How we can all help THQ.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Malckeor (64 posts) -

Hello everyone. As I'm sure you've heard, THQ haven't been doing too well lately. Coincidentally, Darksiders II is on sale on Steam for $17.

You should all go and buy it, if you haven't. THQ are one of the last non-greedy publishers left, and I'm sure ALL of us will be quite depressed if they were to go down-under. That would mean games such as Saints Row 4, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III & Dark Millennium (and ALL future Warhammer games, might I add), Metro: Last Light, any future Darksiders games, and Company of Heroes 2 would never see the light of day.

So...yeah. Darksiders II. $17 on Steam. It's an EXCELLENT game in its own right, so you should buy it. The offer ends at 4PM today. You should buy it beforehand.

#2 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
I would be depressed if they went under as well, but it's not our responsibility to keep them afloat. They've made some bad financial decisions, the tablet thing being an utter disaster. Regardless I'll be buying Metro and CoH2, Darksiders 2 eventually once I'm through a deluge of games includin the first.
#3 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

While I don't want THQ to go under because I don't want anyone to lose their jobs, it's absolutely ridiculous to A) Say they're not greedy and B) Suggest those properties would disappear.

First off, they're a company designed to make money. Maybe they're not evil greedy or anything but it isn't like they produce games out of the kindness of their hearts, they want the cash. Exhibit A - Homefront. A piece of trash CoD clone at CoD's height of popularity? Totally an act of kindness. Red Faction is dead and why? It wasn't bringing in that much money.

Secondly, Saints Row and Warhammer 40k are both profitable franchises with established bases (especially 40k). If THQ goes under, someone would likely buy the rights to those games and continue to make them. This is also likely with Darksiders.

#4 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

I'm a console gamer so I can't help them, which sucks because THQ needs to be saved because without the Saints Row series, the gaming industry will plummet further into a downwards spiral and every game will be like MGS4 or ME2.

#5 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
I do like a good bit of THQs work, and they seem like a publisher that isn't jumping on the "consumer = enemy" bandwagon. I purchased Darksiders 2, but didn't think it was very good compared to the first game. However, I'm absolutely salivating over Metro: Last Light.
#6 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

I shall be getting Darksiders 2 for Wii U on launch day. Was going to get it when it came out but I decided to wait for this version!

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (30320 posts) -

I'm not a fan of their games and I don't like their PR statements about used games, so I have no interest in helping them.

#8 Posted by Treflis (11594 posts) -
While I do like THQ, I ain't buying a game with a genre I don't really enjoy. Had it been Metro : Last Light or Company of Heroes 2 then I'd be inclined to jump on the sale.
#9 Posted by MethodManFTW (25851 posts) -
That would mean games such as Saints Row 4, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III & Dark Millennium (and ALL future Warhammer games, might I add), Metro: Last Light, any future Darksiders games, and Company of Heroes 2 would never see the light of day.Malckeor
not true