Hitman Absolution: is it like previous games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

I had a look at Gamespots review but I don't think it gave enough information (it's also a Kevin VanOrd review so it's hard to beleive anything that is said) so i'm asking if it is like previous games or is it like Splinter Cell Crapviction. Is it a 2012 saver os series destroyer?

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
why don't you look at videos to see for yourself? besides, i don't think the game is even out yet. at least not in america.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

What review?

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RageQuitter69

What review?

MirkoS77

http://au.gamespot.com/hitman-absolution/videos/hitman-absolution-video-review-6400282/

Kevin VanOrd reviewd it so it will be hard to take the review seriously. He gave it a 7.5/10.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

What review?

RageQuitter69

http://au.gamespot.com/hitman-absolution/videos/hitman-absolution-video-review-6400282/

Kevin VanOrd reviewd it so it will be hard to take the review seriously. He gave it a 7.5/10.

lol whats wrong with you
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

The answer to your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3a4stNaf4

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RageQuitter69

I just watched the IGN review and read the Gameinformer I think it is still like previous games (apart from that wrestling part I saw on YouTube), althought I did get a little worried when I herd the words 'Splinter Cell Conviction' in the IGN review.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I just watched the IGN review and read the Gameinformer I think it is still like previous games (apart from that wrestling part I saw on YouTube), althought I did get a little worried when I herd the words 'Splinter Cell Conviction' in the IGN review.

RageQuitter69

It's only for their mark/execute feature. Beyond that, most reviews that I've read says that it's still a Hitman game at its core, especially at the highest level settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I thought it was SC:Conviction when they showed the first gameplay and hated it, then they showed more or a level and how it really plays out and I was hyped, then I watched the review and found out they had mark and execute gameplay in it (further making it like conviction) and Batmans detective vision in it and my hype for the game died.A lot of reviews showed a lot of cover shooting and stuff like that. It could be a good game but it doesn't look like older Hitmans anymore sadly.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I thought it was SC:Conviction when they showed the first gameplay and hated it, then they showed more or a level and how it really plays out and I was hyped, then I watched the review and found out they had mark and execute gameplay in it (further making it like conviction) and Batmans detective vision in it and my hype for the game died.A lot of reviews showed a lot of cover shooting and stuff like that. It could be a good game but it doesn't look like older Hitmans anymore sadly.

seanmcloughlin

I think this was in direct response of how the action/stealth genre should be these days. Plus, I'm sure that's what the makers and their bosses wanted out of it and I'm sure there must have been a huge argument about it, but had to include it in anyway.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RageQuitter69
The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.Kravyn81
I don't see why the Kevin VanOrd hate train needs to stop, if anything, it needs more steam. 7.5 may look like a respectable score but game critics review it like it's meh, game critics make a 7.0 game look terrible.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="Kravyn81"]The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.RageQuitter69
I don't see why the Kevin VanOrd hate train needs to stop, if anything, it needs more steam. 7.5 may look like a respectable score but game critics review it like it's meh, game critics make a 7.0 game look terrible.

No, they don't, at all. It's dumb ass people that take scores like a 7 and act like it's terrible.
Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.Kravyn81
A bad score is a 4. An average score is a 6. A good score is a 7. A great score is an 8. An excellent score is a 9. Perfect would obviously be 10. Why people have shifted into a "LOL 7 is BAD" mindset is beyond me and makes me think we should do away with review scores for good. Read the freaking reviews, not the number.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
[QUOTE="Kravyn81"]The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.RageQuitter69

Like Method already said it's people that take the score out of context and blow up like imbeciles. If you seriously have such a raging hardon for how a game scores that it bothers you to the degree of hating someone purely over their opinion, then truly you have deeper issues in life you need to address.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

I'm not too worried about the mark and execute or detective vision, but from the footage I've seen it looks like even the more sandboxy levels still expect you to do some hiding in the shadows or use instinct to avoid detection and that has me questioning if I should pick it up.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Metamania

I think this was in direct response of how the action/stealth genre should be these days. Plus, I'm sure that's what the makers and their bosses wanted out of it and I'm sure there must have been a huge argument about it, but had to include it in anyway.

you know what game proves that games can still be majorly slanted towards stealth witha tiny bit of action and still be amazing. Mark of the ninja
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="Kravyn81"]The KVO hate train needs to stop. A 7.5 is still a respectable score for a game. People need to stop acting like spoiled brats just because they think every game deserves a 9.5. Get over yourselves and more importantly stop basing your entire life around a stupid number. The constant whining and b*tching is getting old.MethodManFTW

No, they don't, at all. It's dumb ass people that take scores like a 7 and act like it's terrible.

when 9 is average for a triple AAA title and anything below usually means issues and below a 8 usually means its pretty crappy i understand people.. i mean 7 is spouse to mean average but with how many 9's video game review companies give out like their being coughpayedoffcough or metaphorical candy their is a cause for concern when a game of a beloved franchise and had many successful sequels ends up getting a 7.5 in todays rating system.. I mean i dont like to think like this but after saying **** the reviewers and going out and buying FO:NV even though that game got a 7.5 i got a massively broken game with a ton of problems and when i got to the final mission the frame rate got to the point i had to replay the entire game to fix it...
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

7.5 is bad?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#20 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I don't see why the Kevin VanOrd hate train needs to stop, if anything, it needs more steam. 7.5 may look like a respectable score but game critics review it like it's meh, game critics make a 7.0 game look terrible.RageQuitter69

Can't argue with that (you'd be amazed by how many treat a 7 like a 5), but Kevin's already gone on the record numerous times to say that he wants to change the perception of a 7 being bad. Nothing in the text made it sound like he was "meh" on the game. He was pretty positive about it over Twitter, too.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RageQuitter69

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] I don't see why the Kevin VanOrd hate train needs to stop, if anything, it needs more steam. 7.5 may look like a respectable score but game critics review it like it's meh, game critics make a 7.0 game look terrible.c_rake

Can't argue with that (you'd be amazed by how many treat a 7 like a 5), but Kevin's already gone on the record numerous times to say that he wants to change the perception of a 7 being bad. Nothing in the text made it sound like he was "meh" on the game. He was pretty positive about it over Twitter, too.

The only game that I have seen with a 7.0 that Kevin made look bad was Mirror's Edge, I just mentioned the 7.0 thing when someone brought up 7.5 being a respectable score, I was talking about Kevin VanOrd being a terrible critic in general.
For anyone who doesn't believe me about game critics making a 7.0 like it's bad, here is my source:
http://au.gamespot.com/tomb-raider-underworld/reviews/tomb-raider-underworld-review-6201706/
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Hitman on rails anyone? :P