themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

I want games with boobies and pussies. When will I get such a game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I don't get why people get so worked up about stuff like this. If the game glorifies the characters actions and encourages the player to replicate it in reality then it is bad. But nobody here has played it so how do you know what message the game tries to send?

American Psycho is much more violent than The Turner Diaries. But the latter is still a much more disgusting book.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

The problem with Hatred is the way it's presented. Plague Inc. is at least cartoonish looking, I can't take that seriously. Hatred so blatantly borrows from all the mass shootings that've been happening lately that just looking at it makes me uncomfortable. To see why people have a problem with Hatred all you have to do is look at the image it produces. I look at Plague Inc., and I see a screen of a little earth with red lines orbiting around. I need to have what is on screen explained to me to be able to understand it. I look at Hatred, and I see a guy dressed in black putting a shotgun in a woman's mouth and pulling the trigger, mowing down people trying to get away in the street. You don't have to tell me what I'm looking at, like you do with Plague Inc. If you look at Hatred and some how it evokes the idea of fun then that's your prerogative. But I don't want anything to do with it.

Yes, the concepts in the two games are the same, but the images that are much different, and that's the part that people have a problem with.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Too violent? That doesn't make sense. If you don't like it, don't play it. Is violence in games much worse than movies somehow, despite the violence in movies being much more real looking?

newbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By newbro
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

@Litchie said:

Too violent? That doesn't make sense. If you don't like it, don't play it. Is violence in games much worse than movies somehow, despite the violence in movies being much more real looking?

I don't think it's the level of violence, but the rather the control you were given to perform these violence. With movies / book it's all one way where you are simply along for the ride, but with video games you are the one in control and that would give you complete new perspective.

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

i always laugh about those people comparing HATRED with GTA, saying GTA is ok while HATRED is not, all because of the fact that in GTA you are not forced to kill innocents but having the option to do so...and then i imagine them failing every mission because they are more busy dodging/not killing those poor innocent civilians on the streets instead of just driving them over, concentrating on chasing/killing their targets

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

What is this, the reboot of the other thread on the same page? "Hey, look, this thread doesn't show someone debunking my arguments on page 1, so I'll just make the same argument and pretend that someone debunking it never happened."

I'm just asking. Seeing as how this is shaping up to be the exact same thread as the other thread just a few posts down, are we actually progressing? Did we learn anything from that other thread, and are now progressing in our arguments? Or is this really the "reboot", where we delete the other discussion's progression and just go right back to square one by saying shit that other people already shot down?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#58 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

What is this, the reboot of the other thread on the same page? "Hey, look, this thread doesn't show someone debunking my arguments on page 1, so I'll just make the same argument and pretend that someone debunking it never happened."

I'm just asking. Seeing as how this is shaping up to be the exact same thread as the other thread just a few posts down, are we actually progressing? Did we learn anything from that other thread, and are now progressing in our arguments? Or is this really the "reboot", where we delete the other discussion's progression and just go right back to square one by saying shit that other people already shot down?

Dead thread resurrected. It's almost two months old.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Maybe this game is a commentary on the mass murderers, who knows? But everyone is being so shocked by this. We have seen this before already!

Well, you yourself said "who knows?"

So it's sort of hard to honestly say that "we have seen this before already" after already taking a "who knows" stance?

If we're really going to be fair, no one can properly judge the game since it isn't out yet. As far as the GAME goes, yeah..."who knows?"

However, we have seen some footage and some press information. It's totally fair to judge THAT, since we actually saw it in its proper context (that context being, "to promote the game"). And, if this context was as a promotion for the game, then it's at least a reasonable assumption that the game is gonna turn out a lot like the promotional material.

Point being...the people who are made at the GAME (as opposed to the promotional material) may be wrong. However, even if they are wrong about the actual GAME, then it's at least understandable how they could make such a mistake, isn't it? Aside from just saying "wait until the game has been finished before judging it", there's nothing left to say unless we restrict our arguments to the promotional material which has already been released.

So, in terms of a CONTENT-oriented discussion, can we at least restrict our arguments to what has already been shown, as opposed to making speculations about what the final product is going to turn out to be like?

sabretooth2066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By sabretooth2066
Member since 2013 • 402 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

guess what...i was actually the first one to start a HATRED THREAD at all, i started it right with the first trailer hitting the net, since then my beloved thread disappeared back onto the latter pages because another shitload of HATRED threads emerged, giving the idea people here are either not able to make use of the search function or plain simply just wanted to own such a kewl hatred thread to their own

so if anyone should be upset about all those hatred threads, then it should be me because without those copycat-threads out there my one and only original hatred thread would have over 100000 hits and 1000 replies by now....making me and my thread look damn kewl!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#61 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MrGeezer: you do know you can avoid killing anyone just like GTA?