How do you get good at Fifa 14?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Slannmage (5609 posts) -

I got it with my Xbox One along with Forza as some promotion thing with the Day One Edition here in the UK and just decided to play it. I got beaten by the A.I as it was downloading by like 10- 0 lol, the controls are more complicated than StarCraft, I really didn't think a console game could be so complicated. The last Football game I played was Actua Soccer 2 on the Playstation and I don't remember Football games back then being complicated.

Any ways any tips?

#2 Edited by CapnXtraObvious (506 posts) -

You start by playing FIFA '99. Then move up.

#3 Posted by DavidSchmidt (50 posts) -

Just practice man.

#4 Posted by sukraj (24414 posts) -

yeah keep practising

#5 Posted by killev (657 posts) -

it becomes much easier if ur a fan of soccer and watch soccer games , you get an idea on how to pass and be creative. Only option for you is to practice on amateur mode first then move up.

#6 Posted by Carl_W21 (2021 posts) -

Start on lowest AI level, get used to the buttons, they don't close you down as quick, more time on the ball and you can learn and develop basic techniques.

It doesn't sound like your into football games or watch it. So just try have fun with it, when it starts to get easy, move up a level.

There are also skill games and training games on FIFA 14, try these also, just take it slow, there is a lot to take in, even though to me it seems a basic game, I have been playing since like FIFA '96. I don't even know half the skill moves ! I know most of celebrations though haha !

Also every game you play will pan out differently, because their are a variety of formation and tactic combinations and every player is different so a game can turn out any way ! So just get used to knowing when to use direct pass or through ball, when to play 1/2/3 up front, to go attacking or defensive, to apply high pressure etc.... when to bend it round keeper or smash it in the back of the net.

#7 Edited by marcheegsr (3018 posts) -

The way I got better was playing career mode on the highest difficulty setting, forcing myself to do better even though I lost a lot of games.

I use to be a beast online in fifa 10-12. Like 100 in the world. But that's when I didn't do nothing besides play video games. Now I don't play as much but some skills managed to stay with me.

Practice makes perfect.

#8 Posted by sukraj (24414 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

The way I got better was playing career mode on the highest difficulty setting, forcing myself to do better even though I lost a lot of games.

I use to be a beast online in fifa 10-12. Like 100 in the world. But that's when I didn't do nothing besides play video games. Now I don't play as much but some skills managed to stay with me.

Practice makes perfect.

What football team do u play as.

#9 Posted by marcheegsr (3018 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@marcheegsr said:

Practice makes perfect.

What football team do u play as.

I usually pick Italy when I want to play International, or ill play as Juventus or AC Milan for clubs.

#10 Posted by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

The way i got better was making sure the control layout was right for me, i'd play a load of games on easy and work out what each button did then I decided where i'd like each button to be placed, I'm a pro evo man to begin with and cannot get to grips with the shoot button on the right.

for you i'd get into practise mode and have a mess about with the mechanics of the movements and what each shot does using the shoot button and different shoulder buttons/triggers create different shots.

the passing is key try in matches to pass it round as much as you can and learn where players run.

defending is harder but always position your player goal side of the man and time your tackles right, even if it means holding off on them and not just running in what most people do.

#11 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

10-0? lol I can understand that because you don't seem to follow football or any major european league. Practise makes perfect and play on amateur mode. Use L1+X (Not sure what it is on X1) to do quick passes and make your wingers make runs to make space.

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75410 posts) -

practice, strategy, experience and skill