I need some help id'ing an old snes game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wtfRequeim
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

keep in mind that i haven't played this game for years :P

Anyway, in the game you control a warrior who is fighting through a lot of dungeon, and whenever you complete a level you can choose which one to play next (a big list comes up, usually with alot of numbers from 80 - 130 etc).

Then in some levels a boss awaits you at the end. If i remember correct, it was the same boss every time, but whenever you get close to him he will fusion with a wizard, warrior, or something and turn into a very big creature (dragon) which you would then have to slay

If you have any idea please reply

JerseyJ2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JerseyJ2007
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
I never played this but I searched for it and it looks like the game is in the Dragon Warrior/Quest series.
wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wtfRequeim

Thanks for your reply, but i don't think that those are the games :/

Those games are more anime/manga-like, and the game i am talking about certainly isn't, it is a platform game and not an rpg (maybe there are a few rpg elements, i don't remember)

Thanks anyway

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Black_Knight_00

Does it look like Cadash?

wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wtfRequeim

Does it look like Cadash?

Black_Knight_00

well, i thought it was cadash when i saw your post, but that was only made for TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis. The game i am looking for was made for snes.

The most unique thing about the game must definetly be the bosses which are big. The boss fights are almost always the same - You get into a very big room where you can't see the ceiling and then a wizard(i think) merges himself with a monster or human to form all different kinds of creatures. But i the only thing i can remember of these fusions are a big blue dragon

another thing i just remembered. The levels are always set in dungeons and there were multiple exits in most levels, and you could enter them when you've found a key. I remember some levels where everything was made of stone or sand and some of the small platforms would crumble when you stood on them

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00

well, i thought it was cadash when i saw your post, but that was only made for TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis. The game i am looking for was made for snes. [...]

wtfRequeim

I know it wasn't on the SNES, it was a comparison. Does it look similar to cadash? At least graphically (I think you said it hasn't deformed/cute graphics)?

Your description rings a bell for sure, but I can't come up with any SNES title.

wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wtfRequeim
[QUOTE="wtfRequeim"]

well, i thought it was cadash when i saw your post, but that was only made for TurboGrafx-16 and Genesis. The game i am looking for was made for snes. [...]

Black_Knight_00

I know it wasn't on the SNES, it was a comparison. Does it look similar to cadash? At least graphically (I think you said it hasn't deformed/cute graphics)?

Your description rings a bell for sure, but I can't come up with any SNES title.

well, i just saw a castlevania video on youtube and that is pretty much the closest thing i have seen (with the multiple weapons) and such...... So i have been looking for a castlevania title with the bosses that i descibed but no luck so far

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

well, i just saw a castlevania video on youtube and that is pretty much the closest thing i have seen (with the multiple weapons) and such...... So i have been looking for a castlevania title with the bosses that i descibed but no luck so far

wtfRequeim

As far as I know there are two Castlevania games on the SNES: Super Castlevania IV and Castlevania: Dracula X. You may want to check some screens on the pages I linked (I think there's one of a boss fight as well).

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

another thing i just remembered. The levels are always set in dungeons and there were multiple exits in most levels, and you could enter them when you've found a key. I remember some levels where everything was made of stone or sand and some of the small platforms would crumble when you stood on them

wtfRequeim

That sounds like either Solstice or it's sequel Equinox?

wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wtfRequeim
[QUOTE="wtfRequeim"]

Black_Knight_00

As far as I know there are two Castlevania games on the SNES: Super Castlevania IV and Castlevania: Dracula X. You may want to check some screens on the pages I linked (I think there's one of a boss fight as well).

just checked, its not those :/. The game's grapics are a little more cartoonish than those dark and gothic of castlevania...

its not solstice or equinox either, its a pure 2d platformer

Other than what i have said already the only thing that was special about the game besides its bosses and multiple exits was the level select screen where you could go into 100's and 100's of levels. I think i was told once that there was a boss every 100 level.

so when you went into level select AFAIK it looked kinda like this

--Level 133--

--Level 134--

--Level 135--

--Level 136--

Or like this

--Level 130

--Level 140

--Level 150

etc. etc.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Doesn't sound familiar to me at all (and that's pretty unusual)...

Taking an educated guess, I would say:

Magic Sword by CapCom

wtfRequeim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wtfRequeim

YES.... It is magic sword

Thank you everybody for your troubles :)

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Another satisfied customer!

You're Welcome!

Black_Knight_00