Has your skill level taken a hit this gen,cause of the lower difficulty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Did you become rusty,cause of the greatly lowered difficulty in games?

I kinda did...

#2 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

lol I really don't agree about difficulty. I think it is just as difficult as always. Some games more than others and some not so much. Can people give me direct examples and comparisons? I see some easy streamlining, but in areas games are super hard too.

#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

No. It varies from game to game anyhow.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73491 posts) -
depends on the game, because i am trying new type of games and the diffulty depends on how much experience i have in that genre
#5 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
Not really, but then I've always been pretty sh!t at playing games.
#6 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Definetly. I remember when I first got Ratchet and Clank on my PS2 I was able to rush through there, no matter what. Now I'm dieing a lot there in the HD Collection version and often thought "Dang, can't remember it was THAT difficult"

On the other hand I of course got older, so this might also affect it.

#7 Posted by wis3boi (31695 posts) -

Well skill varies from game to game, but games havent gotten much easier, its just that way back then games used cheap tricks to make you die faster.

#8 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

No. I always play racing games with all assists turned off and the AI set at its highest difficulty. As far as action/adventure/RPG stuff, I occasionally play those at their highest difficulty level if I'm going for the plat. Though at medium difficulty most are a walk in the park.

#9 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
no. I found new genres to play and I still stick to some of my older games. I shifted a lot of my focus from FPS - though I still stick to quake and team fortress classic to bullet hell shmups.
#10 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Across the genres I've played I'd say it's gotten better. If you complain about the difficulty, most games have higher difficulties now. Just change it.

#11 Posted by wiouds (5340 posts) -

My have improved since this gen they reduce the amount of cheap deaths in games.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (15952 posts) -
No but my frustration level has lowered significantly. :P
#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

I don't think so. If a game is too easy for my I will increase the difficulty level

#14 Posted by planetjumper (638 posts) -

No generally I think the ease in difficulty is a result of good design decisions over poor ones. Compared each gen to each other and I feel as if game design gets better, developers making better decision which may or may not curb difficulty

Multiplayer games at least have gotten so much harder though ex:DotA2, SC2

#15 Posted by Pedro (21259 posts) -

Well skill varies from game to game, but games havent gotten much easier, its just that way back then games used cheap tricks to make you die faster.

wis3boi

Well said and in some cases games are easier soley because you can save and in some games you can save anytime and anywhere.

#16 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Pedro

Well said and in some cases games are easier soley because you can save and in some games you can save anytime and anywhere.

I agree with the above two points.

On topic, no not really. I still got it baby.

#17 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -
This is a really vague question since difficulty fluctuates across different genres, as do the demands of each. Platformers? I'd say they're a hell of a lot easier now than they were back in the day, but that's for various reasons. Fighters on the other hand haven't changed much if not at all in the difficulty department.