How many of you guys REALLY liked Dishonored?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Sefrix (876 posts) -

It was fine yes. If it had been longer I don't think I could have kept playing, but short and sweet, sure. It of course had a lot more potential however.

#52 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5633 posts) -

I loved Dishonored

#53 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

I really liked Dishonored so that it kind of made me preorder Thief... (I'll be getting it in the next days). But as likewise I found Dishonored better than Bioshock Inf, I guess I'll find it superior to Thief, too...

I didn't play the two Dishonored DLCs yet, though, on the one hand due to their price (10 euros each on Steam), on the other since they don't feature Corvo as playable character anymore...

#54 Posted by Mesomorphin (821 posts) -

I really liked Dishonored so that it kind of made me preorder Thief... (I'll be getting it in the next days). But as likewise I found Dishonored better than Bioshock Inf, I guess I'll find it superior to Thief, too...

I didn't play the two Dishonored DLCs yet, though, on the one hand due to their price (10 euros each on Steam), on the other since they don't feature Corvo as playable character anymore...

Question....how could you compare a stealth game to all out storydriven action game like Bioshock? you cant tell me the weapons or the powers....because Bioshock infinite has many of the same and better, with alot more variety aswell.

#55 Edited by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@VintAge68 said:

Question....how could you compare a stealth game to all out storydriven action game like Bioshock? you cant tell me the weapons or the powers....because Bioshock infinite has many of the same and better, with alot more variety aswell.

Bishock Inf reminded me of BioInf in both setting and story, only that I found Corvo Attano the more convincing character--acting out of vengeance and loyalty--compared to mere merc Booker de Witt. One can also see some parallel in Emily-Elizabeth, only that Dishonored's plot (to me) is humanly more plausible than BioInf's esoteric one. Also, I didn't find Dishonored that much a stealth-only game since mostly you start a mission stealthily for ending up killing everyone anyway.... ;]

#56 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@VintAge68 said:

Bishock Inf reminded me of BioInf in both setting and story, only that I found Corvo Attano the more convincing character--acting out of vengeance and loyalty--compared to mere merc Booker de Witt. One can also see some parallel in Emily-Elizabeth, only that Dishonored's plot (to me) is humanly more plausible than BioInf's esoteric one. Also, I didn't find Dishonored that much a stealth-only game since mostly you start stealthily for ending up killing everyone anyway.... ;]

How is Corvo a convincing character? He doesn't say a damn word. Booker has pages and pages of lines. Almost by default Booker is the more immersive character.

#57 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

@VintAge68 said:

@mesomorphin said:

@VintAge68 said:

Bishock Inf reminded me of BioInf in both setting and story, only that I found Corvo Attano the more convincing character--acting out of vengeance and loyalty--compared to mere merc Booker de Witt. One can also see some parallel in Emily-Elizabeth, only that Dishonored's plot (to me) is humanly more plausible than BioInf's esoteric one. Also, I didn't find Dishonored that much a stealth-only game since mostly you start stealthily for ending up killing everyone anyway.... ;]

How is Corvo a convincing character? He doesn't say a damn word. Booker has pages and pages of lines. Almost by default Booker is the more immersive character.

So you think talking alone matters? The motives behind his actuation make Corvo way more convincing for me whereas those of Booker never become really clear.

#58 Posted by Mesomorphin (821 posts) -

@ShadowsDemon said:

@VintAge68 said:

@mesomorphin said:

@VintAge68 said:

So you think talking alone matters? The motives behind his actuation make Corvo way more convincing for me whereas those of Booker never become really clear.

Iam not arguing anything here, but Booker atleast to me was a much MUCH better character. Its all really thanks to he's convincing voice acting tbh