is more RPG-oriented?
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

I'm really into RPG's and I'm about to have both.

PSP for bigger titles. (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, or Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

DS for just plenty of smaller but still fun titles. (Fire Emblem DS, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days(358 over 2), Dragon Quest IX, or Tales of Innocence) That and the countless remakes for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy being spewed forth from SE. :P

Testoster0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Testoster0wn

Well I was hoping to stock up on some RPGs that will last me a while. When I thought of the DS, titles that popped up were Final Fantasy III, Final fantasy IV and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass.

But wait 'a minute, I've seen older games taken to the PSP, and I don't understand it. For instance, I just youtubed "Final Fantasy VII PSP" and saw somebody playing Final Fantasy VII on the PSP. But clearly they didn't get that in the stores. How is that done, and is it easy to do? Thanks :)

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

Well I was hoping to stock up on some RPGs that will last me a while. When I thought of the DS, titles that popped up were Final Fantasy III, Final fantasy IV and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass.

But wait 'a minute, I've seen older games taken to the PSP, and I don't understand it. For instance, I just youtubed "Final Fantasy VII PSP" and saw somebody playing Final Fantasy VII on the PSP. But clearly they didn't get that in the stores. How is that done, and is it easy to do? Thanks :)

Testoster0wn

what you're asking for is illegal

Testoster0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Testoster0wn
[QUOTE="Testoster0wn"]

bugsonglass

what you're asking for is illegal

Not if I have the acutal game it isn't. Emulators aren't illegal if you own the cartridge / etc. I have a Playstation 2 and Final Fantasy VII...I just thought it'd be sweet to play FF7 on the road. But I didn't know what he was doing was illegal, thanks for letting me know.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

Dragon Quest IV

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest VI

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest Joker

Tales of Innocence

Archaic Sealed Heat

Fire Emblem DS

arithmetic2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arithmetic2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I love psp
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Both handhelds have great selections of RPG's. If you are interested in any big way you're probably going to have to get both or miss out on some.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

IMO neither system is all that great for RPG's. The potential is there for the future on DS but right now not so much. Phantom Hourglass is definitely not an RPG, though it is a great handheld Zelda game. PSP has more traditional RPG's but they're mostly derivative and forgettable fluff or PS1 remakes. I'd say Final Fantasy Tactics is the best of the lot for PSP.

As far as FFVII on PSP, that's probably done through a cracked machine and loading the content onto a memory stick. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do and requires quite a large memory stick, which can get expensive.