How do you feel when you beat a game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mystery323x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 mystery323x
Member since 2005 • 1381 Posts
When i beat a game i feel good for like a minute then i feel bad cause im like..WOW its over.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts

When i beat a game i feel good for like a minute then i feel bad cause im like..WOW its over.mystery323x

I get a feeling of "that's another notch on my belt". I take pride in beating a game.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

When I beat a game I just try and beat any side missions left over. Unless of course it is a depthless game with no other fun stuff left to do and if it is a free roamer or a sandbox that is the point when I cheat if possible. I only uses passcodes and cheats after I beat the game

SovietMudkipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SovietMudkipz
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I get a "mission accomplished, that's another in the hole" feeling.

I very rarely complete a game 100%.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#5 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
I feel a huge sense of relief. Beating a game is a huge accomplishment for me.
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
If the game was good, I feel happy to finish it and all is well. Some games just have crap endings and when you get to the end your pissed off at how they ended it all. Some of my most favourite games suffer from some really forgettable endings.
FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts

"finally!"

but it feels good to complete a game thats taken so much of ur tym.

ferranisha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ferranisha
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
Yes!! Yes!! At last! At last i beat u ..Yea! Yea! Lol i really do that specially after a tough fight which most of the time take almost all of my HP...after hard time to level up everything . Feel happy feel good feel .
Avatar image for nintendo_fan135
nintendo_fan135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 nintendo_fan135
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts
To be honest, for me I've never beaten a game in my life with the exception of two. Custom Robo and Freedom Fighters. Custom Robo was darn easy so I beat it in a few hours. Freedom Fighters I had to rely heavily on FAQs, Walkthrough/guides, and lots and lots of cheats. I pretty much mowed down the game with the bazooka and infinite ammo cheat. Once I beat it, I felt "Man, maybe I shouldn't have used cheats after all. But then again, if I didn't use cheats, I would still be stuck on the second level." (yes I suck at games that much).
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
It depends on how good the game was and how the ending is, after playing a good game but seeing a bad ending I feel a bit annoyed
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

If the game is hard..the feeling is lke making a game winning shot in basketball.

If the game is easy or boring...its like beating an opponent by 30+ points.

If the game has a wonderful story...a mix of joy (because it's a great story) and sadness (because it's over).

linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
A big sense of accomplishment
daguy209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daguy209
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
i feel like ill play it again and again crap i beat it 3 times
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I feel like...reading off the credits very loudly clapping and making comments on how well each person did thier job. If the game was a long and formidable adversary than i feel a small sadness for my foes defeat. Then i feel crappy for not having another game to play or for having too many more games to play
stjimmy222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 stjimmy222
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

I feel ecstatic at first but then sad that its all over.

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
i FEel like another battle just ended and another story and adventure yet needs to unfold, yeah i feel great and will be dancing to the ending credit role singing along "who's your daddy now" even if the song has no lyrics like that, but when it over rest asure another andventure awaits, trust me me i did it about more than 100 times
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

When i beat a game i feel good for like a minute then i feel bad cause im like..WOW its over.mystery323x

[QUOTE="mystery323x"]When i beat a game i feel good for like a minute then i feel bad cause im like..WOW its over.Jade_Monkey

I get a feeling of "that's another notch on my belt". I take pride in beating a game.

when I beat my own game I feel sad, like omg its over. Also pride and accomplishment. when I beat my friend's games, its like, "great now I thats another trophie for me

artaferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 artaferno
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I feel good for a while then I realise it's over and maybe start again.
argotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 argotto
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

It depends on the game.

I'll use Ocarina of Time as an example for how I felt whenI beat it.

First time I had completed that game a long time ago was a great feeling. The story was very good. Some epic boss battles, very satisfying and epic final battle. When it was over I felt good.. because of the type of game it was I felt it was kind of a big accomplishment (I was young). But then it got a little sad, because now it was over. Sure there were things to do on the side, but if a game's story is great, doing the side stuff doesn't compare.

So all in all, I felt very good at first, then I started to actually feel a bit sad. To be honest I did not want that game to ever end heh.

R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
A game with a great story makes me feel the same as a book when I finish reading it, enlightened to a point.
shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
Depends on the length and difficulty of the game. The longer and harder it is, the better I feel about myself.
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

I feel ecstatic at first but then sad that its all over.

stjimmy222

Ya same here. =/
CameosisJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CameosisJ
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

Depends on the game. During the end of some games it drags on and Im just glad I can put it away. But with a game like Chrono Cross it is depressing coz you want more. It's kinda like breaking up with a chick, you got that void that needs to be filled

Yuppitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yuppitt
Member since 2008 • 437 Posts

I've only beaten one game in my life, but I'm about 2 battles away from finishing Luminous Arc :D!

I felt really good because it was the only game I've beaten, but I was a bit sad :(

rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts

Same here. However, if the boss was tough, the ifnal one, I feel the goodness for a couple of days

Hypochondria9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hypochondria9
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
depends on the game, last game I beat was MGS3 and the ending made the game for me and even though I was happy I beat it I wished it kept going.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
Well it depends on the game, but for the most part I feel like I accomplished something. Some games i go back to if i loved it alot. Others never see the light of day again. But I always try to beat all my games, except for most of my ds and psp games, i can never complete them lol. Beating a game for me is like finishing a book; I got some knowledge and entertainment out of it.
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
Well i just beat MGS 4 last night, and i felt so good to beat it, but after the ending was over i was upset because.
1. i don;t have anything to look forward to when i get out of work
2. it was such a good game, i wished it never ended
But i just started my second playthrough today. So im still going to have fun with the game, but nothing is going to be like first time beating it, or any game for that matter.
ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts
I usually feel awesome. Unless the ending was a cliff hangar then its more dissapointing at first, and then excited, because there will be a sequel.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I feel very good usually unless the game has an unsatisfying conclusion
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Satisfied.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Nothing really, I beat games all the time. It's not a big deal to me unless it's really hard.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Four categories:

1. Happy because I beat it. I feel proud I beat it. Especially if it's a really hard game.

2. Relieved because it's finally over...usually a game I didn't enjoy as much or a game that got tiring after awhile. Want it to get it over with.

3. Angry if the ending wasn't worth it. Cliffhanger endings, set-up for sequels, or just a shallow ending with no loose ties cleaned up.

4. Than there are times where the game is so good, I actually felt sad and a little void when I finished it. It doesn't happen that much but it does make me feel like a real geek and a loser for awhile because a game devoured my life for a moment and actually made me feel empty instead of glad I passed it. Good thing it doesn't happen too much.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Some games I'm just glad they are done and others I wish there was more. With my PS2, I had little motivation to beat any games and I'm not really proud of that. When I got my 360, I made a promise to myself that I would start a game and finish that game. Only if a game really turned me off would I stop.
gm84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gm84
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

Depends on the game.

I can feel the joy of finaly beating/completing it or the sadness of it ending (due to a good story, gameplay)...If I absolutel loved it, I will play it again if there is more to play or the gameplay itself is addicting enough to demand replayability.

Avatar image for RdrOfTheLostArk
RdrOfTheLostArk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RdrOfTheLostArk
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
It depends. If the game took a long time, I want the system to start spewing out money for the hours and hours of my life I spent beating it and which I will never get back again. What do I usually get? Forced to watch the half-hour long credits, that's what I get! Still, you do feel as if all that time you spent was for something, depending on how good the ending is.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Relieved & sense of accomplishment ie: Ninja Gaidens and GOW on hardest levels, but with MGS4 I didn't want it to end, was sad when it was over, because that's it for Snake after all these years.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
i wasted my time for this! No matter how good it is