Hate Local Your GameStop Store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PanPizza15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PanPizza15
Member since 2006 • 1485 Posts

Be glad your gamestop doesnt have this guy...

http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?token=561_1189783583

Great idea, thats going to help his store, its not like you can buy games from Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, and other stores. I just know this guy is going to get fired.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts
I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.
PanPizza15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PanPizza15

I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.brianpoetzel

i hope you're being sarcastic

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.brianpoetzel

Yep. It's not good for business, and I think he'll probably be fired -- but, I really like what he's trying to do. I know that if I had kids, I'd bring 'em to his GameStop instead of somewhere else to get games(if I lived in the area). Heck, even though I don't have kids, I'd still rather go to his GameStop if I lived near there.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
I wouldn't have to worry about that since I do get good grades, but if I diddnt get good grades, I would go there and just yell at the guy, then either phone the head manager or the cops. It would be fun to see him get fired.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I wouldn't have to worry about that since I do get good grades, but if I diddnt get good grades, I would go there and just yell at the guy, then either phone the head manager or the cops. It would be fun to see him get fired.bri360

:| So. You see the guy give someone a free game because they got good grades, and then you'd go up to him and yell at him?

I also think it's funny that you think calling the cops would do anything.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

[QUOTE="bri360"]I wouldn't have to worry about that since I do get good grades, but if I diddnt get good grades, I would go there and just yell at the guy, then either phone the head manager or the cops. It would be fun to see him get fired.JML897

:| So. You see the guy give someone a free game because they got good grades, and then you'd go up to him and yell at him?

Only if you get straight A's, so about 1 in 500 of the people that would go in there would get a free game, plus it is wrong since he has no right to do what he is doing. Also yeah the cops probably wouldn't do anything, well they might make him let the kid buy the game since he doesn't have the power to legally enforce what he is doing.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
i like the idea. he has every right to do it. it's his store and people dont HAVE to shop there. they can go to wal mart if theyre too dumb. ya sure its bad for business, but what the hell. it might just work.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gen-Gawl

[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"]I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.PanPizza15

Not even a little bit. I like what he's trying to do.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gen-Gawl
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="bri360"]I wouldn't have to worry about that since I do get good grades, but if I diddnt get good grades, I would go there and just yell at the guy, then either phone the head manager or the cops. It would be fun to see him get fired.bri360

Only if you get straight A's, so about 1 in 500 of the people that would go in there would get a free game, plus it is wrong since he has no right to do what he is doing. Also yeah the cops probably wouldn't do anything, well they might make him let the kid buy the game since he doesn't have the power to legally enforce what he is doing.

I don't think he has to legally enforce anything. It's just his store's policy. And he never said he wouldn't sell, just that they need to bring their parents in. So, no legal issue at all. Since he's not doing anything illegal the cops wouldn't do anything about it other than send the kid home.

Now, it would be different if he flat out refused to sell to certain people.

Avatar image for HellsingSoldier
HellsingSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HellsingSoldier
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts
His policy is harsh but the 'him buying a game' part is good. still, i'd be pissed to have to leave and go back, that's ridiculous.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts
Pointless. If the kids can't get their game from his store, they can go to about 100 different other stores in their area to buy a game. He should spend his time doing something worthwhile, like cure cancer or something.
Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts
Cool, if I lived there-free games for me :)
xXNightmareXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXNightmareXx
Member since 2003 • 309 Posts
Wow, that's pretty cool what he's doing. Its a shame he'll probably get in trouble or get fired because its bad for business. I don't know about you all, but if I had kids and their grades sucked I wouldn't be buying them any games until they got their grades up. It's pretty sweet that he is willing to spend his own money to reward kids for getting straight A's.
PanPizza15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PanPizza15
well I just hered the guy got suspended from some news updates
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Not a bad idea, it might make some kids want to get their grades up. It's still not that guy's place to make that decision though.

[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"]I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.PanPizza15

I'm wondering, do/did you get good grades in school?

PanPizza15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PanPizza15

Not a bad idea, it might make some kids want to get their grades up. It's still not that guy's place to make that decision though.

[QUOTE="PanPizza15"]

[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"]I like the guy. I'll take him at my local GS.majadamus

I'm wondering, do/did you get good grades in school?

The point is that they're refusing sales to kids. Its bad for buisness. Why should only smart kids allowed to buy games?