Halo 5: Guardians Announced, Coming to Xbox One in 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

In a post made on the Xbox News Wire, 343 Industries' General Manager Bonnie Ross has officially announced Halo 5: Guardians – the next entry in the storied Halo franchise that will look to take full advantage of Microsoft's Xbox One platform when it arrives in Fall of 2015.

As outlined in the post, the team at 343 is taking the task of upgrading the Halo series seriously as they focus on fulfilling fans' expectations of what a "next-gen" Halo experience will be.

"In the past, Halo games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a Halo game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the Halo game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One," writes Ross. "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

Unfortunately, there's basically zero details about the game itself to share today, but if you recall from Microsoft's press event at E3 last year, Halo fans were told that their journey would begin in 2014 – a subject that was also addressed in today's announcement.

"Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year," wrote Ross. "I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store."

So, what's your initial reaction to Halo 5: Guardians? Let us know in the comments below as we await further word on the game at E3 2014 and check this post again later as we update it with any images or video as they become available.

This may seduce me to buy an X1....

Do you think this game can be a system-seller ?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

My initial reaction is that I really have a hard time caring about a game that is that far away. They should have waited a while longer to announce this. Like at E3 2015. Much prefer the way Rockstar tends to not start talking about their next big game until it's within a year of release. Announcing and hyping a game this far away from release is just silly.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, who knows if Halo5 sells consoles its more than 2 E3´s away so who knows and who cares.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, who knows if Halo5 sells consoles its more than 2 E3´s away so who knows and who cares.

"who cares"

......oh wow, I dont mean to come off as a fanboy of any sort, but using that term in context with Halo, is ridiculous.

OT: Looking forward to seeing what this new Halo is all about, and hell excited for e3 now!

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

all I can say is , I could hardly breathe when i saw the news today .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

"who cares"

......oh wow, I dont mean to come off as a fanboy of any sort, but using that term in context with Halo, is ridiculous.

OT: Looking forward to seeing what this new Halo is all about, and hell excited for e3 now!

Fanboy much :D

But Halo is not more than any other 2$ FPS shooter out there, they are literally a dime a dozen

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

Awesome news even though this is when I expected the game to come. Really looking forward to seeing more stuff come out about it. Hopefully we'll get a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition this year to help with the wait.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Randolph: Off topic ; lol at the avatar

On topic , I don't give shit about Halo !

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mjorh

@Randolph said:

My initial reaction is that I really have a hard time caring about a game that is that far away. They should have waited a while longer to announce this. Like at E3 2015. Much prefer the way Rockstar tends to not start talking about their next big game until it's within a year of release. Announcing and hyping a game this far away from release is just silly.

Good point !

+

@elkoldo As much as i love Sony and its consoles , man let's be realistic , this franchise has been great so far and it deserves respect.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@mjorh: As much as i love Sony and its consoles , man let's be realistic , this franchise has been great so far and it deserves respect.

And I will give it all the respect it deserves....by buying Destiny on PS4. ;)

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mjorh

@Ish_basic said:

@mjorh: As much as i love Sony and its consoles , man let's be realistic , this franchise has been great so far and it deserves respect.

:D , i may do the same !

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#12 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

The only game I really liked and a clear standout for me was Combat Evolved, 2 & 3 should have been one game. The rest were pretty good but pretty hollow as well

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Halo 5 will for sure ship systems. But how many units depends on how the game will turn out.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

Shots Fired. ;)

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@Randolph said:

I agree completely with this though you're just now feeling this? I got the same feeling you're describing when 343i announced an entire trilogy. Clearly this is to make people buy Xbox Ones or some crap marketing stratagem.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Unless it's Nintendo, when a developer claims 60fps I am automatically skeptical. 30-60fps is not 60fps

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mesomorphin

@Jacanuk said:

@mesomorphin said:

@Jacanuk said:

"who cares"

Fanboy much :D

But Halo is not more than any other 2$ FPS shooter out there, they are literally a dime a dozen

With the amounts of cod clones, and bland fps's flooding the market today. Halo is one of the few that stands out from the crowd, its gameplay is an immense amount of fun, the sci-fi visual aesthetic( especially in Halo 4 ) exists to inspire! Brilliant character development, and an story arc that is incredibly deep, hence the amount of literature that has expanded the universe. I think you miss understand Halo as a whole, you disregard it as a "2$ FPS shooter out there" which leads me to believe you haven't played many modern FPS's out there my friend, most of which are bland, mundane and lack a decent story if any. And Whilst halo 4's multiplayer may be notoriously known for borrowing some attributes from the cod games, the campaign is redundant, and halo's multiplayer has been known to change from game to game. Now before you disregard my comment and pass me off as a fanboy, which has no intelligence and has a whore of a mother....Compare Halo's fanbase to any other first person shooter's fanbase, and tell me which is the more dedicated and enthusiastic! A quick glance at HaloFollower's youtube video's will show you in great detail, especially in the comment sections. If you a ps only owner and have a certain grudge against xbox, then please, dont view what iam saying as "OMFG XBONE IS BETTER" because thats not what I'am doing, I'am speaking on behalf of a video game.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kingcrimson24

@mesomorphin said:

With the amounts of cod clones, and bland fps's flooding the market today. Halo is one of the few that stands out from the crowd, its gameplay is an immense amount of fun, the sci-fi visual aesthetic( especially in Halo 4 ) exists to inspire! Brilliant character development, and an story arc that is incredibly deep, hence the amount of literature that has expanded the universe. I think you miss understand Halo as a whole, you disregard it as a "2$ FPS shooter out there" which leads me to believe you haven't played many modern FPS's out there my friend, most of which are bland, mundane and lack a decent story if any. And Whilst halo 4's multiplayer may be notoriously known for borrowing some attributes from the cod games, the campaign is redundant, and halo's multiplayer has been known to change from game to game. Now before you disregard my comment and pass me off as a fanboy, which has no intelligence and has a whore of a mother....Compare Halo's fanbase to any other first person shooter's fanbase, and tell me which is the more dedicated and enthusiastic! A quick glance at HaloFollower's youtube video's will show you in great detail, especially in the comment sections. If you a ps only owner and have a certain grudge against xbox, then please, dont view what iam saying as "OMFG XBONE IS BETTER" because thats not what I'am doing, I'am speaking on behalf of a video game.

well said my friend . Halo is not a COD clone and not just another shooter . Halo is a big Universe . like Star wars . and there is a lot in it to discover .

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mesomorphin

@kingcrimson24 I can defiantly see why alot of people diss Halo 4. Truth be told, it's multiplayer was heavily inspired by call of duty, and its campaign story was very hard to understand, had one not already had previous knowledge on Halo's back story, before the events of CE. But as a fan, who has read into the universe quite a bit, and appreciates excellent voice acting, and wild visuals, it was extremely hard for me, not to finish Halo 4 campaign over and over again, to grasp every bit of detail. Whilst I was a much bigger fan of the original trilogy story with the covenant and the prophets, I'am still really excited for Halo 5!

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I really don't know because I didn't because the only info I got was 343 talking it up.

@elkoldo said:

On topic , I don't give shit about Halo !

Good fight.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingcrimson24

@mesomorphin: I loved Halo 4 . it is a bit hard to understand if someone doesn't know the story about Forrunners and their past and I think the game failed to tell the whole story . to understand the thing Halo fans need to read some books and wikis and stuff .

everything else about Halo 4s campaign was amazing . Visuals and Art style , Music , Sound effects ... everything was great . and Spartan ops story got me really really really excited for Halo 5 . I want to see what will happen between Master Chief , Halsey and UNSC .

personally , I don't care much for Multiplayer . I just play it for fun .

if someone is too confused about Halo Universe , this Timeline will help A LOT

http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/halotimeline21.jpg?cda6c1

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@mjorh said:

@elkoldo As much as i love Sony and its consoles , man let's be realistic , this franchise has been great so far and it deserves respect.

Man I ain't no Sony fan.I admire them for how they treat and respect their costumers, what money-lovers like Microsoft and Nintendo never do, and for things like Last Of Us, but by no means am I a Sony fanboy.Remember the thread you created about the 5 best publishers ? Remember I named Microsoft as the fifth, merely for releasing Alan Wake ?

@Ish_basic said: