How expensive are Consoles in your area?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

I cant help but notice, that whilst everyone has gone on about how much cheaper the ps4 is! In Australia it appears to the complete opposite! A Ps4 system with no games, is around $550, however a Xbox one with 3 games is only $500...alternatively you could pay $600 for a ps4 and receive 2 games, but should you pay $600 with a Xbox one you will receive 4 games. Same goes with Xbox 360's and ps3's. What are your thoughts and what are the prices in your area?

Xbox ONE

PS4

#3 Posted by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

Well, PS4 do have games. Anyways, it's $550 here in my country too. Just the console, no offers.

Man, thats such a rip.

#4 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

The normal, 300 (used), 400 (new).

#5 Posted by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

Hey can I ask, what is your signature about? thats the original GS crew right?

#6 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@behardy24 said:

Hey can I ask, what is your signature about? thats the original GS crew right?

Yea, everyone in the sig is all old staff. Back in 2004 (where that banner originate from), the staff use to put photoshopped banners for every new week of a show and original editorial content. It was super rad and cool in my book. Here is another example:

One of their first shows was "Let's GameSpot" which was a compilation of news,preview,reviews, and other content all packed in a tv show style. The show wasn't too great since it was heavily scripted, but it okay. They rebooted the show and made "On the Spot", it contain the same content as "Let's GameSpot", but it everyone on it seem to be winging it which made it entertaining. In my opinion, it was darn near perfect for even today.

Most of the staff has either moved on to game development or go on to GiantBomb. The only person working there from the OG crew still is Ryan MacDonald (He is in the signature, towards the back. Here is a picture for reference:

Ryan started working in 1996 (when the site just started up) and still works there to this day as a producer behind-the-camera. The videos they all made back in 2004, GameSpot use to sell dvds with their videos all packed on it, here's an ebay example. They use to have a lot more from what I remember and use to give them away as prizes, but I can't find any as of right now on the internet.

Hope this helped :)

#7 Posted by marlobc (804 posts) -

@behardy24:

Thats great , i remember Ryan covering e3 before chris , saw him covering comic con too

#8 Edited by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

@behardy24 Yeah I wasnt huge into GS back then, but I do remember Jeff Gerstmann being the face of the website, and it was a damn shame back in 06? when that whole kane and lynch bullshit when up. Was sad to see Alex leave aswell. Back when reviews felt more personal and real.

#10 Edited by kingcrimson24 (737 posts) -

I'm in Iran and Consoles never officially launch here .and Amazon never ships to iran .

. some people bring them from another country ( close places like Turkey or dubai ) and sell it for a higher price .

PS4 and Xbox one (400$ models ) are about 1,700,000 tomans which means about 520$ !

#11 Posted by xxninja666xx (720 posts) -

In Poland PS4 costs 1700PLN. When converted to US Dollars, it's 556$, but when compared to the average earnings in this country, it's more like in Brazil, where you have to pay 1800$ for it.

Xbone isn't available here, so I obviously can't tell you the price. Microsoft decided to shit on us and never released it in Poland. There are rumors that they'll release it September this year, but imho it's just as laughable as not releasing it the same time as in other countries, if it's true.

#12 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

PS4/X1 700 bucks, Wii U 550/600 bucks

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

PS4 is R6000 and Wii U is R4500....... According to the exchange rate thats about.... $600 and $450

#14 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@behardy24 Yeah I wasnt huge into GS back then, but I do remember Jeff Gerstmann being the face of the website, and it was a damn shame back in 06? when that whole kane and lynch bullshit when up. Was sad to see Alex leave aswell. Back when reviews felt more personal and real.

It was back in early 08. Yea, it was shame and it was big deal across the internet, but at least we now got GiantBomb.

#15 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

@marlobc said:

@behardy24:

Thats great , i remember Ryan covering e3 before chris , saw him covering comic con too

Yea, he did a lot of on-air stuff back then. Nowadays, he comes on a handful of Now Playing, but none more unfortunately. Wish he would host more.

#16 Posted by Jacanuk (6903 posts) -

In UK you can get a PS4 for £349 and a X1 for £390 with Kinect and £349 without.

So they are not that expensive.

#17 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7886 posts) -

Standard US price + 9% Cali tax :\

#18 Edited by Old_Gooseberry (3957 posts) -

In Canada...

the ps4 is $449

the xbox one (no kinect) is $399

the xbox 360 (250gb) is $299

the ps3 (500gb) is $270

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

The prices most of you are getting are pretty awesome

#20 Edited by winsta (25 posts) -

PS4, XB1 & WiiU ~$680

PS3 & X360 ~$370

These are the price of consoles in INDIA, although WiiU is not officially released.

#21 Posted by araksik (534 posts) -

PS4 is around 670 dollars in Norway, I think?

#22 Edited by Jacanuk (6903 posts) -

@araksik said:

PS4 is around 670 dollars in Norway, I think?

Close 655$ or 4000 Norwegian Krones.

#23 Edited by Mesomorphin (902 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

700! shit dude where do you live? New Zealand?.....Italy?

#24 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

700! shit dude where do you live? New Zealand?.....Italy?

Look in my signature :)

#25 Posted by Flubbbs (4277 posts) -

399 each.. about 440 total with tax

#26 Edited by torenojohn7 (502 posts) -

The only reason i'm a PC gamer is because i couldn't afford to buy consoles.. PS3&xbox 360 were initially selling at like 425$! WTF? that's not as affordable as a ps2!

I figured out that i could play HD games&do all my internet stuff much cheaper if i build my own rig instead of shelling money on consoles or branded PC's.

Ps4 costs around 664$ right now.. unless i get filthy rich in one night i can't afford that! i'm sticking to my good'ol PC.