I'm pretty happy with my Super Hexagon score...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

Yes I'm pretty good at this game.

What are your times?

#2 Edited by Minishdriveby (10005 posts) -

0:01

#3 Posted by c_rakestraw (14711 posts) -

Not just good -- you're a god.

Best I can usually do is maybe 10 seconds, if I'm lucky.

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5501 posts) -

What the hell is Super Hexagon?

#5 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

I... do not know this game :(

#6 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

What the hell is Super Hexagon?

Difficult. Well, at first.

#7 Posted by loafofgame (631 posts) -

I always get a bit depressed when games have no end and rely solely on highscores. You can never truly win and there will almost always be someone else who is better.

Still impressive, though.

#8 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@loafofgame said:

I always get a bit depressed when games have no end and rely solely on highscores. You can never truly win and there will almost always be someone else who is better.

Still impressive, though.

INFINITE GAMEPLAY. That's how I see it.

#9 Edited by c_rakestraw (14711 posts) -
@SoNin360 said:

What the hell is Super Hexagon?

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I... do not know this game :(

Here: give it a shot.

#10 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
@c_rakestraw said:

Here: give it a shot.

Nice. I made a game with a similar sort of concept a couple years back, albeit not nearly as pretty.

#11 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:
@SoNin360 said:

What the hell is Super Hexagon?

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I... do not know this game :(

Here: give it a shot.

And then watch this.

#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

@ExtremeBanana said:

And then watch this.

I think I see the trick there: how do you lock movement on 45 degree angles?

#13 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@ExtremeBanana said:

And then watch this.

I think I see the trick there: how do you lock movement on 45 degree angles?

You don't, you just...play. It's all about precision. The controls are just left and right so you need to be precise on how long you hold one button down to get to where you need to be.

#14 Posted by SoNin360 (5501 posts) -

Okay, now I remember this. I saw this on Rage Quit. I messed around with it a little and made it to 13 seconds. I think I'm pretty much a master now. No, but I stopped before I wasted the rest of my afternoon.

#15 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -

This game is like Fatboy Slim's colonoscopy

#16 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

This game is like Fatboy Slim's colonoscopy

Try Open Hexagon, it's a clone of Super Hexagon and it's free. Download 1.92. Others are glitchy.

#17 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:

Not just good -- you're a god.

Best I can usually do is maybe 10 seconds, if I'm lucky.

I just done even better.