Help Me Choose!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RoyalClown_1
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Looking for a good ps3 game, I'm entirely basing it on the fun factor and I love games that you can just splurge and have a good time in but I also like simple games and usually look for some underrated gems. I'm a little limited on $ atm. No more than 20, here's the games on mind so far:

-Way of the Samurai 3

-Assassins Creed 2

-Crysis 3

-Dragon Age Origins

-LA Noire

-Saints Row The Third

-Godfather Don's Edition

-Alpha Protocol

-Spec Ops The Line

The games I've enjoyed most last generation were red dead redemption, uncharted, mass effect, gt5, gta, mgs4, Journey, infamous, and assassins creed revelations(I skipped Ac2 because my friend spoiled the story and I watched most of it on utube but now for some reason i feel like playing it to see more more of ezio).

Feel free to mention something not on my list. Thanks guys.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

If you don't have a PS Plus sub, then get a 3-month sub. Easily the best thing any gamer can do with $20.

If you're in North America: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/30/playstation-plus-february-preview/

Europe, UK, Australia, and more: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/01/22/playstation-plus-in-february-bioshock-infinite-metro-last-light-outlast-more/

If you do have PS Plus already, pick up Assassin's Creed II. Imo the best in the series by a long shot, and probably one of the best games of it's time.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RoyalClown_1

Ya my subscription just ran out, I'm trying to stay away from it until the end of the semester lol. I just want 1 game that I can set aside an hour a day to play. :)

So AC2 has 1 vote...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

If you liked Revelations I'd go for AC 2. I'd consider it the best in the series along with its direct sequel, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoyalClown_1

Way of the Samurai 3 it is! Lol sorry guys I've decided that will keep me busy for a longer time, I will get AC2 once this dreadful semester is over. D;

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Have u played GTA V

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You say "help me choose" but what you really want is us to choose for you.

Let me help. Picture that you already owned these games, now picture your housing catching fire and you got 10 seconds to save only one of those games......

You Welcome :p

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RoyalClown_1

@sukraj: Yes I bought it on day 1 and I am one of the few morons to not like it... I don't know what's wrong with me. :(

Anyway I purchased Way of the Samurai 3 and I can sincerely say it's the best 15 bucks I've ever spent. The freedom, the wacky dialogue, the addicting combat, and the good ole' PS2 graphics really hit home.

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

Far Cry 3

My fav game of the gen behind GTA V

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoyalClown_1

@jukev2424: Already played and beat the crap out of it lol. Did they ever fix the multiplayer? I borrowed it from a friend otherwise i would've never sold it... great game.

@jukev2424 said:

Far Cry 3

My fav game of the gen behind GTA V

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

@royalclown_1: I never played the multiplayer because of the stupid uplay passes and didn't feel like buying one just for that game

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@royalclown_1 said:

@sukraj: Yes I bought it on day 1 and I am one of the few morons to not like it... I don't know what's wrong with me. :(

Anyway I purchased Way of the Samurai 3 and I can sincerely say it's the best 15 bucks I've ever spent. The freedom, the wacky dialogue, the addicting combat, and the good ole' PS2 graphics really hit home.

I tried gta V but I didn't like some of the missions oh well i'll give it another try but not yet.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoyalClown_1

@sukraj: Yea i might try again when it's cheaper but it's unlikely since i was super bored with single & online, I didn't even finish the story!

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

i thought Alpha Protocol was HIGHLY underrated personally, if you've never played it i'd give it a try, it got a ton of hate when it released but i found it to be a really decent 3rd person shooter, it played a lot like the old Syphon Filter games which i always liked so if you liked the Syphon Filter series you'll love it.

doggiezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 doggiezilla
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Puppeteer is a great game and a hidden gem.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Spec Ops The Line was an astounding game, my vote goes to that.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoyalClown_1

Yea I'm returning Way of the Samurai 3 it's pissing me off LOL. I want to get Spec ops TL but i'm afraid I'm only going to enjoy and play through the story once and that's it. I like games that last awhile and keep me coming back. How's the multiplayer? I'm guessing not too busy?

Already played puppeteer :)

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

you want a game that's going to last awhile you should look into Okami HD its about 40 to 60 hours long, looks fantastic with it's cel-shaded art style & it runs at Native 1080p fairly uncommon for ps3 games, also the leaning curve isn't that complicated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFbnBLLelg

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RoyalClown_1

@locus-solus: Meh, never really interested me tbh, thanks tho.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@royalclown_1 If you enjoy slower tactical gameplay with a lot of emphasis on storytelling I definitely recommend Dragon Age: Origins, L.A. Noire is another great game as well and is quite story driven. It's easy to lose yourself in both those games and I'm sure they're both really cheap given how long ago they were released.

Outside those games I highly recommend Skyrim.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RoyalClown_1

@pupp3t_mast3r: I wish the circumstances were different or I'd buy all 3 of the games you mentioned, but no job and college can do that to ya. Not to mention my other hobbies...

rickyaltadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rickyaltadonna
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I prefer FarCry 3, it has a wonderful story and it is open world, and if you could click this link, i'd be happy http://allgamesfor.me/?id=245852 thanks!

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoyalClown_1

@rickyaltadonna: I already played it and i think advertising is not allowed. MOOODS!

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

They have a katamari game for the PS3. I had loads of fun on the PS2 version. Just a very quirky, charming game.

MeeplyMoogaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MeeplyMoogaroo
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Dragon Age Origins is awesome because it lets you make a lot of choices. L.A. Noire seems good, but I died of boredom due to the main characters annoying voice/wanna be badass attitude that reminds me of Vin Diesel in XXX. Saints Row is supposed to be good, but the people that play it all seemed to get bored of it very very quickly. Assassins Creed 2 is cool, but won't last that long, and it's a one time play through kind of game. Dragon Age is my recommendation because it is a long, interesting story that you get to make a lot of choices in. I haven't played the rest.

Oh, and if you buy online, you can get great deals sometimes. On eBay, I got Dragon Age Origins with the DLC, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 for $15 and that includes shipping. $_$

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoyalClown_1

@shangtsung7: Returned gay of the samurai and decided to get alpha protocol, liking it so far and you're right it kind of brings me back to the old ps1 days playing siphon filter, the gun and tactical playing ehhh could've been better, but can't complain for $5. Would've gotten dragon age but the gameplay doesn't look appealing to me in the least bit. LA Noire, Spec Ops, and AC2 will be bought after this annoying semester is over.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShangTsung7

@royalclown_1 said:

@shangtsung7: Returned gay of the samurai and decided to get alpha protocol, liking it so far and you're right it kind of brings me back to the old ps1 days playing siphon filter, the gun and tactical playing ehhh could've been better, but can't complain for $5. Would've gotten dragon age but the gameplay doesn't look appealing to me in the least bit. LA Noire, Spec Ops, and AC2 will be bought after this annoying semester is over.

as i mentioned in another thread i wasn't too fond of the story and the graphics weren't spectacular but it is what it is, a really fun 3rd person shooter, the dialog system was pretty innovative too i thought.

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RoyalClown_1

@shangtsung7: Yeah i like the freedom of killing someone off the story.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShangTsung7

@royalclown_1 said:

@shangtsung7: Yeah i like the freedom of killing someone off the story.

yup, not many games give ya that option, wish like hell you could kill quest characters in Skyrim.