How do you think Adam Orth feels today?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Phantom_Leo (7087 posts) -

After yesterday's debacle?

#2 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

I'd say he feels always on and always connected :)

#3 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
The guy was a bit of a douche, but I can see Microsoft themselves saying much the same things (albeit in a more corporate-speak manner) in the near future.
#4 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19035 posts) -
Like a sailor who was fired the day before the Titanic sailed
#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74270 posts) -
Why did they fire him when he was right about it?
#6 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
Why did they fire him when he was right about it?The_Last_Ride
Because he acted like a meanie-head about it.
#7 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Probably because he still leaked the features even if he didn't know it or not and drew a TON of negative press to it.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74270 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Why did they fire him when he was right about it?Canvas_Of_Flesh
Because he acted like a meanie-head about it.

But what Xbox showed yesterday was a giant spit to the face of gamers, you would think they would want people like that in the company
#9 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
Like a sailor who was fired the day before the Titanic sailedBlack_Knight_00
lol thats a good point.
#10 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Like a sailor who was fired the day before the Titanic sailedRattlesnake_8
lol thats a good point.

Eh, not really. He was fired (or "persuaded to resign", whatever) from a presumably well-paying job at one of the biggest companies in the world. He also blacklisted himself from some future jobs since companies will google him and the first thing they'll see is "this guy is a giant douchebag". I'm sure he still regrets saying anything.
#11 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19035 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Like a sailor who was fired the day before the Titanic sailedJML897
lol thats a good point.

Eh, not really. He was fired (or "persuaded to resign", whatever) from a presumably well-paying job at one of the biggest companies in the world. He also blacklisted himself from some future jobs since companies will google him and the first thing they'll see is "this guy is a giant douchebag". I'm sure he still regrets saying anything.

I doubt multinationals blacklist people for being douchebags.
#12 Posted by lozengez (443 posts) -

I'm hoping hungover and wondering who took the cans from his grocery cart.

#13 Posted by coasterguy65 (6251 posts) -

Wondering which music he is going to play on the Orange Line to get some scratch? 

#14 Posted by Metamania (12025 posts) -

MS probably wanted to control the damage that he did and in doing so, tried to stop the leakage from happening (which was too little, too late).

#15 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19035 posts) -

lozengez
lol man that's COLD :lol: Though I kinda hope he's living in Nebraska right now
#16 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Like a douche, as usual.
#17 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"] lol thats a good point.Black_Knight_00

You serious? They absolutely would blacklist people for being potential PR nightmares.

#18 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Rich... still.

#19 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

I can't imagine anyone feeling like being fired from the Xbone project would consider it anything but a blessing.

Orth is still an assh0le, though. An out of touch, city boy, little punk ass hipster assh0le.

#20 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19035 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="JML897"] Eh, not really. He was fired (or "persuaded to resign", whatever) from a presumably well-paying job at one of the biggest companies in the world. He also blacklisted himself from some future jobs since companies will google him and the first thing they'll see is "this guy is a giant douchebag". I'm sure he still regrets saying anything. JML897

You serious? They absolutely would blacklist people for being potential PR nightmares.

The industry is full of employed PR nightmares
#21 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
[QUOTE="lozengez"]

Black_Knight_00
lol man that's COLD :lol: Though I kinda hope he's living in Nebraska right now

Yeah, hopefully somewhere with spotty internet connection so he can't keep up with the mandatory Xbox One internet logins. That'd be appropriate poetic justice.
#22 Posted by valium88 (4455 posts) -
Like a sailor who was fired the day before the Titanic sailedBlack_Knight_00
Titanic sank though, and so did he.
#23 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

in all fairness, the new box isn't always online. it's online once every 24 hours. i have a sh*t connection, but it almost never goes down for more than a few hours.

i still have no idea why i'd want such a requirement. i'm certainly not going to just #dealwithit (unless you count playing games on other hardware instead, but that's more due to other factors).

#24 Posted by donalbane (16376 posts) -
He's probably really depressed that he didn't get to be a part of a major transition for a company he worked for.
#25 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

He was never fired. He left of his own accord.

#26 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19035 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Why did they fire him when he was right about it?c_rake

In other words he has been suicided
#27 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Why did they fire him when he was right about it?c_rake

Technically. Something tells me he didn't really have a choice.
#28 Posted by c_rakestraw (14775 posts) -

Sorry the intrusion, but the board's almost flooded with threads about the new Xbox. Need to lock down some topics to restore some order to the board.