How long is Final Fantasy VI?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I played it years ago, but I can't remember how long it was. 40 hours? 60 hours? I'm wondering if I'd be able to fit in a playthrough before FF XIII comes out...

dyer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dyer85
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
IIRC, FFXIII will be reased on 9 March 2010, so that gives you roughly seven weeks to complete FFVI. It's definitely doable, but it depends on how often you'll get to play. I don't remember how many hours I had, but the first time I played it (a couple years ago, actually), I only played on and off for a couple weeks. But at about half-way through the game, I really powered through. So, I think it took me about four weeks, total. It should be even less, if all you want is to just go through the story.
txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

I just finished the game on my first playthrough, clocked up 35 hrs. for story.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I know one person who managed to pull an all-nighter with the game... 24 hours from start to ending. It was a co-op effort though... and I'm pretty sure they skipped all but the most necessary things (like trying to get all the rages for Gau, that useless 'tard), and the like. However, if you did try to legitimately grind your way to get everything for everyone (all of Mog's dances, Gau's Rages, ultimate items from colosseum, etc.), the game could definitely give you plenty of hours of play.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I've gone as quick as 20 and as long as more than the clock will continue on(I'm thinking that was 100 hours).

slayer1221x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slayer1221x
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
it took me roughly around 50 hours to beat it just playin at night after school and everything...but my bro can beat it in like 20 hours if he sets his mind to it..so yea u should have plenty of time to beat it before FFXlll.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I beaten it in 24 hours, didn't get all the rages and best items though.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#9 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I went through recentley and did every side thing that I could and ended up clocking in at around 65 hours.
Avatar image for ChampionOfLight
ChampionOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChampionOfLight
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts

Same with me. I clocked in around 65 hours. Lots of people can miss the many side things that can be done in the World of Ruin in their dash to complete the game. Also as mentioned, getting all the characters' special attacks and such. It all adds up.

GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts
Over 30 hours.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I was pretty thorough with it and seem to recollect it taking right around 50 hrs. Don't rush youself and get less of an experience by setting a deadline would be my recommendation.
infested_ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 infested_ramza
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

My first time through I played 70 hours, because I wanted a fairly complete game. I can speedrun it in about 20-25 hours, but I'd say 50 hours is a good estimate of how long it is to just beat the game and get some good stuff along the way.

Rock_Roberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rock_Roberts
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts
I had a choice of either FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX-II (I have FFX, but can't find it, as well as FFXII, and FF XI for the 360- but that's XBL and I don't have XBL), and FFXIII to play right now. I've beat FFVII, FFIX, FFX, and FFXIII. I think I'm going to try to beat this one. I don't really like to power through games. I like to have a mainly complete game. With FFIX, I had about 87+ hours into it with three of my main party people at Level 99 and all four of my main party hitting at 9999 with beating Ozma and Hades without dying once or losing any one (Ozma took me a total of 6 minutes to beat and Hades took me about 4-5 minutes to beat). Is VI like VII where the bosses and monster become harder to beat the higher your level is on the game?
SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

I had a choice of either FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX-II (I have FFX, but can't find it, as well as FFXII, and FF XI for the 360- but that's XBL and I don't have XBL), and FFXIII to play right now. I've beat FFVII, FFIX, FFX, and FFXIII. I think I'm going to try to beat this one. I don't really like to power through games. I like to have a mainly complete game. With FFIX, I had about 87+ hours into it with three of my main party people at Level 99 and all four of my main party hitting at 9999 with beating Ozma and Hades without dying once or losing any one (Ozma took me a total of 6 minutes to beat and Hades took me about 4-5 minutes to beat). Is VI like VII where the bosses and monster become harder to beat the higher your level is on the game?Rock_Roberts

Way to bump an almost two-year-old thread.

But to correct you, in VII the bosses do NOT become harder to beat the higher your level is. The only exception to this is for every character you have at level 99 Safer Sephiroth's stats go up a lot - well, his health increase is the only substantial difference with an additional 30k HP for each lvl 99 character.

Rock_Roberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rock_Roberts
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

[QUOTE="Rock_Roberts"]I had a choice of either FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX-II (I have FFX, but can't find it, as well as FFXII, and FF XI for the 360- but that's XBL and I don't have XBL), and FFXIII to play right now. I've beat FFVII, FFIX, FFX, and FFXIII. I think I'm going to try to beat this one. I don't really like to power through games. I like to have a mainly complete game. With FFIX, I had about 87+ hours into it with three of my main party people at Level 99 and all four of my main party hitting at 9999 with beating Ozma and Hades without dying once or losing any one (Ozma took me a total of 6 minutes to beat and Hades took me about 4-5 minutes to beat). Is VI like VII where the bosses and monster become harder to beat the higher your level is on the game?SpikeyAss

Way to bump an almost two-year-old thread.

But to correct you, in VII the bosses do NOT become harder to beat the higher your level is. The only exception to this is for every character you have at level 99 Safer Sephiroth's stats go up a lot - well, his health increase is the only substantial difference with an additional 30k HP for each lvl 99 character.

Thanks, lol. I was always told that the higher your levels are, the harder the bosses was in FFVII. I've beat it, took me about 6 months (gave it about a three month rest at the very end because I couldn't beat it, then got the two missing summons or what ever they are called in the game). I thought it was the best game ever. Now, it kinda ranks towards the bottom of my list. I mean, if my list was an OMG moment list, then it would be at the top. But FFIX is at the top with X below that and XIII below that, well, maybe XIII is below VII, but either or, you get the point, lol. I had a 45 minute save on my memory card. I forgot that I tried to play this game a long time ago and never picked it back up. Oh well, It's only 45 minutes, I wasn't that too far into it.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

It took me about 40 hours