How much are you willing to pay for PS4 or 720 @ launch?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

Now I realize we don't know exactly what features or specs they will have, but anyone who is a fan or has knowledge of the industry has a good idea of what they want and expect from these systems, so what is your absolute limit in spending for these systems when they finally come out?

I have no interest in any more Microsoft systems unless they announce Shenmue 3 as an exclusive for 720, and then I'd pay any price to have it on day one. Barring that improbability I wouldn't pay anything for the system. For the PS4 I wouldn't pay more than $400 because paying more than that for any console is LOL in my humble opinion.

What about you guys?

Bigboi500
Should've included a poll for this thread.
#52 Posted by syztem (7702 posts) -

Depends on the launch lineup and capabilities out of the box. I'll pay $400 to $450 for a PS4 if I have a reason to use it when I get home, but not if all I'll use it for is to play the PS3 games that'll still be coming out.

I guess if there are supply issues and a decent title coming out within a month or two I'd consider shelling out right away as well; it's not like there'll be a price drop any time soon.

I can't imagine anything that would convince me to pay what the 360 and PS3 were charging at launch though. Didn't then, won't now.

#53 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

Not enough time to play either, but might get a 720 down the road for Halo 5/6. Oh and it would have to be $400 or less with free online. YUP

#54 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

All the rumours thus far have been pretty negative in my opinion. So with the possibility of those in mind, I'd be willing to pay about 30$.

If it locks games to a console or user account or needs a code other than an online pass for multiplayer then I probably won't even purchase a next gen console, I'd just get a gaming PC and be done with it.

#55 Posted by HipHopBeats (2861 posts) -

No more than $280. Xbox is a no go for me and I would to wait at least a year or two before purchasing a PS4 if at all. Not really interested in next gen anyway. Still enjoying this one.

#56 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

I would really like both to aim for $299. I think it's a good sweet spot that sets them both up for mass-market penetration.

#57 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -
250EUR and I don't want none of that 1eur = 1usd crap or letting the stores decide the price (looking at you nintendo!). 250EUR is 340USD and it seems fair to me considering the economic hardships we are having right now. And honestly I would get a WiiU if the prices were fair. In the US its 300 bucks which is fair but its a lot more in Europe.
#58 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I would really like both to aim for $299. I think it's a good sweet spot that sets them both up for mass-market penetration.

Teufelhuhn

That would be the perfect way for Sony and MS to show that they 'get it'. I think Sony and MS could do okay at $400, but $300 and good launch line-ups would all but guarantee very strong sales.

#59 Posted by almoalgam (81 posts) -

800$

if i can spend that much on a phone i sure as hell can spend it on a ps4

#60 Posted by taiwwa (251 posts) -

Never buy a console at launch, obviously.

I hope that they pull another PS3 and stuff it full of esoteric hardware and lose a bunch of money.

Then, in 3 years time interesting games start coming out.

#61 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

CarnageHeart

That would be the perfect way for Sony and MS to show that they 'get it'. I think Sony and MS could do okay at $400, but $300 and good launch line-ups would all but guarantee very strong sales.

I think $300 is a possibility. I believe Sony's gonna surprise everyone by showing $299 just as they did with the Vita. People claimed the Vita was so powerful that it wouldnt retail at anything below $350. And yet Sony came out and priced it the same as the 3DS. They weren't even losing that much on each unit.

We might see a $400 Elite version for both consoles. Probably with Kinect and the Eye Toy built in. But yeah, it's exciting that we might see a $299 PS4 and 720.

#62 Posted by Bigboi500 (29060 posts) -

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

S0lidSnake

I think $300 is a possibility. I believe Sony's gonna surprise everyone by showing $299 just as they did with the Vita. People claimed the Vita was so powerful that it wouldnt retail at anything below $350. And yet Sony came out and priced it the same as the 3DS. They weren't even losing that much on each unit.

We might see a $400 Elite version for both consoles. Probably with Kinect and the Eye Toy built in. But yeah, it's exciting that we might see a $299 PS4 and 720.

I wan't some of what you guys' are smokin'. That would be great though.

#63 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]That's craaaazy man!

Bigboi500
yeah i know

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]5 million dollars :3 nah i wouldn't pay more than 800 bucks ( the Wii U costs 750 where in my country)Vari3ty

Where do you live?

Norway
#64 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
with uncharted 4 id pay 800bucks for a ps4 xbob id probably pay around 250 for
#65 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

Assuming they play used games, aren't saturated in DLC and DRM, and doesn't have unfinished games that need to be supplimented by $100 in DLC to have the complete game, me buying them is totally based on what kind of games are available for in during their launch windows. If it has one game that I really, really want and at least 2 others I want I'd pay up to $300. I'm not counting on either the new XBOX or PS4 being that cheap at launch, not even close. Therefore I will likely get them several years after release when they are cheaper and have a great selection of games. . . I hope.

#66 Posted by BranKetra (47751 posts) -
$300
#67 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I'm not getting either system at launch. I no longer purchase anything from Sony Computer Entertainment or Microsoft new. If I ever want a Playstation 4 or Xbox 3 I will get them used, like I did my Vita.
#68 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73564 posts) -
Day one regardless of price.
#69 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -
I'm assuming most of these prices are in USD? It's crazy how little people are willing to pay, considering the specifications they expect the systems to have...
#70 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

£250

#71 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
300$.
#72 Posted by xxBenblasterxx (70 posts) -

I want to be first in line at my nearest gaming store midnight at the launch of the Xbox(720) and for that experience i'd be willing to pay up to something around £400 (so long as theres some launch titles bundled). I'd excpect to be paying around this price point based on the launch price of the WiiU and the price of luanch for the previous generation. 

Even though Sony and Microsoft my be feeling a squeeze from PC gaming and IOS and Android gaming, i think they can still push us consumers to this price, as the people of this thread seem to agree. 

#73 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

I'm probably going to stick with my current PC + Nintendo setup, which manages to get most exclusives, and multi-plats at their highest quality.

I always end up getting a Nintendo console anyway, because of Zelda and Metroid.

#74 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

If they really would price the PS3 THAT high again like the PS2 was at launch it would show they have learned nothing out of past errors, I mean, did everybody forget the former Sony Chef got fired because of his ridiculous price policy?

#75 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Probably $300/400. Im going to wait a year or two for some games to come out before I buy a new console. Im still debating wether I should get an xbox or PS. I will just have to wait and see. 

#76 Posted by Bigboi500 (29060 posts) -

I'm assuming most of these prices are in USD? It's crazy how little people are willing to pay, considering the specifications they expect the systems to have...Skinon
A lot of us are still content with what our current systems can deliver, and there will still be games made for these systems for years to come (at least for PS3). And then there's the probability that the launch window for these new systems won't be overflowing with games, so I can see why so many people aren't standing in line to buy new consoles right now.

The end of generations always have a lot of quality software, and personally I'd rather spend that $400 on a bunch of games for my PS3, Vita, 3DS and Wii U instead of on another new system with very few games. When PS4 comes out this holiday season, the other systems will be loaded down with great games to buy.

#77 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I don't buy at launch. Early adopters are overrated. Regardless, I'd pick one up after a year or two and would be willing to pay $400 at that point in time.

#78 Posted by Megavideogamer (5274 posts) -

I bought the Xbox 360 For $400.00 brand new. And my first Playstation 3 was a brand new $400.00. Way back when the PS3 40Gb model was brand new.

So $400.00 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles. Plus the cost of a game. $59.99

So if Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 consoles are $399.99 at launch and then the cost of a game. $59.99 for a PS4 or Xbox 720 game.

Even though I expect both consoles to be expensive. So I will have to choose between Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 since both are supposed to be somewhat equal in power. And same in cost?

So I guess whichever one is released first? PS4 or Xbox 720 tough call since I have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Both consoles for the 8th generation are having the same processor. So it may come down to which games during launch.

I will get both consoles eventually. But I will have a tough choice to decide if they both launch in 2013. PS4 seems to be launching in 2013 for North America and Japan. If Xbox 720 launches in the traditional November timeline that Xbox and Xbox 360 did.

So $450.00 - $500 is my launch budget for this year. So I just have to decide which console to get. Playstation 4 or Xbox 720?