How to become a gamer..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Xiumph (109 posts) -

I know the title sounds sad but ever since I started gaming I was young and played Nintendo, now that i'm older I have only played PC and im obsessed with PC gaming. Part of me wants to play other consoles and franchises but a big part of me is just saying "PC gaming" and I don't know what to do in terms of playing on a different platform.

What makes you guys play on multiple platforms? Why am I so obssed with PC gaming? Could It be that I build my PC's pursue networking and repair as a career? What should I do :(

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10422 posts) -
first world problems
#3 Posted by michael_1234576 (8621 posts) -
Just play games that you like
#4 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Buy a PS2 for $30
#5 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6201 posts) -

You should probably start by posting in the right board..............

#6 Posted by JogsterXL (299 posts) -
Play on multiple consoles because each have thier own positive/negative points and great exclusive games not on the rest. As for why you are so obsessed with PC gaming, well you're gonna have to figure that out for yourself. What should you do? Play games, my friend, just keep playing games.
#7 Posted by supa_badman (16660 posts) -

If you play on the PC and are 'obsessed' with it, that's more than enough to warrant a gamer 'title'

#8 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

OT is the wrong forum for this buddy. I've moved it to Primary Games rather than closing it.

#9 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19045 posts) -

OT is the wrong forum for this buddy. I've moved it to Primary Games rather than closing it.

m0zart

Madness! You've opened a portal between OT and the PGD, now demons are pouring through.

#10 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

Madness! You've opened a portal between OT and the PGD, now demons are pouring through.Black_Knight_00

Better than the hellspawn of System Wars.

#11 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19045 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Madness! You've opened a portal between OT and the PGD, now demons are pouring through.c_rake

Better than the hellspawn of System Wars.

Demons. Are. Demons

#12 Posted by bjvill (142 posts) -
Some people buy other gaming platforms than their preferred (you prefer PC) because they are interested in/ enjoy the games exclusive to those other platforms. PC gamers tend to enjoy their horsepower, and tend to enjoy building their PCs. Some console gamers prefer consoles over PCs because of convenience or because of console exclusives or because their friends game on that console. We're all gamers here and no one is superior to others unless you are in that other subforum of delusional nerdrage and fanboyism...

m0zart
Perhaps SystemWars would have been more appropriate...
#13 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -
Look at the exclusives on the other platforms. Ask yourself if you want to play those exclusives enough to play on another console. If yes, buy the console and play the games. If no, don't. I have a PS3 and I am very satisfied with it because I can play the exclusive games, but I still buy the overwhelming majority of my games for PC because that's what I most like playing on. I haven't played any PS3 games in several months but it's still there whenever I want to play a console game.
#14 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

PC is easily my platform of choice, but I buy consoles for exclusives. I am wiating to be wow'd by a game before buying a console this coming gen.

#15 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
I own multiple systems because I want to play their exclusive games. If there are no games on other systems that you're interested in there's no reason to buy a new platform.
#16 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

I switched from PC gaming to consoles because I wanted to play on my widescreen TV with audio through my A/V amp. I haven't played PC games since switching to consoles because the virtual reality experience is more absorbing for me with consoles. I started with an Xbox 360 and bought a PS 3 Slim later when my Xbox was in repair for the second time to have its fried GPU replaced again. Now I keep a different game in each and switch back and forth depending on my mood.

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -
how to b a gamer?? lol ......
#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (31026 posts) -

Own everything and forget about the real world.

#19 Posted by cprmauldin (1567 posts) -

Buy a PS2 for $30 chilly-chill

Not a bad bit of advice...

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74284 posts) -
depends on what games you play, and how you play them. If you like multiplayer then xbox is the best, if you like good graphics and a great deal of different exclusives, then buy ps3. If you like innovation and very good exclusives, but very few third party games, choose Wii or Wii U. What games do you play on your pc?
#21 Posted by Ballroompirate (23698 posts) -

I know the title sounds sad but ever since I started gaming I was young and played Nintendo, now that i'm older I have only played PC and im obsessed with PC gaming. Part of me wants to play other consoles and franchises but a big part of me is just saying "PC gaming" and I don't know what to do in terms of playing on a different platform.

What makes you guys play on multiple platforms? Why am I so obssed with PC gaming? Could It be that I build my PC's pursue networking and repair as a career? What should I do :(

Xiumph

You can never go wrong playing on multiple systems.

#22 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

Black_Knight_00

Madness! You've opened a portal between OT and the PGD, now demons are pouring through.

Why hello thereee :)
#23 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Just play what you like to play.