Have you ever played Glover for N64?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lazyathew (3748 posts) -

I brushed off my old N64 and decided to play an old game from my childhood that has not been re-released on newer systems. (To my knowledge at least) Glover. It's a 3D platformer where you control a glove guiding a ball to the goal in each level. Ridiculous (and interesting lol) concept, and a lot of fun. And the gameplay seems to have held up well. This was my first time playing it in probably about 10 years. The camera can be bothersome at times, like most platformers in that era, but other then that, it still plays well.

I don't hear much talk about this game, so I decided to make a thread about it. Just wondering how many people played it, and what you you think about it if ya did?

#2 Posted by Exceed20XX (1030 posts) -

Wow I actually do vaguely remember that game. I haven't played it since it's release very likely.

#3 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Yes.

Interersting concept but game felt a little "cheap" to me.

Certainly no competition for 64's "heavyweights" like SM64, DK64 and Banjo but an interesting game on it's own right.

#4 Posted by lazyathew (3748 posts) -

Yes.

Interersting concept but game felt a little "cheap" to me.

Certainly no competition for 64's "heavyweights" like SM64, DK64 and Banjo but an interesting game on it's own right.

nameless12345

Yeah it does feel a little cheap at times I agree. And the controls have a couple issues as well. I particularly dislike the parts when I have to throw the ball from one moving platform to another. If I press B to try to throw, and accidently start dribbling at the wrong time instead, it could cost a life. It's not too bad though, and I am getting used to the controls. So I am still having a lot of fun with the game. :)

#5 Posted by GreySeal9 (24500 posts) -

I vaguely remember playing Glover. I don't think it was that good, but I could be wrong since my memory of it is extremely hazy.

#6 Posted by Hatiko (4535 posts) -

I remember commercial for it.