Hitman: Absolution in comparison to Hitman: Blood Money

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

I thought Blood Money was really good so I was thinking of buying Absolution. Will I be disappointed?

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

the only hitman game I ever played was absolution and it was phenomenal, I don't know how it is in relation to bloodmoney, but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in absolution if you are into that style of game.

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

@pook99 said:

the only hitman game I ever played was absolution and it was phenomenal, I don't know how it is in relation to bloodmoney, but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in absolution if you are into that style of game.

Well, I've heard it's different in ways and more story driven while Blood Money focuses on gameplay. I just want to hear other people's opinions.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Absolution is missing a lot of freedom and consistency, but it's still a great game IF you play it on normal difficulty. Do not for any reason start on hard or it will likely spoil your fun.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@thatnordicguy said:

I thought Blood Money was really good so I was thinking of buying Absolution. Will I be disappointed?

That depends.

Absolution is 100% linear where Blood Money was more random hitman missions with a story on the side. So if you are more into the idea of being a hitman and doing contracts then you might be disappointed because thats not Absolution.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Probably yes. The sandboxy levels are gone, so is the stealth/desguise mechanics that doesn't work like it was suppose to. Not a bad stealth game though.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

blood money's levels are more open whereas absolution's levels are more focused and progressive set piece based. the story is essentially hitman goes rogue to right a wrong - instead of the contract based killings in blood money - but it gets a bit silly about two thirds through. there's a new instinct mode which 47 uses to see through walls, anticipate enemy patrol paths and take out multiple enemies in slow mo - it was all very splinter cell sonar goggles and mark & execute but it worked better than i expected, and there's still plenty of creative killing possibilities in most levels / set pieces.

all in all if you enjoyed blood money it's definitely worth picking up especially since it's dirt cheap now. as a stealth game i preferred it over blacklist and thief but i did prefer the overall game style of blood money

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@thatnordicguy said:

You will be disappointed if you are expecting a blood money sequel but if you just play absolution as a stand-alone game it is fun i think... but it is nowhere as good as original hitman series.

The main flaw in absolution is its broken disguise system and too much focus on a really bad story.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts
@Macutchi said:

blood money's levels are more open whereas absolution's levels are more focused and progressive set piece based. the story is essentially hitman goes rogue to right a wrong - instead of the contract based killings in blood money - but it gets a bit silly about two thirds through. there's a new instinct mode which 47 uses to see through walls, anticipate enemy patrol paths and take out multiple enemies in slow mo - it was all very splinter cell sonar goggles and mark & execute but it worked better than i expected, and there's still plenty of creative killing possibilities in most levels / set pieces.

all in all if you enjoyed blood money it's definitely worth picking up especially since it's dirt cheap now. as a stealth game i preferred it over blacklist and thief but i did prefer the overall game style of blood money

Seconded.

Just try to imagine if you want it to be exactly like Blood Money or if you can handle some significant changes. As far as I can remember people mostly criticised the more linear levels and the fact that certain disguises only work with certain people (even if you're wearing a mask or something), which can make navigating through levels rather annoying. There are some levels that are more like Blood Money, but they are not as frequent (and you still have to deal with the disguise issue). By the way, there are also user created contracts to play, in which you go through the same levels but try to complete different objectives. Those might feel a little bit more like Blood Money.