If you could only have one gaming console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
What would it be? What is your ideal go-to console that if there were not other options, you would be fine with on its own?
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
PS2. Yes, I would be more than fine with it.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Could it be a retron 5?
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I would go with a launch PS3 as it can play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dudersaper
I would go with a launch PS3 as it can play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.Eikichi-Onizuka
Ah, true, true. My pick would be this. Can't believe I forgot that, mine being one of those.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]I would go with a launch PS3 as it can play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.Dudersaper
Ah, true, true. My pick would be this. Can't believe I forgot that, mine being one of those.

To late. Plus, no Daganronpa either way :) Nah, you can change your answer, i won't strand you on an island until next week :lol:
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dudersaper
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] To late. Plus, no Daganronpa either way :)

Although DanganRonpa is a system seller alone for me (getting a Vita simply for the localized versions of the 2 games), I wouldn't trade the PS3/PS2/PS1 library for it :lol:
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

If PC doesn't count (since it ain't a console) I'm going with PS3 or PS2.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] To late. Plus, no Daganronpa either way :)

Although DanganRonpa is a system seller alone for me (getting a Vita simply for the localized versions of the 2 games), I wouldn't trade the PS3/PS2/PS1 library for it :lol:

I was just making sure you weren't crazy. I would have had to strap you in a room if you said PSP. :) Btw, there are two new localisations for the first game just recently is I am not mistaken, check them out. I played a bit (i told you before it's not my cup of tea) but it new localisation is pretty good. The 2nd new one i never tried yet.
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eikichi-Onizuka

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] To late. Plus, no Daganronpa either way :) Jakandsigz

I was just making sure you weren't crazy. I would have had to strap you in a room if you said PSP. :) Btw, there are two new localisations for the first game just recently is I am not mistaken, check them out. I played a bit (i told you before it's not my cup of tea) but it new localisation is pretty good. The 2nd new one i never tried yet.

PSP wouldn't be a bad choice if you mod it. (Not that I'd normally suggest that, but hey if we're stranded on an island XD)

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

A Nintendo Wii.

I know many of you are wanting to yell at me after that answer, but hear me out:

The Wii can play it's library of games (which has more gems than people give it credit for, amongst the shovel-ware), it's backwards compatible with the GameCube; but more importantly than that: VIRTUAL CONSOLE!

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsigz

A Nintendo Wii.

I know many of you are wanting to yell at me after that answer, but hear me out:

The Wii can play it's library of games (which has more gems than people give it credit for, amongst the shovel-ware), it's backwards compatible with the GameCube; but more importantly than that: VIRTUAL CONSOLE!

Emerald_Warrior
The Virtual console does not have enough support for it to be chosen over the actual systems it has imo. The only one close is the NES possibly. Nintendo also has not been supporting it very well the last few years. I actually though about that myself when looking at Sony and MS backwards compatibility, but looking at the VC library it's pretty lacking imo. So tell me, what games on the VC do you think makes the Wii a keeper? Because if you think so most of your favorite games must be on the VC.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Nintendo Gamecube

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

A Nintendo Wii.

Jakandsigz

The Virtual console does not have enough support for it to be chosen over the actual systems it has imo. The only one close is the NES possibly. Nintendo also has not been supporting it very well the last few years. I actually though about that myself when looking at Sony and MS backwards compatibility, but looking at the VC library it's pretty lacking imo. So tell me, what games on the VC do you think makes the Wii a keeper? Because if you think so most of your favorite games must be on the VC.

But we can't choose the actual systems here, we can only choose 1 system.

In reality, I completely agree, though. Real consoles are always better because they have a bigger library.

And I choose the Wii over model 1 PS3, because of the Mario games, Zelda games, Super Metroid, RPGs, and Donkey Kong Country games. Plus all the third-party games that may be multiplatform, but since we can only choose 1 console here that doesn't matter.

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eikichi-Onizuka

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

A Nintendo Wii.

Emerald_Warrior

In reality, I completely agree, though. Real consoles are always better because they have a bigger library.

And I choose the Wii over model 1 PS3, because of the Mario games, Zelda games, Super Metroid, RPGs, and Donkey Kong Country games. Plus all the third-party games that may be multiplatform, but since we can only choose 1 console here that doesn't matter.

I almost chose the Wii for those games, but with PS3 I get the Sega collections, Mega Man collections, Capcom collections, etc so I went with that.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jakandsigz

A Nintendo Wii.

Emerald_Warrior

I'm confused at why you typed this. I am just saying that if you were a big fan of a system like the SNES, at least IMO, the VC would not have enough games to give you the equal quality along with certain Wii titles. But as i though, you're favorite games are already on the VC so the Wii would make most sense for you. I personally IMO would hope that all 3 main console makers would update their old school download services.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] The Virtual console does not have enough support for it to be chosen over the actual systems it has imo. The only one close is the NES possibly. Nintendo also has not been supporting it very well the last few years. I actually though about that myself when looking at Sony and MS backwards compatibility, but looking at the VC library it's pretty lacking imo. So tell me, what games on the VC do you think makes the Wii a keeper? Because if you think so most of your favorite games must be on the VC.Jakandsigz

I'm confused at why you typed this.

I wrote it because you wrote the part that's in red.

Like I said, if I can choose the actual systems, I would (I did, I own most of them, except for the Neo Geo MVS). But I can't according to the original post. So instead, I'd settle for a good mix of games on multiple systems, since I'm only limited to one console choice.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior

I'm confused at why you typed this.

I wrote it because you wrote the part that's in red.

Like I said, if I can choose the actual systems, I would (I did, I own most of them, except for the Neo Geo MVS). But I can't according to the original post. So instead, I'd settle for a good mix of games on multiple systems, since I'm only limited to one console choice.

I see, what I meant by that (the imo part) was from my perspective. However, for you, your favorite games are already on there, so for you it would make sense to choose the Wii as you listed off some games a post before.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

The NES.

Games for it are still being made in China and "8-bit" doesn't age. ;)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jakandsigz

The NES.

Games for it are still being made in China and "8-bit" doesn't age. ;)

nameless12345
But if you are on an island how are you going to retrieve those new Chinese games coming out? :)
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts

A Nintendo Wii.

Emerald_Warrior
+1 for the same reasons you listed. Barring that, another poster mentioned the Retron 5.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Wii U

-It plays all Wii games

-It can play many NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis

-The one system Nintendo library it doesn't have access to is Gamecube, but you can play the new play control pikmin games on it as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wind Waker HD is coming.

-It's future library is already looking very strong with Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Matio 3D World, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros. 

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
Original XBox if you count modding
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#25 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

A modded Xbox

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jakandsigz

Wii U

-It plays all Wii games

-The one system Nintendo library it doesn't have access to is Gamecube, but you can play the new play control pikmin games on it as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wind Waker HD is coming.

-It's future library is already looking very strong with Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Matio 3D World, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros. 

Pikminmaniac
You do realize the Wii U VC has less games than the Wii VC right? Or that's what I have read. I would also wiat for the other games to come out, but Pikmin 3 was fun.
Avatar image for VicariousWolf88
VicariousWolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VicariousWolf88
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

Original Xbox! :)

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

PS2, tons of RPGs. I'd be fine with only just that :P

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I have only got one console and i'm highly unlikely to ever buy another one.

PS2 + my game collection. :D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Wii U

-It plays all Wii games

Jakandsigz

You do realize the Wii U VC has less games than the Wii VC right? Or that's what I have read. I would also wiat for the other games to come out, but Pikmin 3 was fun.

The Wii U has access to every single Virtual Console game on Wii. You just have to access them from the Wii U's built  in Wii menu

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#31 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
PSP, because if I had to have one game it would be Valkyria Chronicles 2.