Hitman HD Trilogy is here...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

and I already received my copy. Are you picking up the Hitman Trilogy and if so, what game are you most looking forward to revisiting with trophy/achievement support?

I have to say I am most looking forward to Hitman Contracts, probably not surprising given my username. I loved the style this game had, extremely dark and atmospheric while still retaining and expanding on everything I loved about Silent Assassin.

Not many people on PGD seem interested in Absolution or the Hitman series in general, so I doubt this thread will get many posts.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

Just picked up the series on steam minus contracts and absolution for like $7. Hope they have aged well lol.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I can't believe i'm gonna have to wait a long time to get it :(

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 contracts420

Ilovegames1992

Why is that? You know Hitman takes precedence over other games, this is a given.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Did they make any tweaks to the gameplay of Hitman 2 or is it the same game verbatim? I'm particularly interested in whether or not the sneaking speed was increased.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 contracts420

Did they make any tweaks to the gameplay of Hitman 2 or is it the same game verbatim? I'm particularly interested in whether or not the sneaking speed was increased.Black_Knight_00

No tweaks. These are the games you remember playing with no upgrades. Which is understandable given it's 3 titles all of which needed to be ported from PC to console in HD with trophy/achievement support. It also comes with the Sniper challenge, a really neat hard cover for the game and artbook built in.

Surprisingly I don't mind going back to Hitman 2, which I thought would be a nightmare in areas. Then again I have more patience these days than I did a few years ago.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Im curious to see how good the hd release is. ill get it when its cheap.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Would love to get it but I just got Ni no Kuni.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

That's strange, I seem to recall playing them in HD when they came out.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Silent Assassin, playing through Absolution reminded me of Silent Assassin.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 contracts420

-Unreal-

Wouldn't that be a higher resolution, but not necassarily HD textures? If so then this collection would be the best way to experience these titles.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 contracts420

Silent Assassin, playing through Absolution reminded me of Silent Assassin.

RageQuitter69

I agree, I felt Absolution had plenty in common with Silent Assassin. Probably because many of the aspects of Absolution are from Silent Assassin rather than Blood Money.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
The badass cover alone makes me want it.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#14 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

contracts420

Wouldn't that be a higher resolution, but not necassarily HD textures? If so then this collection would be the best way to experience these titles.

I thought "HD" referred to the resolution the entire game engine is being rendered in. So does HD mean they've created higher resolution textures for this?
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

contracts420

Why is that? You know Hitman takes precedence over other games, this is a given.

I know. Just have no money. I so want to play Silent Assassin again....

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

contracts420

Did they remake the textures?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I thought "HD" referred to the resolution the entire game engine is being rendered in. So does HD mean they've created higher resolution textures for this?-Unreal-

HD in these cases refers to the resolution, since they're only remastering it. Better textures would come with a full-on remake.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I don't get it...

Can anyone explain me why I just were able to pick up Hitman SA, Con and BM in ONE Box for PC for 6,99 Euro in the Green Pepper Line while the HD Collection comes at a assumingly much, much higher price and people still go for it?

I mean, as much as I love Trophy support for those games, 30 bucks more just to play it on console when I can have it for the price of a decent meal...well...^^

Or is it that the Green Pepper PC Games Line isn't available in some countries?

Anyway, I can't figure out to get behind the thought of the marketing team of first releasing all three games in a box for PC for a low price and then again for consoles for much more.....

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 contracts420

I don't get it...

Can anyone explain me why I just were able to pick up Hitman SA, Con and BM in ONE Box for PC for 6,99 Euro in the Green Pepper Line while the HD Collection comes at a assumingly much, much higher price and people still go for it?

I mean, as much as I love Trophy support for those games, 30 bucks more just to play it on console when I can have it for the price of a decent meal...well...^^

Anyway, I can't figure out to get behind the thought of the marketing team of first releasing all three games in a box for PC for a low price and then again for consoles for much more.....

Justforvisit

Well unlike downloads, these are physical copies that the customer owns once purchased rather than licensing. Add in the fact that they come in a fairly nice package, a nice sleeve, hardcover (like a book) with disc inside and artbook built in. Not just a flimsy box and a few discs. More money went into this, and the PC games were just resold, this collection needed to be properly ported which takes more time and money. Add in trophies, Sniper challenge download and everything being on a single disc. You begin to see the point.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I don't get it...

Justforvisit

Wait a month and pick it up for 15 bucks. I know I will

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I was checking out the review on IGN and it looks like the stealth mechanics are just as inconsistent as they are in Absolution. So even if you don a costume in one game, they'll still shoot you for no apparent reason? Lame!

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 contracts420

I was checking out the review on IGN and it looks like the stealth mechanics are just as inconsistent as they are in Absolution. So even if you don a costume in one game, they'll still shoot you for no apparent reason? Lame!

Metamania

If anything, the disguise system in place for Absolution is more consistent than Silent Assassin or Contracts. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was inconsistent, in one level you were able to dress as a guard and dance around the level with not too much suspicion, in the next you would be gunned down immediately. Absolution took out the guessing game, but kept the challenge of disguises not being a free pass.

But often when the player is shot, it's due to their own negligence. Most people do not understand the intricacies of the system, which is why most often gravitate towards Blood Money, which is the easiest entry, and possibly the shortest of the entire series.

IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
Was expecting a better work in Contracts and Silent Assassin...they really look no different from the ps2 versions to my eyes
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I went ahead and nabbed it even though I've played through these games before. It's a nice package and reasonably priced.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

contracts420

If anything, the disguise system in place for Absolution is more consistent than Silent Assassin or Contracts. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was inconsistent, in one level you were able to dress as a guard and dance around the level with not too much suspicion, in the next you would be gunned down immediately. Absolution took out the guessing game, but kept the challenge of disguises not being a free pass.

But often when the player is shot, it's due to their own negligence. Most people do not understand the intricacies of the system, which is why most often gravitate towards Blood Money, which is the easiest entry, and possibly the shortest of the entire series.

Absolution is the best in the franchise by far. The complaints levied at that game boggles my mind and merely proves that some gamers cannot tolerate change of any kind.

What I really wish they would have done is remake these games using the Absolution engine and mechanics. That would have been stunning.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
The graphics are awfull. And with those graphics I don't buy this game. It's not HD
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grammaton-Cleric

The graphics are awfull. And with those graphics I don't buy this game. It's not HDDexter-010

It's HD but that HD is still rooted is games that are nearly a decade old.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I just finished Absolution and loved every damn second of it so I may have to pick this up.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grammaton-Cleric

I just finished Absolution and loved every damn second of it so I may have to pick this up.GodModeEnabled

Be warned: These games are solid but none of them, Blood Money included, play anywhere near as smooth in terms of mechanics.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I'll have to pick up the Hitman trilogy at some point. How much does it cost to purchase a new copy?

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Still got all my original PC versions. It would be nice if these "HD" re-releases were full texture updates, but it seems that if you made a game that was ported to a previous gen console, re-releasing the same game at a previously only PC resolution is enough to justify HD in the title. I guess the texture update packs will remain the realm of fansites and modding communities.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grammaton-Cleric

Just wanted to bump this thread for a quick FYI.

Best Buy is having a two-day sale that ends today and you can nab this collection on either the PS3 or XB360 for 24.99.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I'll have to pick up the Hitman trilogy at some point. How much does it cost to purchase a new copy?

Metamania

30 Euro for me in the EU

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 contracts420

That's a great price Grammaton.

Already finished all 3 titles. Didn't take as long as I had thought it would. All of which were fantastic, very happy I picked this collection up.