How to find metal to upgrade your ship in AC4 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sun-Tzu-GE (21 posts) -

I need to upgrade the Jackdaw because my ship gets destroyed too quickly.I can't even progress in the story because of it.So what's the easiest way to find metal? I swear I can't find any.I've searched for an hour for a ship to steal some metal but I cam only find wood,cloth,sugar,barrels,mortars.I'm starting to regret buying this game because this takes all the fun out of it.Please help !

#2 Posted by xxchanchanxx (6 posts) -

Go to t warehouses they give u good metal and you can just hang around it until it refills hope this helps :D

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (27954 posts) -

Start destroying every ship you come across, and that will raise your wanted level to where Navy ships will come after you. They have tons of metal for you to plunder, matey.

#4 Posted by Planeforger (15319 posts) -

Start destroying every ship you come across, and that will raise your wanted level to where Navy ships will come after you. They have tons of metal for you to plunder, matey.

This. You'll want to be destroying Brigs, Frigates and whatever pirate hunters come your way.

I'm pretty sure one of the earlier missions actually requires you to do this, so if you aren't there yet, just keep playing.