Help for a Divinity Orignal Sin Noob ps4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I just want to know the best ways to heal your party. At the beginning of this game I was so lost. Found 3 other party members and it's all been trial and error. The gates out of the town are all locked except one. So I go out with my party and fight zombies and skeletons. They are intimidating but I always manage to win the fights.

This leaves at least one character dead, and others wounded. So I use resurrect scrolls and I HAVE A CLERIC. The cleric heal barely heals the party and I can't afford a million potions.

So.

-Is there a better heal spell book (So I can learn the spell) ?

-Is there a resurrect spell book?

Most importantly - Where is the Armor/weapon vendor in town?

Thanks guys and btw this is becoming my fav ps4 game!

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

I just want to know the best ways to heal your party. At the beginning of this game I was so lost. Found 3 other party members and it's all been trial and error. The gates out of the town are all locked except one. So I go out with my party and fight zombies and skeletons. They are intimidating but I always manage to win the fights.

This leaves at least one character dead, and others wounded. So I use resurrect scrolls and I HAVE A CLERIC. The cleric heal barely heals the party and I can't afford a million potions.

So.

-Is there a better heal spell book (So I can learn the spell) ?

-Is there a resurrect spell book?

Most importantly - Where is the Armor/weapon vendor in town?

Thanks guys and btw this is becoming my fav ps4 game!

I have the game for the PC, and it is a very good game. Also one of my favorites. What you can do is craft healing potions and give to your party members. I think you can buy them as well. There are healing scrolls, and one of my original party members has a healing skill that I use.

I want to say this right off as well. There is no shame in lowing the difficulty level until you get the hang of things. This game has a learning curve, and is far from easy. Even the easiest setting will give you a challenge.

Some other things to keep in mind is make sure you have your highest level of armor, weapons, etc equipped. If you have some money see if you can maybe purchase some better stuff as well. Also, there are many ways to approach a fight. Example, I had a fight I just could not win. I ended up throwing a freezing potion that hit the ground causing the enemies to keep falling on the ground. I went from not being able to win to only one member of my party taking damage. Don't be afraid to try different things. Use those scrolls and potions, and see what happens. I am by no means the best person to give advice on this game as I am not that good, but it is fun to figure things out in this one.

As far as leaving the town. You can do this at any level at any time. Just talk to one of the people who is guarding the gates and they will say you need to be stronger (or something like that), you can just ignore that and tell them you want to leave anyway, but I would save a lot if you think your level is too low. I think I started to venture out at about level 4, and started noticing my party seems to be doing much better since level 5 or 6.

Wretch1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3 Wretch1d
Member since 2014 • 962 Posts

@TheHighWind: Aside form food spells and potions, in the main town you can sleep in the docs bed (remember when you had to choose between the two patients to save)

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

Don't rely on heals. Abuse CC as much as possible. Enemies that can be shocked? Before you start the fight, cast the rain spell then start the fight. If the puddles aren't big enough, throw some water grenades to make more puddles. Then shock someone in a puddle and it'll shock everyone in that puddle.

This is basically how you do the whole game, especially on the hardest difficulty mode. Use CC constantly. Melee units are a liability, 1 is fine but use no more than that, for melee units to distract enemies just summon things. You can get summons from quests and from spells.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Regeneration, and heal wounds are the basic spells. I give everyone 1 hydrophist so everyone can have regen. Yes there is a resurrect spell, but its much later in the game.