Hope you didn't preorder Witcher3 collectors edition-Walmart

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Niteowl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Niteowl69
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

I prepaid 4 months ago for the pc collector's edition of Witcher 3. I get a lame email today (right before it's released) saying they aren't getting it after all.... What kind of BS is that????? I'm so pissed I can't see straight. CD Projekt Red even has them as selling the game at wallyworld on their preorder website. So they backed out???? wtf???? Of course it's sold out everywhere as expected. I collect all the collector editions of the games I really like and this just makes me mad. I really wanted this..... it would have added to my room display of all my other games statues and such.. damn I hate Walmart...

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#2 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Good to know, and sorry; that sucks. :(

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

More stores exist then just wallmart. Diversify or fall behind others that do.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Niteowl69 said:

I prepaid 4 months ago for the pc collector's edition of Witcher 3. I get a lame email today (right before it's released) saying they aren't getting it after all.... What kind of BS is that????? I'm so pissed I can't see straight. CD Projekt Red even has them as selling the game at wallyworld on their preorder website. So they backed out???? wtf???? Of course it's sold out everywhere as expected. I collect all the collector editions of the games I really like and this just makes me mad. I really wanted this..... it would have added to my room display of all my other games statues and such.. damn I hate Walmart...

Ehmm ok.

Next time you might want to go to the forum of the console you own since most of us in this forum have pc´s and don't have that problem with sold out games ever.

Niteowl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Niteowl69

@Jacanuk: @Jacanuk:Did you actually READ my comment???? I said the PC collector's edition of Witcher 3..... /smack in the head to wake up commenter..... anyway.. I was just pissed yesterday.. I'm over it... I'll just get the regular version... it's all good.

Niteowl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Niteowl69

@ribstaylor1: Ummm... at the time I preordered, they were the only store left that still had preorders available. They are not the usual store I would have preordered from. Anyway, no matter what store name you preorder from, they should never offer the preorder if they don't intend to actually provide said product.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Niteowl69 said:

@Jacanuk: @Jacanuk:Did you actually READ my comment???? I said the PC collector's edition of Witcher 3..... /smack in the head to wake up commenter..... anyway.. I was just pissed yesterday.. I'm over it... I'll just get the regular version... it's all good.

Hey easy now, it said witcher 3 collector's edition. and that small pc is easy to miss.

But i never had the problem, i usually order from well-known sources but i will admit it's very bad that they didn't tell you sooner. But to be fair CDPR isn't a very good company and considering how they dealt with a number of big retailers , i am not that surprised that they also gave the finger to walmart.

Niteowl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Niteowl69

@Jacanuk: @Jacanuk It's all good .. I can see how you could miss it. No matter.. I'll get the regular version and still be happy. Just wish I would have preordered earlier from one of the usual places like best buy, amazon, or gamestop. I waited too long and went for the only one still taking preorders. I won't make that mistake next time :P