How many watts does PS2 slim use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rain_of_Miami (3102 posts) -
Topic. o^_^o
#2 Posted by havokmaster (4304 posts) -
Approximately 45W according to this site here...
#3 Posted by Rain_of_Miami (3102 posts) -
Never mind. It's 563 watts. Not quite sure how you got 45 watts there buddy.
#4 Posted by Gamerkat (1693 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rain_of_Miami"]Never mind. It's 563 watts. Not quite sure how you got 45 watts there buddy.

it doesnt use 563 watts, are you crazy? My gaming computer, which is clocked like 15 times more than the ps2 is only using like 400 watts
#5 Posted by kit352 (592 posts) -
ive got a meter the displays running watts. i dont have a slim but the fatty runs at 39w and standbys at 3w.
#6 Posted by slimdave21 (2646 posts) -

Never mind. It's 563 watts. Not quite sure how you got 45 watts there buddy.Rain_of_Miami

Ummm, No. To find the Wattage of the PS2 you take the Amperage which is 8.5A and multiply it by the Voltage, 5.3 Volts.

So the slimline PS2 uses 45.05 Watts.

#7 Posted by Rain_of_Miami (3102 posts) -
ive got a meter the displays running watts. i dont have a slim but the fatty runs at 39w and standbys at 3w.kit352
The fat P'S. 2's have it written "on the power cable" that they consume 875 watts to run. You're telling me your little "meter" is going to defy the official calculations made by the very people who made the product? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. As for the other geniuses: To get watts: Multiply Input volts x output amps. This is stuff they teach you in grade 6 science... I am so not replying in this topic any more. I answered my own question, anyway. o^_^o 'Cause I'm cools beans.
#8 Posted by SadAngelman (379 posts) -
Ive got an original fat ps2, pal version & it says on the back that it uses 50 watts.
#9 Posted by DopeyDavoid (5375 posts) -
[QUOTE="kit352"]ive got a meter the displays running watts. i dont have a slim but the fatty runs at 39w and standbys at 3w.Rain_of_Miami
The fat P'S. 2's have it written "on the power cable" that they consume 875 watts to run. You're telling me your little "meter" is going to defy the official calculations made by the very people who made the product? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. As for the other geniuses: To get watts: Multiply Input volts x output amps. This is stuff they teach you in grade 6 science... I am so not replying in this topic any more. I answered my own question, anyway. o^_^o 'Cause I'm cools beans.

Thats what the power cable takes. It is transformed to a lower power so it doesn't blow it to pieces.
#10 Posted by kit352 (592 posts) -
and thats why he stepped away from the thread. sadly 6th grade science doesnt teach common sense or respect.
#11 Posted by Gamerkat (1693 posts) -
Your ps2 uses about 45 watts. Dont get mad at us for telling you the right answer.
#12 Posted by fredjc81 (0 posts) -
what is writen on a power supply is the maximum wattage output it can handle not what the device it powers runs at. if u want to know the power consumption of the device u need a meter such as the "kill a watt" meter that tigerdirect and newegg sell. the meter plugs into the and u plug the power suply with the device conected to it and the display on the meter shows the power consumption in watts