How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

How is your SNES gaming going? Post whatever related to it, here.

SNES is one of my all-time favorite console. Depending on my mood, the SNES and NES duke it out for my #1 favorite console of all-time spot. Some of the best games ever made were on this system. And it has a comfortable, sturdy controller as well as very reliable hardware.

It's a shame that SNES collecting has becoming so expensive, lately, though. It used to be one of the consoles that was actually cheaper to collect for (not counting the always expensive JRPGs), which used to be a big plus for the system. Oh well, glad I'm got some of the best titles on the system, while they were still affordable.

I just recently downloaded Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG on Wii Virtual Console. Soooo much hype surrounding those games. I really hope they can live up to the expectations.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
The last game I got for the SNES was Rock n' Roll Racing a few months ago or so. I have most of the cheaper games I want so I haven't been buying much for it. There are more I'd like to get like Hagane and Metal Warriors but I have to see them for a good price that I may just end up playing them by other means eventually.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#3 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
SNES is an awesome console. It might have been my favourite Nintendo console, but the GBA SP took its place there. I don't have an actual SNES now, but these days I've been playing the SNES version of Sunset Riders using emulation. Oh yay :)
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Just started collecting for the SNES system again this summer. Still had some decent titles from 20 years ago so I didn't have to start from scratch. I think its the only console that I will even attempt getting a complete collection. It will be tough but I look at it as a life long goal and not something that needs to be done in a few years. I think I'm about half way through Legend of Zelda: Link to the past. Got Final Fantasy 2 and 3 coming in the mail so I'm excited to finally get to play those two games. Probably going to go on a GTA5 binge in two weeks, but after that finish some more SNES adventures. WHo here has the biggest collection right now? Anyone over 100 yet?
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I used to play a ton of Snes when I was a kid and it is definitely one of my favorite consoles. I picked up a Snes a few weeks ago and have been gaming a bit with it. Played a lot of Street Fighter II, beat Yoshi's Safari with the super scope, played some super mario all stars and super mario world, just ordered a copy of Mega Man X that I'll be playing through as soon as it gets here.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
Good to see the real one posting threads, took the mods long enough.
has a comfortable, sturdy controller as well as very reliable hardware.Emerald_Warrior
It's not bad, but those Shoulder Buttons are not the most sturdy Shoulder Buttons. The SNES has quite a few great games, a large chunk still are as fun to play as they were back in the day. But the collection prices make no sense, they are inflated for no reason, the SNES is not in the top highly sought out consoles to collect for yet it has games that cost more than quite a few games that have had low print runs. The same is starting to happen with Saturn games slowly. Why am I going to pay $60+ for a used Sonic R or Final Fight 2? So it's going slow to answer your question TC.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Just hooked mine up again. Been playing X-Men Mutant Apocalypse.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

Going real good, picked up a SNES at Goodwill for $10 and one at a yardsale with 11 games for $25 within the past 2 months. Im up to about 60 cartridges all from thrift stores and yard sales! 

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

All digital for me. I don't know why, but I really just don't give a crap about cartridges or playing them on my SNES. Only physical copy I own is Star Wars. Still enjoy playing Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past and Super Mario World from time to time

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I don't have a SNES... however my girlfriend's sister has one so I might play it one of these days.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

All digital for me. I don't know why, but I really just don't give a crap about cartridges or playing them on my SNES. Only physical copy I own is Star Wars. Still enjoy playing Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past and Super Mario World from time to time

Lost-to-Apathy
I have no problem owning them digital but so many SNES games don't have that option(legally that is).
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

How is your SNES gaming going? Post whatever related to it, here.

SNES is one of my all-time favorite console. Depending on my mood, the SNES and NES duke it out for my #1 favorite console of all-time spot. Some of the best games ever made were on this system. And it has a comfortable, sturdy controller as well as very reliable hardware.

It's a shame that SNES collecting has becoming so expensive, lately, though. It used to be one of the consoles that was actually cheaper to collect for (not counting the always expensive JRPGs), which used to be a big plus for the system. Oh well, glad I'm got some of the best titles on the system, while they were still affordable.

I just recently downloaded Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG on Wii Virtual Console. Soooo much hype surrounding those games. I really hope they can live up to the expectations.

Emerald_Warrior

Super Mario RPG is awesome. Charming and fun.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Eikichi-Onizuka
I have no problem owning them digital but so many SNES games don't have that option(legally that is).

Yeah, I know what you mean. Oh, well. At least most of the best ones are available in some form.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Going real good, picked up a SNES at Goodwill for $10 and one at a yardsale with 11 games for $25 within the past 2 months. Im up to about 60 cartridges all from thrift stores and yard sales!

JuanGrande386

That is amazing! Where do you live? I think my next road trip might be to your area.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

Emerald_Warrior

That is amazing! Where do you live? I think my next road trip might be to your area.

LOL try thrift stores and yardsales and ask if they have games. Youd be surprised! Also just a warning, theres alot who think they can ask Ebay prices even though they arent paying any type of fees because its a yardsale or it was donated and they paid nothing for it. As was the case today at Goodwill when they had Waynes World for NES with a $75 sticker on it! I bought a stack of 14 NES for $3 apiece, manager asks if I saw the ones in the case, I said "im not giving Goodwill $75 for an old Nintendo game that you paid nothing for even if it does go for that much!" 

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

SNES, N64 and 3DS are the only consoles I own now. Been trying to Level 3 on Starfox ( What a hard path) and Simcity a lot lately. Just got done beating DC2 the otyher day. Yeah, its going well. 

Avatar image for abcdefgabcdefgz
abcdefgabcdefgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 abcdefgabcdefgz
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts

I paid a lot to get a few games I want on snes before they disappear. Mainly only games I still think I can play without save states and there arent a whole lot of snes games I think I practically would want to own for the prices they go for now. I got super metroid, chrono trigger, all the good rpgs except of course over priced ones like earthbound

Avatar image for abcdefgabcdefgz
abcdefgabcdefgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 abcdefgabcdefgz
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts

Are good will stores good places to check for games? Maybe I should go check there. The problem though is a lot of snes games I dont really care to own like sports games and a lot of the garbage that you generally see. I already have most of the games I wanted.