How excited (or not excited) are you for the next gen of consoles (PS4/XB1)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll How excited (or not excited) are you for the next gen of consoles (PS4/XB1)? (37 votes)

Very excited! I can't wait for PS4/XB1 to hit! I want one Day 1. 32%
Fairly excited, but I could wait a few months to buy one when better games hit the market 5%
Somewhat excited, but I may wait a year or so for a price-drop & better game catalogues. 19%
They're ok, I'll likely buy one eventually but they don't seem like a massive leap over last gen. 19%
Not that excited. I'm happy with last-gen consoles (PS3/360/Wii) for now, lots of great last-gen games I still haven't played. Wouldn't buy a PS4/XB1 unless I'm forced to because they stop making games for PS3/360. 14%
The new consoles SUCK! They look like overpriced pieces of garbabe. 11%

Just wondering how excited gamers are for this next gen of consoles with the PS4 and Xbox One. Discuss your excitement (or non-excitement below).

Myself, I chose "They're ok, I'll likely buy one eventually but they don't seem like a massive leap over last gen." The new hardware is just ok, they don't change the way we play games and all the games I've seen don't look too different from the best current-gen games. I just don't see much value in them for me at this point. I'm much more excited for the Oculus Rift. Once I get through every good current gen game I want to play the I'll consider buying a PS4/XB1.

• 
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

This is been the first time in years I haven't cared at all about a console release

It'll be a long time before i pick up either

BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BARRICADE_28
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

I apologize, I forgot to factor the PC into my poll responses.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

As it stands right now, there is only one game of interest between those two consoles (inFAMOUS Second Son)

Wii U, on the other hand, is offering a strong line up. So it's alleviating the wait until those consoles start picking up a stronger library. Even my PS3 is getting more games at this point (Ultra Street Fighter IV, Dark Souls II)

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Not interested at all. Most new games seem to be predictable action/shooter games. I've never owned a sony console, so I'd rather get a ps3 to play all the exclusives on it, including some ps2 titles. I'll also be getting some indie games on the pc. PC and ps3 is the way I'm going now. maybe if next gen games become a little more unique and creative I'll start getting interested.

Samakii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Samakii
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

They lost me with no backwards compatibility. I'll just stick with my ps3 until no support or until Wii U finally gets some 3rd party support.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

I'm not all that excited. But I'm not easily excited. Besides, I figure it'd be better to wait until they work out all the inevitable kinks and have some games I really want. And I'm always late to the party anyway.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm super-excited for the launch of the Xbone next Friday. I have it preordered and can't wait to play Ryse, Forza 5, AC IV, BF 4, and COD Ghosts. I'm also anticipating next year's release slate, including Watch Dogs and Titanfall.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#9 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

It's cool that a new console generation has come but I'll wait till some games worth a new console come out. It's pretty bad that the PS4's best games are available on current gen consoles

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Not really excited to be honest.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Very excited for the Xbox. Going to pick it up with Dead Rising and Forza and Killer Instinct. I'm open to trying RYSE, but not going to Day One that game unless it comes out to stellar reviews. And honestly, I just can't see that happening. But, we'll see sometime this week.

The PS4 I picked up on release day. It's less exciting right now since most of the must-play games don't come out for a few months. Once Destiny and Watch Dogs and most importantly InFamous come out, excitement will ramp up significantly. Still, looking forward to actually getting to play it (it's my Christmas gift).

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i buy PS4 next year i am excitied for next gen era i hope buy and xbox1 on the future

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I'm loving the launch, and the only game I have is Resogun. The game is crack and will be keeping me busy until other game start hitting, and after that.

Salt101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Salt101010
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

I'm excited, but I couldn't pick it up on day one (the PS4). I'm more excited to play next-gen FIFA then anything :P

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Not excited at all. Not really anticipating amazing games, just because they have a more powerful machine to work on. This gen's banal shit boring games are not the result of old hardware. The devs could have made great games on PS3/360. Instead they wanted to make CoDs, Fallout 3s and Mass Effects. They will continue to make the same shit, just with better graphics.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I'm really pumped for next gen even though I also game on PC I am excited with the exclusives that are coming and graphically I'm more impressed than I was initially.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@pillarrocks said:

Not really excited to be honest.

This. Nothing really exciting makes me want to shell out $600 - $700 as far as launch titles go. Still playing catch up, enjoying last gen honestly. I'll probably jump into current gen another 2 - 3 years from now once a few 'system selling' games drop and they work out all the console bugs.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm very excited about the Xbox One I'm getting it this Friday what more can I say really pumped up for it and I hope all the launch titles get good reviews.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Very excited for the Xbox. Going to pick it up with Dead Rising and Forza and Killer Instinct. I'm open to trying RYSE, but not going to Day One that game unless it comes out to stellar reviews. And honestly, I just can't see that happening. But, we'll see sometime this week.

The PS4 I picked up on release day. It's less exciting right now since most of the must-play games don't come out for a few months. Once Destiny and Watch Dogs and most importantly InFamous come out, excitement will ramp up significantly. Still, looking forward to actually getting to play it (it's my Christmas gift).

Oh, Ryse will be slaughtered by critics, but I think KI will too. Still, my launch day haul is similar to your own, just add in Ryse and AC4: Black Flag. Just know this, if we play Dead Rising 3 together, I will wear the banana hammock.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@Randolph said:

Oh, Ryse will be slaughtered by critics, but I think KI will too. Still, my launch day haul is similar to your own, just add in Ryse and AC4: Black Flag. Just know this, if we play Dead Rising 3 together, I will wear the banana hammock.

The banana hammock is a funny one. Preferably with a top hat and a funny pair of boots (cowboy or combat).

In the first game, I'd usually keep Frank in a 3 piece grey suit with a shaved head so he looked a lot like Lex Luthor. Up until I unlocked all the bonus gear and got the Hockey Mask anyway.

Chuck was usually a cowboy. Yeehaw.

I grabbed Black Flag too, but I got it on the PS4. Gotta have something to play on that one.

I thought, briefly, about adding RYSE just to get all three of the DAY ONE EDITIONS. Then I came to my senses and realized how silly that was when I hadn't been impressed with gameplay videos thus far. Then of course the last one actually looked kinda fun. So who knows?

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Waiting for 2 games that I want to play to be released. So far 0.

The next big Final Fantasy is the only thing on the horizon at moment, I think it's going to be a while. Watchdogs... Hmmm... I'm not mad over games like that but knowing me i'll end up picking it up late. It looks like I'm going to be using my PC for many months.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I will buy both when Watch Dogs is out otherwise ill stick to PC.

So overall i am not that excited which is mainly because of the lineup, cant believe that both consoles are going for such a bad lineup.