RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RandoJarfat
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts

First of whats with all the spam in this forum?

I think you have to be a serious virgin no lifer to enjoy this game.

I read somewhere the only real reason people claim to like it is for 'bragging rights'. Its kind of like those try hards who show off how much beer they can drink like it makes them toughter than the other person.

I had a lovely day playing banished today and thought what a nice change it was to the constant anger and frustraiton i had from playing dark souls all week. I play games to have a break from work and hopefully relax but dark souls is like clocking in to my 'second job' for more punishment.

I have no problem with a game being hard but constnatly going back and doing the same old monsters ad infinitum is just plain boring.

You can call me a wimp but I will just call you a no lifer virgin :P.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@randojarfat: "i had from playing dark souls all week"

You've been playing a game you don't like "all week"? I think you're the no lifer virgin dude lol.

Darksouls is an amazing game. I'm on my third play though with a new strength inteligence build.

RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RandoJarfat

Anyhow I guess the OP was unproducetive and will only leads to back and forth.

But i was just venitng trying to decide if I can be bothered to keep playing or not. Im in the bit where the mini metal giant guys are. I dont see how to go on because ive been there for days and making really slow progress and there is just the butterfly boss in the next part and I cleared everything else behind afaik.

Ive just been having to grind away the saem mobs over and over and its really boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Not a game for you then.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

1. If you're stuck use a guide.
2. If you're stuck run past everything.
3. If you don't like it. Stop playing it.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#6 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@randojarfat: Why are you playing a game you don't like?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@randojarfat said:

First of whats with all the spam in this forum?

I think you have to be a serious virgin no lifer to enjoy this game.

I read somewhere the only real reason people claim to like it is for 'bragging rights'. Its kind of like those try hards who show off how much beer they can drink like it makes them toughter than the other person.

I had a lovely day playing banished today and thought what a nice change it was to the constant anger and frustraiton i had from playing dark souls all week. I play games to have a break from work and hopefully relax but dark souls is like clocking in to my 'second job' for more punishment.

I have no problem with a game being hard but constnatly going back and doing the same old monsters ad infinitum is just plain boring.

You can call me a wimp but I will just call you a no lifer virgin :P.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm playing this game right now. I wish I could say every death was earned, but it isn't. The game's broken. It even has horrible frame rate issues at times that completely mess up my timing. Doesn't stop me from playing it, though. I die, and do everything over. I die, and then do everything over. I then learn to NOT die and I make farther than I did before. That's the addictive quality of the game. Learning how to cheat death.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

JPL Speaks !

gotbaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gotbaka2
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

What a pansy.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I personally hated dark souls as well, I do love hard games but the problem with dark souls is you have to keep repeating parts over and over again which is extremely boring. Once I do a section a few times it becomes second nature and plodding through to find the next challenge is unbelievably repetitive. I was extremely disappointed with the game because I normally enjoy hard games but this one is hard for all the wrong reasons.

Having said that, calling anyone who does enjoy it a "no life virgin" is foolish and childish, the allure of the game is the constant death and the feeling of accomplishment you get from getting to that next step, whatever it may be. Like you, I though the game seemed more like a chore than fun, which is why I stopped playing, but I get why people like it and I certainly won't put someone down for liking a game that I did not.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Dark Souls is... it's a toolset for adventure. One can only get as much out of it as they have a creative imagination (to delve into the story and lore) and skills enough to surpass the challenges faced.

And it's not hard at all, it just doesn't hold the player's hand in any regard and relies on their ability to be patient and time attacks/defend/rolls correctly in time with enemies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I hope Lulu_Lulu doesn't come here and spout his nonsense.

RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RandoJarfat

wtf had a long post just disappear.

anyhow I was half praising it half poo pooing it, but after ten minutes with the stupid butterfly even after reading the guides....F that noise!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

^You probably tried this already but buy 20 or so firebombs and throw them at the butterfly bastard.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@randojarfat said:

wtf had a long post just disappear.

anyhow I was half praising it half poo pooing it, but after ten minutes with the stupid butterfly even after reading the guides....F that noise!

I can't say as I've ever died on the Moonlight Butterfly. All you need to do is dodge the magic blasts and wait for it to approach the bridge and pummel it into Oblivion (two hands is best). It's one of the easiest bosses in the game.

And if that doesn't work, just go there in human form and summon Witch Beatrice. Her sign is under the staircase behind a bush.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Calling everyone who like a game a "serious virgin no lifer" is pretty childish, even for Gamespot.

If it's too hard for you, just don't play it. No one will think less of you (unless you make a stupid post in the Gamespot forum about how you suck at it).

If you really having so much trouble with the Moonlight Butterfly just summon the NPC who casts magic and it will die as long as you don't die. You can even summon up to 2 people.

RandoJarfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RandoJarfat

Ye I know that boss is easy compared ot the others but I jsut died a couple times and got annoyed- i got it to like 10% health and then died. Firebombs, a good idea. No I hadnt tried. Its not that the boss is hard I was just already at my wits end from being in the stupid basin before it with those metal golems all week.

Ah how I am looking forward to a nice relaxing session of Banished to unwind after this torment.

I play games to relieve me from my depressing life but this SOB despresses me more. Im starting to dread playing it again still havent quite brought myself to uninstallign it yet tho. Will things get better as I level up or will it get more frustrating? I am kind of terrified how much harder it will be later on. I might not even sleep well tonight because of it.

I just thought of what it is like- it's like those horse hair undergarmets the religious acestics of the middle ages would wear- the punishment is the 'reward for your faith'.

I could see how this would be fun if you could have a laugh about it with all your friends and swap stories about it. Too bad Im a recluse with no friends.

The game was very managable up to this point but that basin really sucked the soul out of me (no pun intended). Maybe that is why it is called dakr souls cos it turns you into a burned out husk form playing it. Boy if I could get my hands on the developer of this game.

I do see how tactics can relaly hlep you tho. Like the gargoyles i thought would be impossible until I read online how you could summon that dude, then is was super easy. But i am getting quite scared that this game is going to push my already fragile mental state over the edge. The opposite of why I play computer games. It fels like one of those abusive relationships now that everyone says you should leave but you cant pluck up the courage to do.

It has me bullied into subservience.