corigne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 corigne
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Alright. So I'm sure if you've stumbled upon this post via the web, you've probably been trying to figure out why your Diablo 2 digital download won't install on your computer when run.

First, allow me to address the problem. When the D2 Digital Download installer runs, it searches all of the drives attached to your computer for any folders labeled "Diablo II" (or that contain the game files). If you have a previous installation of D2 on your computer the installer detects the existing directory, assumes it has already done its job, and changes the primary installer button to "Play Diablo II" instead of "Install Diablo II"

The solution is simple. Remove the folder labeled "Diablo II" from your system by deleting it. If you want to keep both folders, then simply rename the old Diablo II folder something else.

Thank you for staying a while and listening! I hope my first contribution helps someone avoid the frustration I had in solving this problem.

Cheers,

corigne

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

This is why physical copies are better. With the CD, all you had to do was run the installer directly from the CD bypassing the splash screen.