I'm worried about watch dogs...

#1 Edited by Ariabed (1102 posts) -

It's not the downgrade in graphics I'm not bothered about that, it's the gameplay during main missions, I mean will we have the freedom to tackle main missions how ever we like or will we have to play them the way UBIsoft want us to, for example I don't wanna be told or have pointed out things I need to hack by the game to get through the missions, and I don't want a bunch of set pieces.

Also I hope there is a nice variety of side missions and lots of interesting things to do. Not like GTA

#2 Posted by SovietsUnited (1899 posts) -

It's gonna be great, don't worry

#3 Posted by amalager (103 posts) -

I just watched the promotional video and it looks awesome. But I think in-game, you'll have several options on how to approach your mission. Like Hitman I guess.

#4 Edited by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

I'm more worried about Watch Dogs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. And what they will score on GS.

#5 Edited by At3fD (1 posts) -

@ariabed: i just hope it's not like AC, where you have to finish some missions so a part of the map would be available, that was really annoying, that's my concern for the game.

#6 Edited by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

From what I've seen so far I don't think there's anything to worry about in that regard. It seems like you can complete a mission guns-blazing, full stealth(=hacking) or with various degrees of both. It remains to be seen if I'm fully correct or not.

#7 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3731 posts) -

I'm not worried about Watch Dogs

#8 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5759 posts) -

I think it's going to be good, but I don't think it's going to be a masterpiece.

#9 Edited by CyberLips (1814 posts) -

I think it's going to be an ok game but not as awesome as they hype it to be.

#10 Posted by heguain (551 posts) -

I'm not worried...I'll just wait for Kevin's review and then talk.

#11 Posted by HipHopBeats (2873 posts) -

I'm hoping Tom Mcshea reviews this.

#12 Edited by evan22198 (12 posts) -

I'm really excited for the multi-player aspect. That looks like it will be a lot of fun. The game itself looks great too, however I do think your worries are warranted.

#13 Edited by yngsten (197 posts) -

Too me it pretty much looks like AC with a cellphone.

#14 Edited by Archangel3371 (15345 posts) -

I'm not worried at all about it myself, I think it'll be an excellent game.

#15 Posted by Behardy24 (3057 posts) -

I think it's going to be good, but I don't think it's going to be a masterpiece.

#16 Edited by Behardy24 (3057 posts) -

One think I do know, is that the game is going to be successfully money-wise.

#17 Posted by Justin_G (198 posts) -

i hope it's really good. it's a really cool concept for a game, and in the AC department, it's a step up to something fresh and exciting. (though AC has always been pretty innovative; though not always; but what can you do with THAT many instalments)

#18 Posted by _Judas_ (711 posts) -

I wonder how the game plans to upgrade the character and hacking abilities. Will Aiden start out with limited control during hacking, and further in will unlock (somehow) more advanced hacking, or will every possible hack-scenario be available from the start?

Will the game give you access to a wide range of weapons from the start, or do you have to, like GTA-games, unlock weapons as you progress?

Will parts of the map be "locked" until you have proceeded well wnough in the main story plot?

I hope the finalized product include those smooth animations that we witnessed during E3 2012(?), where Aiden is seen partially hiding his handgun, strolling through the streets with his hands in his pockets, pulling up his mask when "shi* hits the fan", and other cool little details.

I hope the control scheme for hacking is easy to understand. Some parts of the gameplay videos show moments where timing is everything, so I hope the hacking controls remain intuative and easy to use.

#19 Posted by vicky_john1 (73 posts) -

I am really excited to play as a hacker in game... I am impressed after watching all kinds of watch dogs videos..

#20 Edited by firefox59 (4357 posts) -

You don't have to worry about the missions themselves. You should worry about the non-main mission content. The biggest problem with most sandbox games is that outside of the structured content the world is boring with nothing to do. Other than Sleeping Dogs I haven't had much fun running around outside of the missions. GTA suffers from this big time. RDR was more fun just screwing around the world than any GTA game and most of the world is a wide open expanse.

#21 Posted by steam99 (12 posts) -

promotional video may seems nice but for sure in game is very different just like in other games.

#22 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (543 posts) -

It's gonna be garbage. No doubt at all. They are marketing the crap out of it and the premise is stale. I would rather play GTA Online than this game, and GTA Online is provided for free, with free DLC.

#23 Posted by Ariabed (1102 posts) -

@jimmy_russell: steady,,the game isn't out yet you may have to eat those words :)

#24 Posted by svaubel (2442 posts) -

I would worry more at the 5 different collectors editions, none of which have everything.

5 different boxes for one game? Seriously Ubisoft? At least wait for Watch Dogs 3.7 when the game IP has a decent fanbase.

#25 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73579 posts) -

I've already scratched this game off my want list. So sick of the hype and marketing. The industry really needs to stop throwing so much fucking money into promotion, because at the end of the day, it's US that are paying for it. Case in point: five collector's editions. You can't even get the entire game YOU paid for, because it's split up in FIVE different versions. I honestly wish more gamers had a sense of self-control and would stop pre-ordering every fucking AAA title just so that they can the bits we used to be able to unlock by... PLAYING THE GAME. Shameful... just shameful.

#26 Posted by platinumking320 (666 posts) -

Funny, how in contrast to this you can get a lot of source skins and mods for fucking free, compared to the megapublishers DLCgasms.

THQ, Rubin, whereever you guys are, you have unleashed spawn from the darkest circle of hell, by encouraging this whole piecemeal DLC craze.

From this to friggin comcast. Everyone's just buying up companies and throwing surcharges in people's faces.

Its How the goddamn West was paved people. They've steamrolled over our personal bliss.

#27 Edited by Behardy24 (3057 posts) -

The only thing I am worried about is the way the hacking will be dealt with. I am hoping you can do so much more than just blackout an entire city( which is still kinda of cool), I want to something just a tadbit more creative than that. Or maybe you will have to mesh all your hacking abilities together to do some serious damage. I don't know, we will have to wait and see.

#28 Posted by Behardy24 (3057 posts) -

To elaborate on my last post, I have to say that I hope the hacking will be a focus in the game not just be a optional thing you can do. Because of that is the case, the game will turn into a GTA clone with some hacking.

But again, we must wait and see.

#29 Posted by LiquidButter (43 posts) -

Gamespot will give Watch Dogs a 9.

#30 Edited by sukraj (22089 posts) -

Gamespot will give Watch Dogs a 9.

more like a 7.0

#31 Posted by LiquidButter (43 posts) -

@sukraj: Wolfenstein got an 8. Watch Dogs can't possibly score lower than that game.

#32 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

@sukraj: Wolfenstein got an 8. Watch Dogs can't possibly score lower than that game.

You never know lol

#33 Edited by LiquidButter (43 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@liquidbutter said:

You never know lol

Not going to happen. $10 says it gets 9/10 at least.

#34 Posted by mjorh (692 posts) -

It's gonna be great ! you ain't got nothin to worry about....scores ranging from 8.5 to 9.5.

#35 Edited by kingcrimson24 (456 posts) -

I'm guessing a 9 on gamespot .

its the higher score in this website

#36 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

If they do it right the first few missions will be easing the player into the game and after that it'll let you do it how you want.