hunger games game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jdmthelazer (1 posts) -
seriously how come no ones made a hunger games game it would be one of the best games ever
#2 Posted by Marirranya (48 posts) -
i second the motion! :3
#3 Posted by Jaybirdnifty (2 posts) -
This is a letter that I was thinking about sending. Dear Bathesda Company, Now I know you get lots of emails everyday of fan mail and other stuff, and I really appreciate you deciding to read this mail if your doing so. Now, before I move on let me tell you a little about me. My name is Jay. I'd tell you my last name, but I'm internet protective like that. I might tell you later, if I get proof that you guys are interested in what I have to offer. What I'm offering is a game idea, something free of charge. I do not want to work for you, well I certainly wouldn't mind but I have to think realistically, I merely just wish to see my game idea to be at least considered and hopefully some day made. I'm a Senior in high school, and I really have no idea what I want to go to college for yet. I'm thinking Storyline Design, since I love that either for Games or Books. I work at a movie theater. So without anymore useless information, since I don't want to waste your time, I'll cut to the chase. In case you haven't seen/read the Hunger Games, here's the summery for it. I got the summery off of the Hunger Games wiki, so I take no credit for it! In the novel, The Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl, each between the ages of 12 and 18 from each of the twelve districts, pitting them against each other in a game of survival where they are forced to fight one another to the death. The victor then wins a new house for themselves and their families in their District, along with food, fame, and wealth. I'm offering a video game idea that's based off of the Hunger Games. Now, I know what your saying. He's just another hardcore fan wanting to see it turned into a game. Well, your partially right. I am a fan, and I do wish to see this turned into a game, I am not, however, 'hardcore'. This game will be different then all the other Games that are based off of movies and books. It'll be different because it'll be different then the movie, have a good control system with it, have both great multiplayer and single player modes, and because it'll be a RPG. First, I want to talk about why I want it different then the movie. The movie did well, no, actually that's undermining how well it did. It did GREAT! In fact, it was the third biggest weekend opening of ALL TIME! That means something. It racked in a whole 155 MILLION dollars just opening weekend! And I don't doubt it at all! I work at a movie theater, I saw what it was like. And it was crazy! But, who'd want to play a game that was exactly like it's movie counter part? I wouldn't, since I'd know what would happen and everything. I'd probably not even bother picking it up off the shelf at a store. And I don't want my Game to be like that. I want it to be great and something that everyone will talk about. That's why, I'd like for it to be one of the Hunger Games BEFORE the 74th Games. Which is the one that the movie/book take place in. I would like it that way so we can add a fresh feel to it, so people won't get bored of playing it. You could also do different arenas, although I think you should still have the forest at least a option since it's a tradition. I also think things like deserts or a snowy arena would be cool. Maybe one that even takes place in a area around a temple. I also think that a arena like a forest surrounded by volcanos or something would be pretty neat. I think it'd be cool that the generator or whatever, I'm honestly not into the actual making of the game more of the ideas and story of it, would pick which arena randomly. Even in storymode. And each arena has it's own little set of 'surprises'. Like the forest that is surrounded by volcanos. Maybe the Volcanos don't erupt exactly, instead they just fire balls of lava at the forest. I don't think that this should affect just one player, or computer, I think this should affect any character in the Game. Like you know those Games where you see stuff go through a character and their not hurt or anything but the same object hurts you? I don't want it like that. I want the player to have the same fair, or unfair, chance to win as the computer or other players. And for any good game to happen, it needs to have a good control system. I've played games before that the controls were hard for me to do, and let me tell you, I lost interest in those games REAL fast. I can't offer much help here since I'm only a Xbox 360 guy and I don't know much about how this stuff works, but I think it'd be real neat for it to just have the classic hold this button to aim your weapon. Speaking of which, I don't think a character should have to have a weapon. I think they should be able to attack or defend with just their hands. However, I don't want it to look cheap. I'd like it to look realistic. Now for single player mode, I was thinking that you'd start off with your character. I think you should make your character before you even play single player (I'd really like if they could make multiple characters and be able to play with them online.). And after you make him/her, maybe you have a flashback of being Reaped or Volunteering, the player would get this choice, and when you come back to the present you notice that your at your interview with Caesar. He'd ask you a few question, for example, How did you feel being Reaped/when you volunteered?, and you'd get multiple options on how to respond. I'd like it if this kind of set the tone for the character. If you read the Hunger Games book, we see how most characters personalities are by the interview. We learned that Foxface was sly and elusive, Thresh was silent but strong, Cato bloodthirsty, and Glimmer flirty. I'd like that maybe whatever options you gave the characters would help decide how their personalities are and would decide on how the character would react to certain things/people throughout the game. Then after all that is set, we go to the last day of Training. There, the player is taught how to move and run and jump and use whatever 2 weapons they choose from a Trainer. These are the two weapons they would be BEST at using at, but they CAN use others. During this training, the player would roam around and talk to three or four other Tributes. They will react to you depending on what you answered in your interview with Caesar and what weapons you picked. Out of these four, they can either become allies, enemies, or neutral. Enemies mean that they are more then likely to come after you when the Games first start unless there is a enemy that they hate more around them. Allies mean that this is someone that you partner up with. However, the further you get into the Hunger Games the more unstable the alliance gets since you'll end up fighting for your lives. If the player doesn't betray or kill his/her partner at one point, the partner will end up attacking them which they'll either kill or be killed. Multiplayer mode, I think would be best if it was just the Hunger Games themselves. Maybe the character gets stronger, faster, and smarter when you play as him/her in the Games and therefore increases your chance at winning. I think this should start right when the countdown begins for the Games to start. I think up to 24 (Or maybe 12 if that's to many) should be allowed to play at one time. After all, there are 24 Tributes. Why not just have the server pick one boy and one female from each District when a player is searching for a match? In these Games, you face against other players. You can talk to them over the headset if you have one. Another cool thing I'd like is if maybe you had a downloadable game called '74th Games' or something where you can take control of one of the characters from the 74th Hunger Games. Characters would have to be characters that are actually given names or nicknames though. Like Katniss, Peeta, Foxface, Thresh, Clove, Cato, Marvel, Rue, ect. And the last thing is, that it would be a RPG! I would like, in single player mode, that there be a few cutscenes where you interact with another Tribute. And how you interact with them and what you say will tell you if the Capital decides you should have a happy ending or a bad ending if you win the Game. I figure that the single player should last up to however long, and the maps should be big enough for a character to be able to hide if wanted yet small enough that it wouldn't take a long time to find another Tribute. Now, there are other cool things I'd like to add in this Game. For example, in single player I'd like the character to have to try to find food and water, just like someone would need in real life. But make sure these appear in different places every time a player plays! Another cool thing would be if they could have a Team battle mode. This would be for where you actually get to form Teams in the Hunger Games, maybe during one of the Quarter Quells, and you and your team have to fight to be the last one(s) left alive. The maps on this would be a little bit smaller, so the games would be shorter since it's a team game. But not to small. Now, like I said I have no desire to be a employee if you guys decide to do my Game. In fact, I'd prefer we don't even meet up. I'd like to just help you guys via email or something. All I ask is that you at least say in credits somewhere that the original idea was by me. If you decide to do this game, I'll give you my last name. Anyways, please respond yes or no with this. And have a good day/night. Hope to hear from you soon, Jay
#4 Posted by SloveenEfsei (50 posts) -

will seem like a very short game if indeed made since the main focus of the game will be the games itself. sorta like CoD short but with less action.