I am still being blown away

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

So I recently finished playing crysis 3, god of war ascension and now i am playing the last of us and i am blown away by the graphics in these games, so maybe i am not yet ready for next generation, i could continue to play on the xbox and ps3 until i am no longer impressed by the graphics then i can make a move.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Don't own a gaming pc huh. We've seen better graphics in 2007 than all the games mentioned above running on ps3/360.

Besides I'm ready for the next gen, cause this gen really lacked in the RAM department, and you can tell, especially with ME3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@t1striker said:

Don't own a gaming pc huh. We've seen better graphics in 2007 than all the games mentioned above running on ps3/360.

Besides I'm ready for the next gen, cause this gen really lacked in the RAM department, and you can tell, especially with ME3.

Do mind sharing these games you speak of?

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

@Pedro said:

@t1striker said:

Do mind sharing these games you speak of?

Guess that makes two folks without gaming PCs....

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I think current-gen has really been pushed to its limits. I don't see a huge gap going into next-gen, but I'm sure there will really be some significant differences later on. I'm just hoping games run smoother. I'm not a snob when it comes to graphics, but I think choppiness and freezing are obvious issues that I think would be improved upon next gen. I'm in no huge rush either for next-gen given the early titles, but I do believe this gen will age much better, at least with some games, in comparison with the previous gen.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

I think current-gen has really been pushed to its limits. I don't see a huge gap going into next-gen, but I'm sure there will really be some significant differences later on. I'm just hoping games run smoother. I'm not a snob when it comes to graphics, but I think choppiness and freezing are obvious issues that I think would be improved upon next gen. I'm in no huge rush either for next-gen given the early titles, but I do believe this gen will age much better, at least with some games, in comparison with the previous gen.

Comparing games like Beyond to early next gen titles, the graphical difference won't seem that huge. But, I mean, if you compare some of the games that came out the first year of PS3/360, it's amazing that games like Beyond are on the same console. I think we got a fair bit of work out of this 8/9 year old hardware. However, I think this coming gen will be more subtle in its improvements, with the focus on improving visual density more than anything else (for example, full ground cover, with physics driven foliage in place of the flat ground textures with the occasional frond sticking up here and there).

D34DP00L_187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 D34DP00L_187
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@t1striker said:

I thought we were past the PC supremacy garbage, but I guess not. Whether a game runs at 60fps or 30 as long as it's smooth, and the hiccups are subtle than what difference does it make to someone who prefers consoles to PC gaming? There's pros and cons to both sides, but regardless at the end of the day we're all gamers and whether we're mobbing on League, or pwning on Halo, or surviving The Last of Us the only thing that truly divides console and PC gamers are the exclusive titles. Forget all the hogwash about what's under the hood and instead look at what kind of game you're playing. We seem to be losing sight of that and trading that in for who can make there's look more like a portrait.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

@d34dp00l_187 said:

@t1striker said:

I thought we were past the PC supremacy garbage, but I guess not. Whether a game runs at 60fps or 30 as long as it's smooth, and the hiccups are subtle than what difference does it make to someone who prefers consoles to PC gaming? There's pros and cons to both sides, but regardless at the end of the day we're all gamers and whether we're mobbing on League, or pwning on Halo, or surviving The Last of Us the only thing that truly divides console and PC gamers are the exclusive titles. Forget all the hogwash about what's under the hood and instead look at what kind of game you're playing. We seem to be losing sight of that and trading that in for who can make there's look more like a portrait.

I never said graphics(I've just played through Skies of Arcadia, Xenosaga, and soon Baldurs gate 2 again(Nov. 15th)) are better over gameplay(They are not), and never stated that PC gaming is better than console gaming. All I was doing was stating a fact, PC's have produced graphics that surpass any game released on PS3/360 a long time ago, and I don't think next gen is going too look better than a PC at the same time(usually a console would produce better graphics for a year or 2, but I don't think that's going to happen this next gen(one week and we can call it this gen)). I own every modern console(besides 3ds if you include handhelds), and have loved playing them, and still do(though not much to play on the 360 for the last couple years imo).

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I just want some better looking hair modeling in the coming gen.

Graphics can do what they like. I don't really care about a pure upgrade in graphical fidelity so much as I want a character that doesn't look like his hair is made of paper mache.

Tomb Raider for PC made some decent strides in the right direction, but even that was still far from perfect. Here's hoping! :)